Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe this is who we need at OG

RWJ

This fella is being courted to a few teams. Petitgout is being looked to be his replacement. He is young and might be worth bringing in.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6504

#79 Sean Mahan | OG Tampa Bay

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 65 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Mahan has adequate size to play offensive guard, very good foot quickness and good running ability. Movement is more his game than power. He has a great first step and takes good angles to his blocks. When he has an angle block, he shows that he can get movement on the line of scrimmage. He shows that he is capable of pulling to lead the toss play and does a good job of finding a moving target. In pass protection, he can mirror and slide with a defender and can reset his feet to adjust to a speed rusher. He plays with a good knee bend as opposed to bending at the waist and he has very good lateral movement. He gets off the ball with very good quickness and he can get to the second level. However, he tends to narrow his base and has difficulty sustaining blocks on a moving target. He lacks the bulk and strength to be able to knock people off the ball on a consistent basis and a strong bull rush will knock him back into the pocket. He plays with good intelligence, does a good job of recognizing the blitz, and excels in passing off and picking up line stunts and twists in the middle. Overall, he excels at the technique and movement phases of the game but needs to improve his strength and bulk so he can be more dominant at the point of attack.

visiting the browns, they are trying to sign him, probably because they never got to take a run at dielman.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1173173916293060.xml&coll=2

Mahan is scheduled to visit the Seahawks today if the Browns don't sign him, but they're expected to make a strong push. He would be paired with guard Eric Steinbach, who signed a seven-year, $49.5 million deal on Friday.

Again, he is going to go for around 49 million, which he does not deserve. Doc, deserved that money way more than Mahan.

I'm defenitly concerened about the LG postition. I'm probably one of the probonents of the importancies of that postition, but I don't think that we should be looking to pay out that kind of money.

I'm thinking the best bet is to go to the draft, not what I wanted us to have to do, but have to do none the less.

If this guys get 49 mill, I'm going to dust off the helmet and offer up my services.:laugh: :laugh:

I would like to give this guy a look casue I think we could bulk him up a bit and work on the power side of his game. I'm not willing to give him a some huge amount of money to be an ok LG for us.

As some of you have said, I think the stop gap will be LP.

If this guys get 49 mill, I'm going to dust off the helmet and offer up my services.:laugh: :laugh:

I would like to give this guy a look casue I think we could bulk him up a bit and work on the power side of his game. I'm not willing to give him a some huge amount of money to be an ok LG for us.

Haha funny:point2sky

haha, I like this idea...tell Danny Boy to ink me in on one of those huge deals with the big time bonus, I could plug that left side for as long as it would take the defender to run me over.

I got this sick feeling we will give up a first or second round next year for a 2 or 3 rd pick this year to grab guard

I hope I am wrong

I think it is extremely likely we will trade next years 2nd to move into the 3rd and grab a guard if we are unable to trade down.

And why do you hope you're wrong? We traded our 2nd a year in advance to hop into the 3rd round to grab Chris Cooley, that worked out okay. Bobby Beathard used to make trades like that all the time. They rarely had a 1st round pick in Gibbs first time around. And every first round pick they made was a bust other than Monk(Gibbs wasn't there yet, but still Beathard) and Darrell Green.

If there's a guy you want that's there this year, you do what you can to get him. This team is focused on winning now and that's going to be their approach.

Archived