Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Critcism!

dbtimsah

Wes Welker is a damn good football player.They faced him twice a year so they know what he can do.He's essentialy there to replace Troy Brown another damn good football player who is getting too old.The guy caught 67 balls last year and is great on special teams.

With all due repect Mr. Art, I understand your point and its a valid arguement. The difference is, they win consistently and we do not. If we ever, I mean EVER, start winning on a consistent basis their arguement goes out the window. Then and only then will they, the media, be forced to find a new way to bash the Redskins.

I will have to say this - they have de-throned us as the Champ of the off-season. :doh:

It looks good on paper, but so has our previous off-seasons - don't hand them the SB crown just yet. They are just one Tom Brady injury away from the middle of the pack.

:helmet: The Rook

]']Actually' date=' you're wrong.

Last offseason, everyone was on our nuts. Those key additions would bring us glory. People genuinely believed that.

Same thing should hold true for the Pats and Niners.[/quote']

The 49ers are the other team that really seems to be getting load for this upcoming year. They have a great group of young players...

Wow... All of the immediate and incessant whining over my " Browns to the Superbowl " thread has somehow actually paid off for the countless " how dare you start a new thread " and the " I cant believe the Mods let you talk about poop "cry-babies around here... Unbelieveable.

It was a very legit thread. Not sure where in the rules it says that " Any and all humor will not be tolerated here at ES!!! "

Jeez... Lighten up guys.

If prioleau, marshall, marcus, salavea, springs, portis, didnt get hurt last year with what our offense did last year(campbell) they would stiil be on our nutts. This year for what Flecther can offer, we should be back on track. If not back on track, not the 31st worst.

I see the Skins make their splash in April. I believe they have at least 2 pending trades that can happen and then trade draft picks for Jarred Allen and Lance Briggs. 1st trade AA to Bears for Draft Pick or rights to Briggs. 2nd Trade 6st pick to Buff,Packers or Texans and get back 1,2 and 4. then trade 2 and4 for Allen. They can still release Patten,Wynn, and 1 more person and save adittional 6 million.:eaglesuck

I think the Patriots are in a panic mode. They won the SB 3 out of 4 years with good drafts, modest signings and castoffs. They found the right players to fit the system. Not Banta-Cain left, Graham left, their LB's are old and their secondary is paper thin especially at safety.

Now, they had to franchise their best corner, overpay (by their standards) for a 3-4 LB and gave away a 2nd and 7th for a punt returner. I mean, if we gave away our 2nd rounder for a punt returner, we'd be toast.

The biggest factor of all is, they haven't won the SB in 2 years, and I feel that their window is closing and they know it. They have never spent like this before and now all of the sudden Craft is acting like Snyder. Think about it.

I have been drawing comparison between the Patriots spending habits of years past and this season. Why did they suddenly overhaul on their receiving corps.? What happened with "The Big-Eyed Snooge?" (Forgive me, I can not remember his name, but he is best known for the dropped catch in the end-zone against the Colts.)

You may be onto something here!

Last offseason, everyone was on our nuts. Those key additions would bring us glory. People genuinely believed that.

Well said. People around here tend to forget that during the offseason the Redskins were praised and being held up as a SuperBowl contender. It wasn't until the media, along with the rest of us, realzied that our offseason pickups were busts and the team was running on life support to begin the preseason, that they pointed their fingers at us about spending too much.

why is it that big of a deal? So they arent bashing New England for paying a lot of money for a proven WR when that was their biggest pressing need over the last year or so....? hmm....who woulda thought they wouldnt say the same thing about us when we over payed a player who played for a team that hadnt had a winning season in over 5 years....lets see where the resemblence is...not to mention that New England has 3 superbowl rings in the last 5 years and we havent had 1 in 16 now.....huh....who woulda thought

After all the criticism of the skins (I've had my share), why does it seem like as soon as the Skins start calming down this offseason, other teams are reving up? Look at the Patriots, they are paying top dollar for Pilly's injury-prone Stallworth. If this was the Skins, we wouldn't hear the end of it!

-Bryan

You may be right, but the Pats have a history of winning latley, we don't. We weren't critized for Deion, Bruce, Mark Carrier, until AFTER we bombed that season. We were preseason favorites.

Well, the difference is NE is spending all that money, but they have 3 SB wins in the last 10 years. The Redskins spend all that money, and have nothing to show for it. Hence, why smack is talked on the skins. If the Redskins had one SB win in the last decade, there wouldn't be this criticism.

couldnt have said it better myself

good points. it's also because the Pats have some star players who came through the draft (brady, seymour, etc.).

Funny thing is, over all the years, our drafts have been overlooked since we essentially, in my opinion, used FA as our Draft. That being said, we are building up our core with solid rookies at the skill positions, and heck, if the Saints could have done what they did last season, no reason why we can't get back in the saddle...

Saw this article that backs up the same thing I've been saying about the Skins' drating abilities...

Draft review...

Anyway, I look at the upcoming draft and season with a whole lot of Promise for this club...

the difference between that and us is that after all those additions we were left with basically no draft picks to continue building on our foundation. this year the pats gained all those fa's and still have two draft picks in the first round! as well as all their other picks. so i dont see the patriots franchise going up in flames anytime soon.

I have been drawing comparison between the Patriots spending habits of years past and this season. Why did they suddenly overhaul on their receiving corps.? What happened with "The Big-Eyed Snooge?" (Forgive me, I can not remember his name, but he is best known for the dropped catch in the end-zone against the Colts.)

You may be onto something here!

Reche Caldwell. Ole Bug eyes.

Archived