Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC New Blog, About Briggs

Skinsinparadise

Actually, no, he didn't reject it. He didn't reply to it at all save to explain his situation, after which point the team helped him out of dodge. Don't get me wrong. The Redskins would have been fine keeping Bailey. But, they didn't view him as having played well the year before and they felt they could improve with others available in a big year for corners. We never actually negotiated with him because his agent let us know after receiving the initial start of negotiations why it was important for him to start fresh. Trust me when I tell you, if Bailey was deemed to be as good as he was in 2002, he'd still be here now, regardless of what Bailey wanted. In the end, that's the common thing with all these types of moves. The team that owns the player's rights can always get the player into the fold if it wants to.

So, the team determined that Bailey was no longer that good, and he is now arguably the best defensive player in football.

That's encouraging.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Too soon to say whether it will actually happen or not, but the mere fact they are in this deep is pretty bizarre to me. Dale Lindsey gets fired at least in some small part because Rocky doesn't get on the field, and they the owner is schmoozing Next Question and Briggs a few months later, which would render Rocky a big-time spare part after giving up a heck of a lot to draft him a year ago. Whatever. Like I have said time and again, when it comes to covering this team nothing surprises me anymore.

Is there even a source that this is the reason that Dale was fired? Or is this just speculation? Something tells me that it may just be a coincidence that Dale was fired the year that he didn't play Rocky. I have a feeling it has more to do with him telling Dan Snyder that he didn't like golf or something like that. I find it hard to believe that our football team made a football decision based purely on football.

Archived