Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nissan Skyline - VA -

InsaneBoost

The Skyline in the pictures is at least 12-15 years old. It looks pretty damn good considering. The Skyline has gone through several drastic redesigns since then. I think you're comparing this car to 2007 models and that is just not fair. Performance wise, this car is pretty much one of the fastest cars on the road in Virginia. Show some respect.

If the guy that owns that car drove up beside me at a stoplight I would laugh at him for driving such an ugly car. Point blank.

At least Butz sees things clearly. It's junk. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against foreign cars. In fact, I own one. But that car is nothing. And, again, who really cares if it can go fast or not? How often are you really going to get it up to full song in this country without forfeiting your license? If its so fast then put in on a hauler and see what it can do vs the boys in Bristol this weekend.

It's also atleast 13 years old. The early 90s and late 80s didn't exactly produce the prettiest looking cars... but all things considered...

wills_nissan_skyline_r32_text_1.jpg

The R32 could do much worse. ;)

The Skyline in the pictures is at least 12-15 years old. It looks pretty damn good considering. The Skyline has gone through several drastic redesigns since then. I think you're comparing this car to 2007 models and that is just not fair. Performance wise, this car is pretty much one of the fastest cars on the road in Virginia. Show some respect.

Respect? its a dam car, it doesnt have feelings or anything , unless herbie got a

body transplant :silly:

I can bet you $100 plus you would give it a second glance because

a) you have probably never seen one in person or on the highway / road

and

B) because it isn't normal looking with the cars on the road today.

Of course we are not in Germany, but have you forgotten about the Mid-West?

They have miles and miles of straight aways for top end runs.

Seriously, if I saw that thing on the road I would think its some idiot teenager driving a piece of crap, thinking he's somebody. Like the other poster said, that car looks like someone took an old Honda and tried to spice it up and it ended up looking ridiculous. As for B), do you live in the midwest? If not, that car is pretty much useless.

Seriously, if I saw that thing on the road I would think its some idiot teenager driving a piece of crap, thinking he's somebody. Like the other poster said, that car looks like someone took an old Honda and tried to spice it up and it ended up looking ridiculous. As for B), do you live in the midwest? If not, that car is pretty much useless.

Dare I ask... what do you drive?

Yeah, I have found that out :laugh:

You wouldn't give $500, you must be crazy. You could turn around and sell it for $60,000.

Hell, if I didn't like the car (such as yourself) , but knew I could make that much money, i'd buy it to re-sell it.

$60,000, for THAT car?! SURELY you're kidding!! It may have a ton of money invested in it (which is stupid) but there's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would give that much for that car. You're nuts if you think that.

What cars are running at Bristol?

Pure drag cars, or what?

I've gone down there and have won dyno contest left and right against the morons that show up there.

Please say it is a domestic weekend, I know a friend of mine who would love to race some:silly:

Nah, man, I was talking about putting it up against the big boys in Nascar. They are in Bristol this weekend. I was being sarcastic. But I didn't know they raced cars like that at or around Bristol, though.

$60,000, for THAT car?! SURELY you're kidding!! It may have a ton of money invested in it (which is stupid) but there's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would give that much for that car. You're nuts if you think that.

Oh I am dead serious, and I am talking bone stock Skylines. That year would easily go for about $40,000, but now that you can no longer import them in the US due to MotoRex (company who use to import and leaglize them) was shut down, nobody else does it. Which means the oldest ones, and newest ones, are the only ones that will be in the U.S. untill the new one is released here, but that one will never compare to the older versions.

Kind of like the newer camaros and mustangs don't compare to the older ones.

Nah, man, I was talking about putting it up against the big boys in Nascar. They are in Bristol this weekend. I was being sarcastic. But I didn't know they raced cars like that at or around Bristol, though.

I was talking about the drag strip, but yeah, Bristol has a strip, they aren't in the same location however, I think they're both a little bit down the road from eachother, I haven't been there for a couple of years now.

According to Skins247, he would drive a car with 2 horsepower as long as it looked like a Ferrari. Good luck getting out of the driveway with your piece of crap. You continue to show absolutely no intelligence when it comes to GOOD or HISTORIC cars like the Skyline. Just the fact that you have never heard of it and believe that attractiveness makes a good car tells me all I need to know.

According to Skins247, he would drive a car with 2 horsepower as long as it looked like a Ferrari. Good luck getting out of the driveway with your piece of crap. You continue to show absolutely no intelligence when it comes to GOOD or HISTORIC cars like the Skyline. Just the fact that you have never heard of it tells me all I need to know.

Well, this thread settles it... we now know for sure that his inability to demonstrate basic social skills on a message board is exceeded only by his ignorance.

