Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falc & Texans jocking for #3 overall....

RWJ

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/falcons-and-texans-jockeying-for-browns.html

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.

anybody after the skins pick?

Hard to speculate at the moment. Right now the hot offensive prospects are Johnson and Peterson. I think people are writing Russell off as the Raiders #1 pick and teams are evaluating Quinn's workout at this time.

I don't think the Raiders will pick Jamarcus Russel. First, Davis ever since the Marinovich fiasco, he hasn't been one for drafting a QB in the first round or atleast high in the first round. I see him taking Calvin Johnson over Russel, but I think he should draft Russel as he fits his style of play.

Even better yet, they should work a trade with the Falcons to get Matt Schaub in exchange for the #1 overall pick. This should make both teams happy.

anybody after the skins pick?

With Houston keeping Carr, Miami letting Harrington go and Minnesota with Tavaris Jackson, it would seem the prime candidates for our pick may be Miami and Minnesota to move up for the rights to Brady Quinn. I'd take any trade with either of those teams to move up. And Miami just received an extra #2 from New England so they have multiple picks.

Anyone else remember any of the NFC east teams ever trading with each other? Real odd that Miami would make a trade with a division rival.

With Houston keeping Carr, Miami letting Harrington go and Minnesota with Tavaris Jackson, it would seem the prime candidates for our pick may be Miami and Minnesota to move up for the rights to Brady Quinn. I'd take any trade with either of those teams to move up. And Miami just received an extra #2 from New England so they have multiple picks.

Anyone else remember any of the NFC east teams ever trading with each other? Real odd that Miami would make a trade with a division rival.

The Miami/NE trade was for an RFA with a poison pill added to the offer sheet, so it wasnt really a trade, per se.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/falcons-and-texans-jockeying-for-browns.html

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.

wow Texans going for a RB?

only after 1 year of not going after either Reggie Bush or Vince Young, the Texans are shopping for a QB (plummer) and a RB (peterson).... and lets not even mention that they didnt draft a UT alumni in Young and now they are thinking about drafting a Oklahoma alumni Peterson...

Talk about foolish..

Archived