Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if ___ falls, who is worth more?

keeping mancrush calvin johnson out of this thread, id like everyones opinion on who is worth more in terms of trade value for us if they were to fall. im mainly focused on Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn, because out of all the top talent, these are the two players who have been projected so differently so many times, its feasble they could fall to us. so who is worth more? should we hope that quinn falls so we can trade with minny/miami? or do we hope that peterson falls and we can dump him off to GB or another team in need of a full time runningback? i only bring this up because both of these have been projected to go as low as 3 and as high as 12. johnson/thomas/adams/russell will most likely not be available to us.

I think that with the current rationale that RB's are a dime a dozen, which I think is completely false, that Quinn will have much more value. He is clearly the second best prospect at QB in this draft. If Quinn falls to us, we will have no problem finding multiple suitors.

peterson is considered an elite prospect though. hes the #1 RB in the draft.

I completely agree with you there. Peterson will be very good in the NFL. However, with the recent trades of Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee, Edgerrin James, etc. etc. etc...I could go on and on. It just shows that the league views RB's as dispensible, which is clearly a trademarked idea from the Broncos. Regardless, my point was that the position of QB is viewed as more difficult to fill...especially with a good prospect. Look at the deal that Matt Schaub just got from the Texans. Look back at the whole hype caused from Billy Volek's few starts, who is now riding the bench in San Diego. Remember A.J. Feely? Also bombed in Miami. Teams are in dire need of quality QB's...it's a fact. For that reason, IF Quinn fell to us at the 6 spot, we would receive more valuable offers for him over Peterson.

Also, another point to consider...the Dolphins are one of the most QB-starved franchises in the league currently. They're sitting at the 9th spot. The Dolphins also have 2 2nd rounders. I would absolutely trade Quinn from the 6th spot, if he falls, to the Dolphins for the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders.

Both quinn and ap would have equal value as a trade for us-there are some teams need a qb and others need rb. they were both great college players at there position and nobody knows how good of a pro player they will be. either way any team that trades up is taking a gamble.

Also, another point to consider...the Dolphins are one of the most QB-starved franchises in the league currently. They're sitting at the 9th spot. The Dolphins also have 2 2nd rounders. I would absolutely trade Quinn from the 6th spot, if he falls, to the Dolphins for the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders.

i didnt know the dolphins have 2 2nd rounders. thats great news for us.

Archived