And, seriously Skins247, learn to use multi-quote :doh:

According to Skins247, he would drive a car with 2 horsepower as long as it looked like a Ferrari. Good luck getting out of the driveway with your piece of crap. You continue to show absolutely no intelligence when it comes to GOOD or HISTORIC cars like the Skyline. Just the fact that you have never heard of it and believe that attractiveness makes a good car tells me all I need to know.

Don't put words in my mouth. Show me where I ever said I would drive a car with 2 horsepower (which is ridiculous) And I never said looks were the end all. I was simply saying that car looks like a piece of crap. So no matter what it has under the hood it's still a piece of crap. I like cars with a combination of HP and looks. That car only has one.

Well, this thread settles it... we now know for sure that his inability to demonstrate basic social skills on a message board is exceeded only by his ignorance.

And, seriously Skins247, learn to use multi-quote :doh:

I'm actually a very nice guy, Enter. I just think people take me the wrong way. I don't mince words. If I don't like something I have no problem speaking up. I'm not fake. And one of the mods told me already to use the multi-quote feature. When I tried doing what he said it didn't work for me. Either he didn't explain it clear enough or I did something wrong. I'm not sure. But im not doing it on purpose. I really don't understand how to go about doing it. I'm new to this message board thingy.

I'm actually a very nice guy, Enter. I just think people take me the wrong way. I don't mince words. If I don't like something I have no problem speaking up. I'm not fake. And one of the mods told me already to use the multi-quote feature. When I tried doing what he said it didn't work for me. Either he didn't explain it clear enough or I did something wrong. I'm not sure. But im not doing it on purpose. I really don't understand how to go about doing it. I'm new to this message board thingy.

Ill let you know what I do.

i) click quote on the first person you want to quote

ii) type your message

iii) copy everything.

iv) scroll to the next person you want to quote and click quote

v) click enter above the quote of the second person a couple time, so there is a fair amount of space

vi) paste

vii) now respond to the second quote, and click post.

Maybe im doing it wrong, but it works for me :laugh:

Don't put words in my mouth. Show me where I ever said I would drive a car with 2 horsepower (which is ridiculous) And I never said looks were the end all. I was simply saying that car looks like a piece of crap. So no matter what it has under the hood it's still a piece of crap. I like cars with a combination of HP and looks. That car only has one.

Someone that puts such little stock in a car's performance is completely perplexing. Automobiles are equal parts styling and performance IMO. You seem to be COMPLETELY discounting this car's performance in light of its supposed "ugliness". A term that I am sure you will find plenty of detractors of.

To make a long story short, just because you don't think the car is attractive in no means qualifies it as a "piece of crap". I also don't think you realize that this car is at least 15 years old. Get some sense.

Someone that puts such little stock in a car's performance is completely perplexing. Automobiles are equal parts styling and performance IMO. You seem to be COMPLETELY discounting this car's performance in light of its supposed "ugliness". A term that I am sure you will find plenty of detractors of.

To make a long story short, just because you don't think the car is attractive in no means qualifies it as a "piece of crap". I also don't think you realize that this car is at least 15 years old. Get some sense.

It's a piece of crap, to ME. How's that?

It's a piece of crap, to ME. How's that?

:laugh: That is seriously all I wanted to hear. Thanks for clarifying.:applause:

all about opinion. I love the car

It looks like a mean SOB to me... Plus, it has that balls to back it up. I just don't think these people appreciate the history of this car.

The Skyline is a car which only looks good if you're under 25. Inside is tacky to say the least...they put a G-force digital thing to show how many lateral g-forces your pulling. :laugh: Talk about tack. It's all plasticy inside too...that car in Britain is selling for next to nothing, nobody wants it.

Also, what's the point of souping a car up to 1000 hp when you can't use it? Pity the chasis, suspension, wheels, tyres, transmission, brakes were only built for sub 400 hp. Are you going to upgrade/soup up that too? Otherwise that car is going to drive really badly...and will just fall too pieces i.e. eternally fixing/working on it...but I suppose for some people it's a hobby.

Nissan also doesn;y have much of a racing pedigree, you'll note.

Though I respect anyone's taste in cars...if I think back at what I was lusting after when I was 19 or 20 I cringe at the thought. :D

p.s I forgot to mention...your not going to get the most out of 1000 hp if something is shaped like a brick...and...I've been inside that car and the handles, switches and basically all the parts come out of a Nissan Prairie family car....because think about it...how many sports cars do Nissan make? Not many..hence no sporting division like BMW (M power) to make custom sports items for it's models. :cheers:

p.p.s Nismo doesn't count

Archived