Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs?

wit 33

I don't think he is worth the 7 million cap hit, but he is the best we have and I'd cringe if we actually cut him. I say pay him the 7 million this year and give him an ulitmatum in March of next year. If he doesn't restructure, cut him.

so youre ok with paying a guy 7 million dollars who hasnt been 100% in 6 seasons and has missed substantial time in about half of them? id rather sign a bunch of kids and let them play out, maybe strike gold instead of paying an overrated CB who doesnt hit the field ever and is close to retirement. do you people forget he had 3 large injuries last year? abominal surgery, broken shoulder, and a hamstring problem? these arent things that go away when you get older haha.

Cut SS? NO, that creates a hole at CB. We don't need that.

Does he make to much money? YES, but that is A} what he costs B} he restructured a couple of years ago so it's fair to not expect him to do it again.

I believe the only answer is to REPLACE him. The Bly deal would have been nice. And it would be Ideal if CR would do it.Nobody is saying SS can't play at a high level, but he doesn't play a full season, he just can't. Moving him to saftey would just further put him in harms way. Maybe as occasional fill in until PP is back 100%, but thats it. If you think SS should be moved to FS, then your putting ST out of possition and that can't help and it also means you are content with the CBs we already have.

I thought June 1rst most teams cut players or are we not doing that this year? If not, than I guess FA is over.

The Pats signed Tory James yeasterday, wonder if that means anything?

The only reason in the world that I can think of for not keeping him is the money. He is by far and away the best CB we have. Even in last season dreadful year, this defense was totally different when he was on the field as oppose to when he wasn't. I think that after October 1 (I think that's the date), after this year's contracts are in the books he will restructer his contract, which will free up enough money to rework Cooley's deal as well.

Archived