Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Anticipate Us Adding any WR/TE??

WizSkinsO's

Some have tossed around the idea of signing another catching TE because having Fauria as only a blocker clearly didn't work last year. Ben Watson and some other good ones, I believe, are still available. As much as we all love Randle El, he's more of a #3 receiver and great trick play option. Brandon Lloyd, well, we have no idea what to expect out of him. He certainly did nothing to assure us that he'd be the great #2 opposite Santana Moss.

The team said they were focusing much more on defense this offseason, as they should. We've already added Fletcher and Smoot, could sign Fisher, should draft a D-lineman...Now, obviously, offense is a concern in that we need to replace D-Dock.

My question to you all is this: Do you see us going out and getting another pass-catching option? Who? Any potential draft picks where we can nab a solid receiver? Trade options? Are we the darkhorse signing destination for any potential big-name receivers?

What additions do you forsee on the offensive side of the ball?

Thanks for your input.

In order to provide protection and have depth, the redskins must address the needs of TE and FB. I dunno if we can afford to lose Mike Sellers in case he gets injured. We also need to get a blocking TE to have cooley do his thing in the open field

Pucillo played great as a blocking H-back/TE... Although, he isn't the best option, he's servicable and plays hard. While I don't think we have a shot at this, nor do I think this is the move the 'skins will make. Greg Olsen of "The U" will be great... Has awesome hands, 254 lbs and runs in the 4.5s...

Yea with the Combine Olsen had he'll probably go mid 1st round now....and thus the streak of Miami players being drafted in the 1st round will continue :D

Greg Olsen of "The U" will be great... Has awesome hands, 254 lbs and runs in the 4.5s...

Olsen is at best a 2nd round pick. We currently don't have a 2nd round pick and even if the Skins get one via a trade, a receiving TE is about as likely as a QB or a RB in that position.

We WONT be adding a WR, that much I can tell you.

Are we sure that's the right decision, though? Who's our #4 receiver, Thrash? Are we sure Lloyd can be a legitimate threat? Do we have enough star-power with just Moss being the great one?

Any chance we take a WR and hope we get lucky like Colston in the late rounds?

Guys remember when we use to think our defense was so great it didnt warrant adding anyone. We even thought we could subtract players and still be great. Every year we need to add a player or two. We always focus on building up one side of the ball while the other gets worse.

I want us to look at Justin Gage WR Bears.

Dude is 6-4 212 pounds, we need a posession receiver to win the jump balls in the Endzone. He can be it and our 4th wr.

Shouldn't be that expensive and if we do cut patten (as a June 1st) it will be close to a wash on the cap.

Archived