Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins looking for a WR in 1st round and not Calvin Johnson?? Dwayne Bowe??

goterps1986

Lloyd just needed to get open more often and he would have been more productive.

This comment is amazing, where did you get it from. I got one:

Carlos Rogers just needed to make interceptions and he would have been more productive or

Warrick Holdman just needed to tackle more and he would have been more productive.

If true, this rumor only means the team is exploring it's options if they decide to trade down. And, if we're honest with ourselves we'll admit that we've only got half of a very good WR tandem. In spite of the $$$ we dropped on the position last offseason, we're very much in need of a posession WR, a guy that can help us sustain offense in order to give Moss, Portis and Cooley more touches.

While we've got a lot of talent in some areas we still have a LOT of holes to fill and a few question marks in other areas. If we trade down and add this guy I don't think that would be any worse than taking a 2nd DL or an OG with the extra pick. All of these are areas that need to be addressed so whether we do it now or later isn't the issue-just that we do it at some point.

And, FWIW both Bowe and Meachem look pretty good to me. I think Meachem will be a more explosive player but will be long gone by the end of the first round. Bowe however, may be available in the 2nd.

we are SET at WR. end of story.

oh and you didnt mention that moss was one of the worst productive #1 receivers in the league. EVERYBODY sucked last year, it wasnt just lloyd and RE. it wasnt like moss lit it up and lloyd and RE were sub par. they all blew, yet you only think one or two of them suck. throw moss into the suck category if youre gonna bash the WR corps.

RE had a better season then Lloyd did. Moss was injured a few times still had 6td's Lloyd had 0td's. Lloyd gets bashed because of what we paid for him and because of his attitude. Moss and RE showed us some rays of light. Lloyd showed us the dark side.

he had 856 through his first 8, and 627 over his last 8. not a drastic drop. obviously he had a better first half, but he was still putting up numbers. he had one of his huge days vs the giants the 2nd to last game.

In 05 also we had D clicking at the right time. Plus Portis was doing a great job. Moss against the Giants was a beautiful thing we blew them out in the 1st quarter. So everything was flowing for us in that game. :cheers:

they soured so much on him they gave him a 5million dollar bonus. THOSE ANGRY MEN!

They gave him the contract extension before he played a down.

In fact, the cap hit they'd take for releasing Lloyd -- especially after taking a big one when they traded Arch -- may be the biggest reason he's on the team next year. Because the coaches and players -- as CP said -- just aren't too fond of the guy anymore. Funny -- same thing happened in San Fran.

They gave him the contract extension before he played a down.

In fact, the cap hit they'd take for releasing Lloyd -- especially after taking a big one when they traded Arch -- may be the biggest reason he's on the team next year. Because the coaches and players -- as CP said -- just aren't too fond of the guy anymore. Funny -- same thing happened in San Fran.

CP was pissed at everyone last year because he was injured and felt helpless, and its understandable. lloyd will be fine. and we gave him the bonus after the season, and we didnt give arch his. we could have easily done to lloyd what we did to arch and we didnt.

CP was pissed at everyone last year because he was injured and felt helpless, and its understandable. lloyd will be fine. and we gave him the bonus after the season, and we didnt give arch his. we could have easily done to lloyd what we did to arch and we didnt.

It was either give him that bonus and keep him on the roster and hope he contributes more, or take a huge cap hit. The team's hands were tied.

But come on, the team obviously doesn't think much of the guy. I mean, if they thought he was going to be anything close to a solid number two they wouldn't be looking at every receiver in the draft. And oh yeah, who was that starting the last couple games? Randle-El.

This comment is amazing, where did you get it from. I got one:

Carlos Rogers just needed to make interceptions and he would have been more productive or

Warrick Holdman just needed to tackle more and he would have been more productive.

I got from something I learned growing up. Its called stating the obvious. Taylor Jacobs got open more than Lloyd did he just couldn't catch.

Here's another one: If we won more games we would be in the playoffs. Or if I wanted to be a smart*** I would say something ignorant. :cheers:

It was either give him that bonus and keep him on the roster and hope he contributes more, or take a huge cap hit. The team's hands were tied.

But come on, the team obviously doesn't think much of the guy. I mean, if they thought he was going to be anything close to a solid number two they wouldn't be looking at every receiver in the draft. And oh yeah, who was that starting the last couple games? Randle-El.

so why didnt we just do to him what we did to arch? their contracts were the same if i remember.

so why didnt we just do to him what we did to arch? their contracts were the same if i remember.

I think it's pretty simple. The team couldn't afford to eat both their cap hits. With Lloyd, there's at least hope he could stop being such a pain in the butt off the field and start contributing on it. With Arch, well I think they realized they wildly overestimated what he was capable of as a football player.

Just what I think, of course. Could be wrong.

I think it's pretty simple. The team couldn't afford to eat both their cap hits. With Lloyd, there's at least hope he could stop being such a pain in the butt off the field and start contributing on it. With Arch, well I think they realized they wildly overestimated what he was capable of as a football player.

Just what I think, of course. Could be wrong.

pretty fair assessment. i honestly think lloyd was just being a b**** because the team sucked so bad. he comes from SF, one of the worst teams, hes got talent and excited to win, and his new team is even worse than SF was. id be upset too. hes young, lets give him some time.

pretty fair assessment. i honestly think lloyd was just being a b**** because the team sucked so bad. he comes from SF, one of the worst teams, hes got talent and excited to win, and his new team is even worse than SF was. id be upset too. hes young, lets give him some time.

I had high hopes for Lloyd and I still do. Let's face it though, if we take a WR he's probably not gonna be ready for a year or two. Lloyd will still have his chance to show if he belongs in the meantime. If Lloyd still sucks after this year, then at least we have a guy ready to plug in in '08. If Lloyd blossoms, then we have the makings of a GREAT WR corps. We also will have injury insurance. Yes, we still need DL help, but taking a WR is not insane.

lots of BS, if we wanted the stereotypical 6'4/6'5 WR to improve our red zone efficiany we wouldn't have signed two 5'10/5'11/6'0 WRs to compliment Moss in ARE and Lloyd

Yeah, because everybody knows our FO has a great plan and always does what makes sense.

If we trade down for a receiver I hope it's for Jarrett, not Bowe.

No, Jarrett is big but slow. I know you are from AZ and probably biased towards Pac-10 WRs but you never know what you are getting out there cause they don't NFL-type cornerbacks out there. I would Bowe over Jarett any day. Jarrett is the next big, slow Mike Williams or Keyshawn Johnson until he proves otherwise. Plus his abismal 40 time should be a warning.

Well I guess we are officially interested in every single player in the first round.

True, I think I've heard the Redskins named with every player in the first round! lol.....Guess the FO is learning because we have no idea who they are going to pick unlike the last couple of years.:applause:

Archived