Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plunge

One Shot

I've been writing songs and stuff for about 3 years now, but I've never put any of the lyrics out in the open. I figured this would be a cool place to do it. This one is one that I wrote recently. It's more on the dark and depressing side, but I've got happy ones too.:) This one was just my latest one, so I thought I'd put it out there. I had to edit it so it would sound good in writing, because in the song it's sung differently, different rhythm and feel. Now it sounds more like a poem. For all who like it and all who don't, I'd like to hear what you think, it's called The Plunge. Go easy though:D , enjoy.

It only takes a second

for a man to take the plunge

tensions running high

with one bullet in the gun

so disappear into the clear

and let the fits begin

there's only one who'll bring you back

and that's the one within

But when you're so deep in the pit,

you won't be coming back,

you'll pull the plug, and then it's done,

you've covered up your tracks

you took the plunge

statlerwaldorf270.jpg

Statler: You call that a song?!?! I've gone on profanity-laced tirades that had more imagination than that!

Waldorf: Yeah, if the music you put to it is equally riveting, I'll be able to quit my bingo night and just download your crap from www.whothe****listenstothis****.com ! HA!!!

j/k One Shot. I like it so far. It's your canvas, but if I were you, "the plunge" would mean something different in each verse. Hell, in one verse it could mean "suicide" but in another it could mean "getting married." Which really is the same thing, but you get the idea. ;)

statlerwaldorf270.jpg

Statler: You call that a song?!?! I've gone on profanity-laced tirades that had more imagination than that!

Waldorf: Yeah, if the music you put to it is equally riveting, I'll be able to quit my bingo night and just download your crap from www.whothe****listenstothis****.com ! HA!!!

j/k One Shot. I like it so far. It's your canvas, but if I were you, "the plunge" would mean something different in each verse. Hell, in one verse it could mean "suicide" but in another it could mean "getting married." Which really is the same thing, but you get the idea. ;)

hahaha, yea i got it. The phrase itself is pretty versatile, so maybe I could gear it in a direction that lets the listeners choose for themselves.

Archived