Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best/Favorite Pink Floyd song?

Spaceman Spiff

I remember exactly when I first heard the song Wish You Were Here. I was going to sleep and the CD hit track 4, and I suddenly opened my eyes. I was blown away, I mean it's not a complicated song....but the melody is deep. I think Gilmour's best solo is in Shine in you Crazy Diamond, the guitar goes with the chord changes perfectly...brilliant

Lyrics to Wish You Were Here:

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,

blue skies from pain.

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change?

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found? The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

Don't know what year they wrote it, but it applies so much to todays world, in my opinion. Basically it's saying the values of life have gone down the toilet because we bought into the crud fed to us by people "high up". My favourite line of any song: "And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found? The same old fears.

Wish you were here."

One of my favorite lyric sections from any songs. "Wish You Were Here" is a great one.

I always remember this one time, living in Arkansas, some friends and I went to a nearby park. We hiked up this mountain and found a good spot along a trail that was right along a cliff and a valley below; across the valley was another line of mountains that rose up, in shadow. It was an incredibly clear night, perfect for the scene, with different hues of color, from the horizon to the deepest part of the sky.

Sometime during the night, as we were finding enlightment and inwardness, the moon rose from behind the mountains across from us. A big, amazing blue moon. "Wish You Were Here" was the album that we had playing on this boom box, and it is something I will will always hold dear and remember. I always remember "Have a Cigar" creeping out of the boom box as I watched my first moonrise in the mountains. It was an incredibly majestic, beautiful night, and the album was just perfect.

"I've got a bike. / You can ride it if you like. / It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good. / I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it."

okay, Wish You Were Here

- "I've got a mouse and he doesn't have a house I don't know why I call him Gerald. He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse"

I can't believe no one has said "hey you" yet. It's one of my all time favorite songs. The lyrics are amazing:

Hey you, standing in the road

Always doing what youre told,

Can you help me?

Hey you, out there beyond the wall,

Breaking bottles in the hall,

Can you help me?

Hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Lyrics to Wish You Were Here:

Don't know what year they wrote it, but it applies so much to todays world, in my opinion. Basically it's saying the values of life have gone down the toilet because we bought into the crud fed to us by people "high up". My favourite line of any song: "[/size][/font][/size][/font]And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

Wish You Were Here is about Syd Barrett. Sanity versus insanity; psycotic breaks are caused because you cannot ignore the bad things even when small (a walk on part in the war) and are unable to lie to yourself about the the world around you.

- "I've got a mouse and he doesn't have a house I don't know why I call him Gerald. He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse"

One thing so great about Bike is that it sounds like a bubble-gum piece but there is something definitely twisted about it. If flows one way then goes psycho on you. A very prophetic piece.

I can't believe no one has said "hey you" yet. It's one of my all time favorite songs. The lyrics are amazing:

Hey you, standing in the road

Always doing what youre told,

Can you help me?

Hey you, out there beyond the wall,

Breaking bottles in the hall,

Can you help me?

Hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Does anybody here remember VERA LYNN?

Remember how she said that we would meet again, some sunny day...

VERA!

VERA!

What has become of you?

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?

F#

G

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wish You Were Here is about Syd Barrett. Sanity versus insanity; psycotic breaks are caused because you cannot ignore the bad things even when small (a walk on part in the war) and are unable to lie to yourself about the the world around you.

I knew I was close...

Archived