Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hats

E-Dog Night

I spend so much time telling students to remove their hats that I get twitchy at the mall.

The same thing is true of gum.

I'm scarred for life, but at least John F. Kennedy made things easier for me.

You're one of those teachers. haha. I don't understand, what's the point? Do hats really interfere with anything, especially if they're not in the least bit distracting.

I remember my philosophy teacher telling us about a kid who always wore a hat, it was part of him. One teacher told him to take it off, and he kindly refused, because the kid honestly, never took off his hat. The teacher ended up getting that kid suspended... just because of a stupid hat. My philosophy teacher never told anyone they had to remove their hats, and as far I know the excellent conduct of the class wasn't hindered a bit.

Gum too... it's just not that big of a deal

You're one of those teachers. haha. I don't understand, what's the point? Do hats really interfere with anything, especially if they're not in the least bit distracting.

I'm not a teacher, but I can see how it would be a distraction, at least for the teacher. If I ever did teach, I'd want hats off. I guess it goes back to some antiquated thing about always removing your hat when greeting someone/for a lady. I don't really know why I wouldn't want them in a classroom setting, but I just wouldn't.

I remember my philosophy teacher telling us about a kid who always wore a hat, it was part of him. One teacher told him to take it off, and he kindly refused, because the kid honestly, never took off his hat. The teacher ended up getting that kid suspended... just because of a stupid hat. My philosophy teacher never told anyone they had to remove their hats, and as far I know the excellent conduct of the class wasn't hindered a bit.

Gum too... it's just not that big of a deal

Something you don't understand at your age...let me explain. Because, yes, a baseball hat isn't distracting, you're right there. But if a baseball hat is allowed, then someone wearing a 10 litre stetson or a 3 foot tall hat, which are distracting, cannot be refused either. It's setting a precedence. Same with gum. If chewing gum is allowed, then why not tobacco? And tobacco stains are annoying. :cheers:

Something you don't understand at your age...let me explain. Because, yes, a baseball hat isn't distracting, you're right there. But if a baseball hat is allowed, then someone wearing a 10 litre stetson or a 3 foot tall hat, which are distracting, cannot be refused either. It's setting a precedence. Same with gum. If chewing gum is allowed, then why not tobacco? And tobacco stains are annoying. :cheers:

:laugh: :laugh: then why not ban people with 2 foot high afros? those things are annoying when they sit infront of you at the movies blocking your view :laugh:

i've had a very small amount of teachers ban hats from their classroom. they've never banned any 3-foot tall hats, sorry. i don't know where you're from, but no one in any of the classes i've ever been in has ever worn any terribly distracting hat just because hats are allowed. We, stupid teenagers are not that mindless. and banning gum has also never stopped people from chewing it... or chewing tobacco. you say it like it's a ridiculous idea. most of our school's baseball teams chews tobacco if not in class, between every class and at lunch. yes, gross. but having or not having the go-ahead does not determine the action.

Archived