Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well that sucked!

SUNSTONE

Next time, try and do the exact opposite. Dont mention religion, confessing sins, working out or any of that. I bet you find some normal people that live and let live and end up NOT arguing with you about religion and probably workout and eat right just because thats what a lot of people do.

Your original plan screamed "I AM LOOKING FOR A CULT" and thats what you got.

i kinda got the same thing. with the type of relationship you were looking for, you can't advertise for that, you have to know the people before hand.

You should have wielded your katana at one of them. Then you should have quoted Ezekiel 25:17:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I'll see your Ezekiel with a katana and raise you a firearm with this:

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sanctii."

I kept reading thinking that this would become your mission and at the end of the story you would have saved them. A house full of sinners and you to show them the light (by taking away the lighters)

If you really need some kind of retreat or contemplative commune. They do exist. If what you really want to do is study and meditate you need to get outside the real world. The real world will unfortunately always get messy really quickly.

This place wasn't a "get away from the world" type place.

It's suppose to be a team effort to help each other become stronger over lifestyles that cause problems in life, such as smoking, poor eating, and not working out, just to name a few.

You don't need to get far away to get a good lifestyle, you just need a team and some work.

You might be looking for too much. A friend of mine goes to a funky church that has no building. They meet in a coffee house (which they own). They have little groups on everything from eating right to enviromentalism. You choose which to join and they do all sorts of things from camping trips to movie nights.

You don't need to pull away from life to do those things you mentioned. You just have to find the right place for yourself.

Anyway, sorry to hear your plans didn't work out as you intended.

Looking for people who want to live a healthy lifestyle is asking for too much?

Why do you need a team to lead a healthy life? :o

Or do you just mean that you were looking for like-minded people to try this out with?

Because a team can help keep you in check, they also help motivate you.

It's very tempting to slide on things.

It's like having blockers for you running backs, they help fight off temptation.

Everyone should be like minded when it comes to taking care of yourself.

Archived