Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alan Branch Interview on NFL.com

#98QBKiller

I found this on the front page of NFL.com. I did a search and didn't see it here, so enjoy!

Not too many highlights more of a quick "getting to know you," type of interview. Branch is a very chill guy with a sense of humor about himself.

He talks about how much he likes breakdancing and then he even busts out some moves :) :

http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=First%20Draft%3A%20Alan%20Branch&link=http%3A%2F%2Fplay.rbn.com%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fnflfilms%2Fdemand%2Fs2007%2Fnfln%2Foff%2Ffirst%5Fdraft%5Fbranch%5F300k.rm%26rpcontexturl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Ffieldpass%2Fincludes%2Fpromo%26rpcontextwidth%3D417%26rpcontextheight%3D250

Click on the link and then click on "Click to start RealPlayer" if you don't have RealPlayer you may have to download it but you need it to view videos on NFL.com anyway.

I found this on the front page of NFL.com. I did a search and didn't see it here, so enjoy!

Not too many highlights more of a quick "getting to know you," type of interview. Branch is a very chill guy with a sense of humor about himself.

He talks about how much he likes breakdancing and then he even busts out some moves :) :

Branch is a real gem waiting to unlesh his natural talents for us. There's no guarantee he will fall down in the picking and it's a gamble to try and predict the draft order.

His interview illustrates how he is determine to be the best that he can be and he is not a lazy guy as some want to label him.

I love for Branch to be there at number whatever when the Skins select their draft pick along with another first day pick.

I am going out on a limb (no pun intended) to say this man will be a beast in the NFL. I would love to see his stock fall, the Skins trade down to the early teens and pick this kid up.

I like Okoye as well, but I believe Branch is the real deal now. It says something that he anchored the best defense against the run in college football.

Does anyone have more information on the supposed "stress fractures" this guy has in his legs? This in itself seems like a deal breaker to me...

I read somewhere (maybe NFL.com) that some teams are diagnosing his leg issues as shin splints. Anyone who has ever had them will tell you they are painful as hell but there aren't any structural issues involved.

Does anyone have more information on the supposed "stress fractures" this guy has in his legs? This in itself seems like a deal breaker to me...

Yeah, it is a rumor spread to hurt his draft status. Shin splints are common among DL. And further evidence that he didn't have stress fractures is that he was not asked to undergo a second medical examination after the NFL combine. So basically it means he passed his tests with flying colors. I am not a Branch fan but its sad to see rumors spread to hurt a guys draft status just so you can get him later in the draft. I think he would be a great bargain later in the first round. If Okoye is the expensive DT now, then I say trade down and then get Branch. He will play with a chip on his shoulder with all the bad press written about him lately. Plus, I really can't see and young player not trying to impress a HOFer in Joe Gibbs, and vet in Greg Blache, and well-paying owner in Dan Snyder. People WANT to play for us because they know they will get paid if they do so. However, all that being said, I think we should trade down, grab BOWE and use our 2nd and 3rd round picks on a Brandon Merriweather/DT and DE. Maybe grab another DT in the 5th or 6th. I personally like Walter Thomas because while he may be a project but I think he's worth it as a situational run-stopping 370 lb DT IMO.

I think this guy is going to have a rude awakening in the NFL. Okoye has a lot more time and physical strength to gain.

I think that is wishful thinking. He may not gain another inch and/or have problems adding weight because he plays with a high motor. People are saying he is 300+ lbs but he actually was 295 lbs at the NFL Combine and managed to put on an amazing 6 lbs at his Pro Day so now he's 301 lbs. I think he's a project and not an immediate impact player as many percieve him too be. He might also just be another Golston who was also 295 lbs when we drafted him. I think the FO realizes this and won't take him at No. 6. Golston actually played at 292 lbs last season and is 2 inches taller and I don't think their is any question about how hard Golston worked last year. I think Okoye may be a bust because he will have the same impact as Golston on this team except he would have been drafted in the 1st round and paid a lot more money. I think the appeal with Branch is that he actually has the requisite size to be a run-stopper against NFL OGs. If he is coached up, which he will, he may have a much more immediate impact that many believe.

Breakdancing? Whats that? Is that the same as lap dancing? :laugh:

If Alan Branch gave anyone a lap dance they would have more than just "stress fractures." They'd have broken-ass legs!!!

(See below) :)

He's had 2 team visits. TB (which wont take him with Calvin Johnson most likely still on the board) and Washington! :D

Two words, due diligence. This could be a cover for a trade down to #12 with Buffalo in case Peterson falls to #6.

Two words, due diligence. This could be a cover for a trade down to #12 with Buffalo in case Peterson falls to #6.

And no other teams have done said due diligence other than us? :doh:

Too complicated. The most simple explanation, which is often the most correct one, is that we are actually looking at him as well as grading all of the possible players that will be available at #6.

Archived