Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In together, Out together how ironic

Griff

How ironic is this:

arrington_penn.jpg11-24-97d03-009.jpg

Isn't it ironic that in the 2000 NFL draft LaVar and Courtney Brown, both team-mates at Penn State, both go 1 & 2 in the draft and both were so hyped and now both will retire the same year from knee injuries.

i think the were players who could never get put it all together. they both were physically giftted but couldn't either stay on the field or find a system to exploit their talents.

i'm not bitter about their careers at all. i'm glad they were able to make some money in their tenure so they can jumpstart their second careers.

i think the were players who could never get put it all together. they both were physically giftted but couldn't either stay on the field or find a system to exploit their talents.

i'm not bitter about their careers at all. i'm glad they were able to make some money in their tenure so they can jumpstart their second careers.

For Brown, it was injuries that stopped his career.

For LaVar, it was his ego...and deficiencies.

Naw man it owas injuries for Lavar too. I will never forget his last game he gave it to the Cowboys and on his way of the filed he just dropped to the ground. I was so confused :doh:
']Not true at all. For Lavar' date=' it was injuries, plain and simple. If he was healthy, he would be playing and starting somewhere.[/quote']
It had nothing to do with not having carteledge in his knee. Tearing his Achilles was irrelevant also.

Oh sure, his knee was the reason he's out of football but when he was healthy, he never lived up to his expectations. Why? Because he thought he knew better than the coaches on where he was supposed to be and how he was supposed to react.

When he played well, he was guessing right...but then again, a blind hog roots an acorn every now and then.

Most of his coaches, even Paterno, got tired of his act pretty quickly.

For Brown, it was injuries that stopped his career.

For LaVar, it was his ego...and deficiencies.

If anybody here has read my posts about Lavar, you know that I'm not a big fan of his anymore.....but I have to say it's injuries plain and simple.

he had multiple injuries as a Redskin (his knee, his hands remember?) and now the tendon with the G-men.

Had he stayed healthy and had one system to follow, probably would still be an active player. But his comments about this team and Coach Gibbs made me lose any respect for him as a player.

It's actually not ironic at all :whoknows:

Why is it not ironic?

Should I have used the word "improbable" ?

I used the word ironic in the context of an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Why is it not ironic?

Should I have used the word "improbable" ?

I used the word ironic in the context of an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

The fact that both Brown and Arrington are retiring at the same time due to knee injuries is coincidental, not ironic. You seemed to imply that this coincidence is ironic.

As for both of them being drafted high, and yet not successful in the league due to injuries, that is not exactly ironic either. If both were expected to be great stars, and were completely healthy and just happened not to be good, then that could be ironic. I guess Ryan Leaf fits into that category. He was suppposed to be the best QB of that draft class and turned out to be the worst.

The fact that both Brown and Arrington are retiring at the same time due to knee injuries is coincidental, not ironic. You seemed to imply that this coincidence is ironic.

As for both of them being drafted high, and yet not successful in the league due to injuries, that is not exactly ironic either. If both were expected to be great stars, and were completely healthy and just happened not to be good, then that could be ironic. I guess Ryan Leaf fits into that category. He was suppposed to be the best QB of that draft class and turned out to be the worst.

Thank you for adding your incite to my thread, it is well noted for all to see, you don't think it is ironic...

Archived