Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now with Dockery gone............

GIBBS LIVES

We may be forced now to trade out of the 6th pick. The price for offensive guards (as average as they are) has been set. And I don't think we have the cash for it.

So we are going to have to get a guard from the draft. So we'll need more picks then what we have now.

That's too bad. Because I really wanted Branch on this team to help Griffin out. But that rumor of us dealing with the Broncos and the Jets in a 3 way deal, just may happen now.

there's a real strong possibility we could trade down just a couple spots. at #7 the Vikings cut Brad Johnson and Tavaris Jackson isn't their answer. Houston at #8 seems to move away from Carr and Miami at #9 might be giving up on Culpepper. All three might want to move up to ensure they get Brady Quinn if he's still available. I don't think any of the three (slight possibility Houston might want a DT), but I don't really think any of those three want Branch. We could trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder hopefully and get someone like Blalock from Texas.

I could be wrong, but I think we are going to stay where we are in the draft. I do not think this alters our strategy at all. We knew Dock was going to leave, and although I liked him, and respect the work he has done to become the football player he is, I think some people overvalued him a little. He was not the best fit for our offense, he will blow you off the ball going straight ahead, but he is not the best pulling guard out there. The Skins did not make much of an effort to resign him, and that should have told us something a while back.

This FA class is relatively deep with guards. Not star quality ones, but ones that can certainly step in for a year or two. Then again, some are suggesting that we already have his replacement on our roster.

We'll see, but I will be surprised if we move. I would much rather stay where we are and pick Anderson or Branch.

We may be forced now to trade out of the 6th pick. The price for offensive guards (as average as they are) has been set. And I don't think we have the cash for it.

So we are going to have to get a guard from the draft. So we'll need more picks then what we have now.

That's too bad. Because I really wanted Branch on this team to help Griffin out. But that rumor of us dealing with the Broncos and the Jets in a 3 way deal, just may happen now.

Branch will never play up to that high of a selection. Tank Tyler will be way better and can be had much later in the draft. Tank Tyler blew Branch away in reps. He did 42.

I really like Ryan Kalil and I think he would be a perfect guard for our offense, and then Center when we lose big Rabech down the road. He's the most sure thing In my honest opinion from all offensive linemen in this draft. His technique is solid, he's smart, he's mature beyond his years, he's athletic, and he's ferotiously strong. He also did 40 some odd reps of the bench press.

I could be wrong, but I think we are going to stay where we are in the draft. I do not think this alters our strategy at all. We knew Dock was going to leave, and although I liked him, and respect the work he has done to become the football player he is, I think some people overvalued him a little. He was not the best fit for our offense, he will blow you off the ball going straight ahead, but he is not the best pulling guard out there. The Skins did not make much of an effort to resign him, and that should have told us something a while back.

This FA class is relatively deep with guards. Not star quality ones, but ones that can certainly step in for a year or two. Then again, some are suggesting that we already have his replacement on our roster.

We'll see, but I will be surprised if we move. I would much rather stay where we are and pick Anderson or Branch.

Then exlain to me why they are trying to sign the big brunt stature that is Leonard Davis (6'6 365 lbs)? That guy is slower and lazier than Dockery.

And Branch at 6 is a real reach. It's all about value. He's not worth the money the 6th pick would cost, nor is he worth passing on the other great players there are that could be here for many years to come.

Then exlain to me why they are trying to sign the big brunt stature that is Leonard Davis (6'6 365 lbs)? That guy is slower and lazier than Dockery.

And Branch at 6 is a real reach. It's all about value. He's not worth the money the 6th pick would cost, nor is he worth passing on the other great players there are that could be here for many years to come.

I don't know that we have the interest in Davis that some say we do. I agree with you that he is a worse option than Dock, and will be way too expensive. There are a lot of smoke screens and BS that fly around between teams this time of year, and I really hope that we are/were not seriously considering him.

Maybe we are smart enough to drive up the price for the Cowboys, because that is ultimately where Davis is going to end up IMHO.

