Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamal Lewis to Browns

elkabong82

They just announced on ESPN News that Jamal Lewis has apparently agrred to terms with the Cleveland Browns.

This is very interesting, because the Browns might take Calvin Johnson with their pick, or Quinn, or Branch. Peterson could still be an option, but probably not. The Skins need to trade out of 6, because the Texans won't have to trade up if they are looking to land Peterson.

If they go Quinn, they'll make nice strides in building an offense this year. - They've signed a couple O-linemen, got another RB to go with Droughns and get a franchise QB, things could be looking up for them.

They could still get a decent WR in the top of the 2nd round.

I wouldn't rule out the Browns picking up Joe Thomas. The offensive line still needs alot of work and they already have Frye, whom they like, on the roster as well as another young qb Derek Anderson, who got a start or two at the end of last year.

I've been thinking for a while that they're going after Calvin Johnson.

Could be, but for a defensively challenged team to spend first rounders on Winslow, Edwards, and then Jackson is an interesting strategy. Then again if they just outscore everyone I guess it works just fine.;)

Plus they have the big lineman signing from last year coming back from his injury, in Bentley.

Where did you hear that? Latest I read was the Bentley's surgery didn't go well... he got a staph infection and he's likely to miss the entire 2007 season; ad it might be career ending.

Plus they have the big lineman signing from last year coming back from his injury, in Bentley.

Bentley is going to have more surgery, and will likely miss all of next season. It is even being said his injury and subsequent surgeries could be career ending.

Where did you hear that? Latest I read was the Bentley's surgery didn't go well... he got a staph infection and he's likely to miss the entire 2007 season; ad it might be career ending.

Ah...ok.......my bad.

I didn't hear that then. I thought he was just out all of last year, but haven't been paying the closest attention to the Browns.

What a terrible outcome for a guy who never got to play for them, man.

I've been thinking for a while that they're going after Calvin Johnson.

I think they want Alan Branch to come in and play the nose...but if Joe Thomas is there, he'll get major consideration. While I don't rule out Calvin Johnson, it's unlikely. Over the past 3 drafts they've used 2 out of those 3 picks on pass catchers. Braylon Edwards was 3rd overall and They took Kellen Winslow in 04 after swapping picks with Detroit just to get him.

The Browns again delay the inevitable. They're going to need a long-term solution at running back to compete in the AFC North. A lateral move in their running game unless they use a first day pick on a running back.

Jamal Lewis is not the answer for them at this point.

The Browns again delay the inevitable. They're going to need a long-term solution at running back to compete in the AFC North. A lateral move in their running game unless they use a first day pick on a running back.

the problem is, Romeo Crennell has to win now. his job is on the line and so is Phil Savage's. i don't know that they can depend on a rookie RB to turn them around quickly. That's why I also think that they will steer clear of brady quinn. Expect them to take the sure thing with Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas if he falls, or even Alan Branch to step in at nose tackle.

Droughns and Lewis.... what a wierd combination.

the problem is, Romeo Crennell has to win now. his job is on the line and so is Phil Savage's. i don't know that they can depend on a rookie RB to turn them around quickly. That's why I also think that they will steer clear of brady quinn. Expect them to take the sure thing with Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas if he falls, or even Alan Branch to step in at nose tackle.

With their personnel, I don't know how realistic it is for them to win now. They're quarterback situation is as shaky as any in the NFL and it's going to be hard to improve upon it with a running game that is going to struggle to average 3.5 yards per carry. I guess Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas would help them win now, but as far as I am concerned this team is not close, especially considering their division.

Archived