Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot, Fletcher Contract Details (UnOfficial)

D-Day

I did the search function (errored) and scanned the first few pages. I am surprised this info has not been brought over. This is from the insider that PCinOZ uses to clarify contract info. He works for the skins and has access to the contracts.

Here is the highlights of the thread.

AdamJT13

Smoot's deal is for $21 million, including a $7 million signing bonus. His 2008 salary ($950,000) is guaranteed.

Cap numbers -- $2.1 million, $2.45 million, $4.15 million, $5.4 million and $6.9 million.

PC's response on what he thinks of the Smoot contract and if he will be extended.

Lets see how he plays in 07 and 08 first, that'll tell the story of how long the Smooter stays here.

In this market what is essentially is a three year, $11.5m deal is very good.

AdamJT13 when asked about Fletchers contract.

Of course I would. I thought his numbers had been reported -- $25 million, including a $10.5 million signing bonus. Cap numbers -- $3.01 million, $3.44 million, $4.35 million, $7.1 million and $7.1 million.

AdamJT13 when asked about workout bonuses and roster bonuses

They both have $100,000 workout bonuses each season. Smoot has a $500,000 roster bonus in March 2011.

Take it for what it is worth to you, just the most comprehensive info on the contracts to date.

Also from Adam for anyone interested here is Leonard Davis' Cap numbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 -- $3.667 million

2008 -- $4.417 million

2009 -- $7.917 million

2010 -- $7.667 million

2011 -- $8.667 million

2012 -- $9.667 million

2013 -- $7.600 million

In year four (after three seasons on the team), it would cost only $333,333 more to cut him than to keep him (and that's not taking into account a June 2 move that would save cap room for that season).

In year five, we would save $3.33 million by cutting him (again, still not taking into account June 2).

Also from Adam for anyone interested here is Leonard Davis' Cap numbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 -- $3.667 million

2008 -- $4.417 million

2009 -- $7.917 million

2010 -- $7.667 million

2011 -- $8.667 million

2012 -- $9.667 million

2013 -- $7.600 million

Originally Posted by AdamJT13

In year four (after three seasons on the team), it would cost only $333,333 more to cut him than to keep him (and that's not taking into account a June 2 move that would save cap room for that season).

In year five, we would save $3.33 million by cutting him (again, still not taking into account June 2).

Already looking for a way out? :laugh:

AdamJT13 is a COWBOYS Fan. Diehard at that. Certainly he doesnt work for the Redskins.

Thank you for clarifying that. I almost threw up when someone suggested I worked for the Skins. No, I do not.

And those contract details are official.

Thank you for clarifying that. I almost threw up when someone suggested I worked for the Skins. No, I do not.

And those contract details are official.

:laugh:

Hater. haha.

Smoot's numbers look a little funny to me as far as cap numbers, but I dont doubt that you have done your research.

OT- But when are you going to making your annual Comp Pick post ?

AdamJT13 when asked about Fletchers contract.

Of course I would. I thought his numbers had been reported -- $25 million, including a $10.5 million signing bonus. Cap numbers -- $3.01 million, $3.44 million, $4.35 million, $7.1 million and $7.1 million.

I don't know about the other stuff you posted, but Fletcher gets $13M in the first 2 seasons with the skins and $15 million over the first 3 years. So, the skins are more likely paying something like $6M, $7M, $2M, $5M, $5M.

I don't know about the other stuff you posted, but Fletcher gets $13M in the first 2 seasons with the skins and $15 million over the first 3 years. So, the skins are more likely paying something like $6M, $7M, $2M, $5M, $5M.

:doh:

13M means INCLUDING signing bonus.

Why not if he is still proucing at a high level then, he would be worth it.

It probably isn't likely that he's going to be performing THAT well at 34. If he is, then there may be a restructure at that point.

But, it looks like we are pretty good for 3 years for him, capwise.

Jason

Archived