I personally do not want Branch at six, I want Anderson there. But I do think that Branch is going to be a very good player in this league, and not really a reach.

Again, just my opinion.

Since when does bench press determine how good a football player is? Is it that easy yet no one else knows this little secret. Come on man thinking what a guy bench presses is going to determine who is better is just silly.

Branch will never play up to that high of a selection. Tank Tyler will be way better and can be had much later in the draft. Tank Tyler blew Branch away in reps. He did 42.

I really like Ryan Kalil and I think he would be a perfect guard for our offense, and then Center when we lose big Rabech down the road. He's the most sure thing In my honest opinion from all offensive linemen in this draft. His technique is solid, he's smart, he's mature beyond his years, he's athletic, and he's ferotiously strong. He also did 40 some odd reps of the bench press.

We really don't need a 1st round center...That guy is a 1st round center. And I'm sorry, but did you just say Tank Tyler is better because he had 42 reps and Branch only had 33? Yeah that sucks, he's definitley better because he can lift the weight more times. Have you seen their body types? Alan Branch is 6'6'' 330 tank tyler is 6'2 300, Tank is a stout type guy with SHORT ARMS. And yes ask anyone, it's a lot tougher for a guy with VERY LONG ARMS like Alan Branch to lift that weight as many times as he did. Mike Mayock said he was impressed with the amount of reps Branch put up with his huge Wing-Span. Now I'm not saying Tank Tyler sucks, but I don't know if he's better than Branch, and I would say neither do you. You can't put too much on these combine drills because they don't really tell you what kind of skill the guy has.

By the way Tank Tyler ran one of the slowest 40 times at the combine, the only guys slower were some 6 foot 340 pounder from Kstate and Rich Eisen. Branch ran about 5 flat which was about 4 tenths of a second faster than Tyler. Combine numbers aren't the end all and be all, look at the on field production.

I can not say 100% guaranteed that Branch is better than Tyler I honestly don't know enough about them. I do appreciate your view on the topic, but I encourage you to please ignore the combine when evaluating D-Lineman watch what they did when they actually played.

I don't know that we have the interest in Davis that some say we do. I agree with you that he is a worse option than Dock, and will be way too expensive. There are a lot of smoke screens and BS that fly around between teams this time of year, and I really hope that we are/were not seriously considering him.

Maybe we are smart enough to drive up the price for the Cowboys, because that is ultimately where Davis is going to end up IMHO.

I personally do not want Branch at six, I want Anderson there. But I do think that Branch is going to be a very good player in this league, and not really a reach.

Again, just my opinion.

Maybe we do have interest in Davis, since apparently he is headed to Ashburn. I can't figure out exactly why, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

But again, I will be surprised if he signs anywhere but Dallas. And they can have him.

We really don't need a 1st round center...That guy is a 1st round center. And I'm sorry, but did you just say Tank Tyler is better because he had 42 reps and Branch only had 33? Yeah that sucks, he's definitley better because he can lift the weight more times. Have you seen their body types? Alan Branch is 6'6'' 330 tank tyler is 6'2 300, Tank is a stout type guy with SHORT ARMS. And yes ask anyone, it's a lot tougher for a guy with VERY LONG ARMS like Alan Branch to lift that weight as many times as he did. Mike Mayock said he was impressed with the amount of reps Branch put up with his huge Wing-Span. Now I'm not saying Tank Tyler sucks, but I don't know if he's better than Branch, and I would say neither do you. You can't put too much on these combine drills because they don't really tell you what kind of skill the guy has.

By the way Tank Tyler ran one of the slowest 40 times at the combine, the only guys slower were some 6 foot 340 pounder from Kstate and Rich Eisen. Branch ran about 5 flat which was about 4 tenths of a second faster than Tyler. Combine numbers aren't the end all and be all, look at the on field production.

I can not say 100% guaranteed that Branch is better than Tyler I honestly don't know enough about them. I do appreciate your view on the topic, but I encourage you to please ignore the combine when evaluating D-Lineman watch what they did when they actually played.

Man I wanted to write something just like that !!!! :applause: :applause:

Archived