Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Wants to Win Now!

lavar1156

A lot of you guys are saying that there's no chace that we draft offense and we need to only draft for defense. But I think the truth is that Gibbs wants to win as soon as possible and waiting for a defensive lineman to develop is not the answer.

He only has probably 2 years left and he doesn't want to risk drafting a lineman that could turn into a bust. Defensive lineman have to be one of the most difficult positions to project next to quarterback.

Sure there is a risk that CJ turns into a bust as well but he gives a dynamic demention on offense and a huge target for our young qb. And remember that Calvin Johnson had one of the worst quarterbacks in the country throwing to him. Reggie Ball was a joke. Imagine what CJ can do with Campbell....pretty scary.

Not only do I hope that we trade up to get Johnson, I will be surprised if we don't. I'm not sying we don't need d-line help but I know we will regret passing on a guy like Johnson if we have a chance to take him. Once in a decade talent in my opinion. Make the move Gibbs!

I guess this is somewhat of a new perspective. But, Gibbs may only coach one or two more years, but he may stay on as the team president/GM. This would mean he would want to build for success. I just don't see us tying up any more money in a WR. If we moved Lloyd this offseason, or even tried, I could see us making a play for CJ.

I'm just trying to say why I think there's a good chance that we try to draft this guy. I don't post much but it was bothering me that people think we would be insane to draft anything but defense. Whats wrong with drafting the best player in the draft?

Well, Gibbs wanted to win last year, too. You're surprised?

What I meant was that I don't think he wants a to draft a developmental player like a defensive lineman. He wants an immediate impact player like Johnson. Why do you think we are interested in Briggs?

:gus: Will it ever end?? There are a million Calvin Johnson threads already.

Seriously. I can't remember the last time I saw an idea so abused by the threads. There should be a program that negates threads that have "Calvin" or "Johnson" in the title.

A lot of you guys are saying that there's no chace that we draft offense and we need to only draft for defense. But I think the truth is that Gibbs wants to win as soon as possible and waiting for a defensive lineman to develop is not the answer.

He only has probably 2 years left and he doesn't want to risk drafting a lineman that could turn into a bust. Defensive lineman have to be one of the most difficult positions to project next to quarterback.

Sure there is a risk that CJ turns into a bust as well but he gives a dynamic demention on offense and a huge target for our young qb. And remember that Calvin Johnson had one of the worst quarterbacks in the country throwing to him. Reggie Ball was a joke. Imagine what CJ can do with Campbell....pretty scary.

Not only do I hope that we trade up to get Johnson, I will be surprised if we don't. I'm not sying we don't need d-line help but I know we will regret passing on a guy like Johnson if we have a chance to take him. Once in a decade talent in my opinion. Make the move Gibbs!

I agree 1000000%. You are right on. We need to get him. Forget the good qb nonsense.....you don't need a good qb in the NFC to make the Superbowl. No team ever has needed one. Not since Joe Montana....or even Aikman, has a team needed a great qb to make the Superbowl in the NFC.

I personally would offer Portis up in two seconds to get CJ if we had to. Hopefully we don't, but Betts imho, more than earned the job last season.

It is nice to meet you, and good to see that someone on here has brains.

:logo:

We've wanted to win now every year since 2000.

And therin lies the problem. We need a three to five year plan that says we aim to start winning in two to three years and then keep it going. Ironically, taking a whole bunch of little win-now plans into every season usually just ends up being one big win-never plan.

I agree 1000000%. You are right on. We need to get him. Forget the good qb nonsense.....you don't need a good qb in the NFC to make the Superbowl. No team ever has needed one. Not since Joe Montana....or even Aikman, has a team needed a great qb to make the Superbowl in the NFC.

I personally would offer Portis up in two seconds to get CJ if we had to. Hopefully we don't, but Betts imho, more than earned the job last season.

It is nice to meet you, and good to see that someone on here has brains.

:logo:

thank the good Lord and all that is Holy that you have NO say in the running of this franchise.

Gibbs wants to win now and he is building our team through the draft and FA. I like were we are headed this year!

Archived