Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radford still holding Quadfest

BayouBrave86

What do ya'll think about this, considering a mass murder just happened at their neighboring school 10 minutes up the road? I think its actually in poor taste, unfortunately my friends who go there are still all about having it. Anyway, just figured I'd get your thoughts and reactions. If you don't know, Quadfest is Radford's weekend long party from what I understand.

I must comment on this.

Yup...the students of Radford (and other colleges....don't think this is just limited to Radford students) are gonna drink themselves stupid and fill the jails and hospitals this weekend. Already started last night. Dealt with the first drunken *******s of the weekend. (For those who don't know, I'm a medic for Radford EMS)

There is a small group here who has advocated against the stupidity, however I don't feel it will be enough. I think it is pretty stupid and disrespectful to VT. Public servants who are already stressed out and haven't slept much this week will have to deal with this **** all weekend. I have to work a 24 hour shift tomorrow. I can't ****ing wait.

Thanks.

I must comment on this.

Yup...the students of Radford (and other colleges....don't think this is just limited to Radford students) are gonna drink themselves stupid and fill the jails and hospitals this weekend. Already started last night. Dealt with the first drunken *******s of the weekend. (For those who don't know, I'm a medic for Radford EMS)

There is a small group here who has advocated against the stupidity, however I don't feel it will be enough. I think it is pretty stupid and disrespectful to VT. Public servants who are already stressed out and haven't slept much this week will have to deal with this **** all weekend. I have to work a 24 hour shift tomorrow. I can't ****ing wait.

Thanks.

good luck bro... appreciate what you do for the public:notworthy

the reason Radford is a party town... is because there is NOTHING else to do. nothing at all. everything closes at like 8:00pm, and "everything" is not a very extensive list. what else are you gonna do?

"Quadfest" is kind of a tradition. It's not like the recent events were in anyway alcohol related. What happened Monday was tragic but in reality it could happen at absolutely anytime, and at any college. Although we pray to god that it will not. You can't control your environment completely. Besides, living in fear would be anything but beneficial.

I don't go to UMBC but they're doing the same thing. So is the school I'm going to Mount St Mary's. The show must go on. For many schools, these events have been planned months in advance and is the biggest event in their calender. If anything, stopping these events nationwide is exactly what the shooter would want. It's like him leaving even more of a legacy. I could understand VTech not having any events planned though.

good luck bro... appreciate what you do for the public:notworthy

Thanks a lot. Apparently "kegs and eggs" started at 10AM. Can't wait to smell that vomit!

Let them have their fun. Its not like you HAVE to drop everything everytime something bad happens.

I agree, however, we are only 20 minutes from VT. Pretty much neighbors. I agree that life should go on and no one should live in fear and all that, but it isn't even a week removed from what happened. Yet people still want to make asses of themselves.

Radford was THE best place to travel to for a college rugby game. I don't know if it's still the case, but, Radford girls are very friendly creatures, bless them.

Haha...it is still pretty good for that. I know rugby players are crazy ****ers. We get called down all the time when they get hurt and they still wanna play! (One guy had a compound fracture to his thumb....he was trying to pop the bone back in, drink a beer and go back and play.)

And yes, Radford girls are pretty friendly...especially with the liberal application of alcohol this weekend!

I don't go to UMBC but they're doing the same thing. So is the school I'm going to Mount St Mary's. The show must go on. For many schools, these events have been planned months in advance and is the biggest event in their calender. If anything, stopping these events nationwide is exactly what the shooter would want. It's like him leaving even more of a legacy. I could understand VTech not having any events planned though.

Well, Quadfest isn't officially sanctioned anymore. A few years ago, the university cancelled it b/c of all the trouble it caused. (Pretty much rioting in the streets.) The students have taken it upon themselves to keep it going by keeping the partying going on off campus.

Archived