Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This aint your pappy's athelete

Jahbird

I wholly planned this as a reaction to the AA trade thread when i had a revolutionary idea. Why the f*** shouldnt we expect these players to earn their money? Coaching and defensive systems aside, if we pay arch 5 bujilllion dollars to make a play, why cant we hold him responsible when he fails to to do so? If he sits on the pine that is his deal...Many, all, of us have played youth sports...and all of us quickly learned that starting requires character, gumption even, and accountability. Where along the line did we lose accountability? Regardless of your hype, regardless of your salary, somewhere along the line as a leader, as an athelete, as a REDSKIN you earn your money by being accountable. Yes, we love the hype and yes we love the circus that has become the off season but at what point are we (the fans) going to hold a real money-getter to his onfield performance? My entire point is that superior atheletes who fail to make commonplace plays should be held accountable for their inability to adjust. It is not our coaches or our FO's fault that our FAs have not lived up to expectations. The liability and culpability lies within the athelete. Those who market themselves as the answer or the addition need to achieve beyond their inital contribution. That is what the ***********god****mothe***ing paycheck brings them. We didnt bring 40 here to be a superbowl winner, we brought him here to be a piece of a puzzle. Personally, five million pays me more than Sherlock Holmes

[i'm not sure which week Archuleta was benched but by looking at his tackle #s I'm going to assume week 7 he did not start.

6 games with Archuleta starting

3.8 yards per carry allowed (667/175)

10 games thereafter

4.82 yards per carry allowed (1471/305)

I would have to say this shows what an impact AA had on the team. AA was brought here to be a SS not a FS. That is why we have ST.

You're right! Damnit, Archuleta should have been making plays! He was getting paid a ton of money! It doesn't matter if he was leading the team in tackles when he was benched! He should have run on the field and tackled someone anyway! And he talked to the MEDIA! Damn him! I mean, sure, we overlook it when Portis does it, but Archuleta isn't a Skin anymore! Damnit!

I wholly planned this as a reaction to the AA trade thread when i had a revolutionary idea. Why the f*** shouldnt we expect these players to earn their money? Coaching and defensive systems aside, if we pay arch 5 bujilllion dollars to make a play, why cant we hold him responsible when he fails to to do so? If he sits on the pine that is his deal...Many, all, of us have played youth sports...and all of us quickly learned that starting requires character, gumption even, and accountability. Where along the line did we lose accountability? Regardless of your hype, regardless of your salary, somewhere along the line as a leader, as an athelete, as a REDSKIN you earn your money by being accountable. Yes, we love the hype and yes we love the circus that has become the off season but at what point are we (the fans) going to hold a real money-getter to his onfield performance? My entire point is that superior atheletes who fail to make commonplace plays should be held accountable for their inability to adjust. It is not our coaches or our FO's fault that our FAs have not lived up to expectations. The liability and culpability lies within the athelete. Those who market themselves as the answer or the addition need to achieve beyond their inital contribution. That is what the ***********god****mothe***ing paycheck brings them. We didnt bring 40 here to be a superbowl winner, we brought him here to be a piece of a puzzle. Personally, five million pays me more than Sherlock Holmes

BatmanRobin1966.jpg

Holy wall of text, Batman!

Archived