Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Profootball talk, Skins Draft Needs, new

Skinsinparadise

I think we will get ripped off by the Broncos again.

1st, 3rd, 5th and Bly for #6

okay lets assume this deal is on the table. I'd think we'd have to get rid of a dback that we have springs perhaps? trade him and our 5th to move into the 4th round maybe.

We "wanted to sign" Leonard Davis? Like hell. The only thing we wanted to do was drive up his price.

That's a fan created myth that we wanted to drive up the asking price. It's a load of BS made up by our fans wishing to rationalize why we didn't land him.

We really, really wanted to land him. We lost Dock, and we missed out on Dielman and Steinbach. Davis was the best guard still on the market and we needed one badly. But we didn't have the money to get Davis in here, so we lost out on him.

Only time will tell whether that was a blessing in disguise or whether it was a screw up that compounded the screwup of letting Dock walk.

Right now we have a giant hole on the line that you can fly Redskins One through. It is a giant reach to think Wade will fit there, but if he does, then we have dodged a major, major bullet. A line is as weak as its weakest link. 4 good lineman and a loser = a loser line.

• 2 weeks later...

i love reading the message board and seeing how everybody takes something like this personally. At least it reads that way and they respond back with personal attacks.

and i personally think that every team should be drafting a qb every couple of seasons and developing them, because injuries happen.

excuse me, but when was the last time we took an impact offensive player in the draft. We would have to go back to the Norvall years when they drafted two impact offensive players in Shuler and Westbrook. How did that turn out? Oh, Gibbs also tried this when he drafted Desmond Howard. So, where is PFT getting their sources......they are just making them up. Do real research and then maybe you'll get the credibility....until then.

Since 2000 this is whom the Redskins have taken in the first round

2000 Arrington and Samuel's

2001 Rod Gardner

2002 Ramsey

2003 #1 Traded to the Jets for Coles

2004 Sean Taylor

2005 Rogers and Campbell

2006 unknown

So PFT, is unfounded when they think that Dan Snyder is going to go after an impact offensive player. This won't happen as we are most likely to go after a defensive lineman as this position is by far the deepest in this draft.

Just because you are judging it about impact, doesn't mean they haven't tried. I count four picks being spent on offensive skill positions, if you consider the #1 in 2003 being Coles. Moreover, the first "real" pick in 2003 (Rd 2) was spent on Taylor Jacobs. Then again, I would hate to bring reality into the picture.

I went to the Ravens/Redskins scrimage last year, and I enjoyed watching Bramlet every minuete he was in. I thought he made many good tosses as well as seeming to have a decient understanding of the offence. I don't think we have any need at QB. Certainly not in the first round, and very unlickly in this draft. First round WHO KNOWS after that DL and OL.

Archived