Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Insider Rumor Central

MattFancy

smoot = FO backed into a corner and settling for what it can get.

to use a non technical term....he sucks.

For those of you who weren't watching the Fred Smoot or the Redskins last year:

Fred Smoot had one interception last year... returned for a TD. He would have tied for the player on our team with the most interceptions last year (and none of our guys took it to the house). He also had a fumble recovery. His 57 tackles would have been fourth on our team last year (tied with Marcus Washington). Smoot is as good or better than anyone we have, and he'll provide needed depth. I like this signing (if it happens). Hopefully, he'll return to form and get the 4 interceptions that he averaged the four years he was a Redskin.

If we go after Fletcher, why don't we just call up Bruce Smith while we are at it.

This is the mentality that I was hoping this ORG gets away from. I am sure there is some young stud waiting for a chance to start and save us money.

when you go to register for insider it asks you if you have espn the magazine and you type in your customer number from magazine and then you're in

Is that number written in the Magazine somewhere??

If we go after Fletcher, why don't we just call up Bruce Smith while we are at it.

This is the mentality that I was hoping this ORG gets away from. I am sure there is some young stud waiting for a chance to start and save us money.

Like? :rolleyes:

Now, I havent combed over every avaliable FA, but Fletchers looks to be BY FAR the best option for MLB out there, period. Now, if we break the bank to get him, that would be idiodic. But if we get him at a moderate pricetag, he should be a large upgrade. He knows the system, so can come right in and be comfortable. Is short but wieghts about 250 and is very compact and is powerful. He's never missed a game in his NFL carrer (3 years younger than Barrow before you go there, and I attribute his compactness to alot of it) and maybe more importantly, is a true leader on the field, something Marshall never was.

For about 4 weeks out of the year, the rest is a waste.

2 weeks around the FA period and 2 weeks around the draft.

The rest is crap.

As a former insider, I couldn't agree more. The only thing that was nice was how they compiled all the articles from around the country on the Skins, but this page does it for free:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/redskins/rumors.html

(Don't know if it's common knowledge, but I just found it)

Like? :rolleyes:

Now, I havent combed over every avaliable FA, but Fletchers looks to be BY FAR the best option for MLB out there, period. Now, if we break the bank to get him, that would be idiodic. But if we get him at a moderate pricetag, he should be a large upgrade. He knows the system, so can come right in and be comfortable. Is short but wieghts about 250 and is very compact and is powerful. He's never missed a game in his NFL carrer (3 years younger than Barrow before you go there, and I attribute his compactness to alot of it) and maybe more importantly, is a true leader on the field, something Marshall never was.

Whats up with all the :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe we can do like the other teams who need a MLB are doing, wait and see.

We are always jumping in trying to get first dibes on these players and then we over spend on them. Then all the sudden the are injury prone or lazy as hell.

We need more help with the front four defensive linemen in comparison to our LB corp.

Fletcher is worthless going against a 280+ O-lineman if he doesn't have the DTs to eat them up.

But hey what do I know??? :rolleyes:

Maybe we can do like the other teams who need a MLB are doing, wait and see.

Well, we don't have a lot of draft picks, so the draft isn't an option. Right now, there are few options and not likely to get better ones than a guy who knows the defense right now.

We need more help with the front four defensive linemen in comparison to our LB corp.

No doubt, but there isn't a lot of help out there in FA. Meanwhile, there is a lot of help in the draft. In any case, a more stout LB can work his way through those OLs.

Jason

Right now

See, thats the problem, we always act now, where as other teams wait for Cap casulties. We jump, we spend, we always lose.

In any case, a more stout LB can work his way through those OLs.

Not to compare Fletcher to the best MLBs out there such as Ray Lewis, but they are able to do what they do because they shed blocks to FBs and TEs, not O-linemen. That job is for DTs. Ray Lewis was crying like a baby until it got fixed.

I bet you Fletcher did well because he had stout butts in his face, something we have not. Our line is so week, I can name a few players who nearly have the sack numbers we had as a whole.

I dont know, but we should wait. I say it every year and come season time people agree. Then FA hits and its like all fans are in the candy store with the ORG........ :)

See, thats the problem, we always act now, where as other teams wait for Cap casulties. We jump, we spend, we always lose.

Funny, but there are teams out there who are being more aggressive than we are. Fletcher is so far the only FA we have brought in.

I'm curious where these bargian MLBs that are going to be suddenly cut by their teams later on in this year are going to come from? Likely no one who is better than Fletcher right now, especially since his learning curve will be shorter.

Or, are you saying we don't need to upgrade at MLB?

I bet you Fletcher did well because he had stout butts in his face, something we have not. Our line is so week, I can name a few players who nearly have the sack numbers we had as a whole.

Again, any of those guys available in FA right now?

Jason

For those of you who weren't watching the Fred Smoot or the Redskins last year:

Fred Smoot had one interception last year... returned for a TD. He would have tied for the player on our team with the most interceptions last year (and none of our guys took it to the house). He also had a fumble recovery. His 57 tackles would have been fourth on our team last year (tied with Marcus Washington). Smoot is as good or better than anyone we have, and he'll provide needed depth. I like this signing (if it happens). Hopefully, he'll return to form and get the 4 interceptions that he averaged the four years he was a Redskin.

Thank you for putting this in perspective. There are not a lot of corners who would be a bad pick up for us. I remember that long period this past season when we didn't get an interception.

Funny, but there are teams out there who are being more aggressive than we are. Fletcher is so far the only FA we have brought in.

I'm curious where these bargian MLBs that are going to be suddenly cut by their teams later on in this year are going to come from? Likely no one who is better than Fletcher right now, especially since his learning curve will be shorter.

Or, are you saying we don't need to upgrade at MLB?

Again, any of those guys available in FA right now?

Jason

We need alot of stuff, but we should do something diffrent this year, we should revamp the D-line.

Last year when the D-line played better, Marshall was the man, now that O-linemen are getting to the second level he sucks. Thats how it works.

We should save our money. Teams will be giving up some DTs, every year they always do.

How many teams will throw 30 million dollar bonus to a 31 year old?? We will, we have and we did. :laugh:

Who do YOU want as our starting MLB next year? Marshall?

What if he gets pushed around again all season like last year? You're not going to fill that void in this draft.

If there's a better plan, our coaching staff probably would have thought of it.

What if? He hasn't gained 20lbs to my knowledge. Nor have I read anywhere that he has improved his ability to shed blockers. :)

We need alot of stuff, but we should do something diffrent this year, we should revamp the D-line.

Last year when the D-line played better, Marshall was the man, now that O-linemen are getting to the second level he sucks. Thats how it works.

We should save our money. Teams will be giving up some DTs, every year they always do.

How many teams will throw 30 million dollar bonus to a 31 year old?? We will, we have and we did. :laugh:

I agree that if the Dline plays better, so do the LB's. However, Marshall is better suited for OLB than MLB.

BTW - I think the other people (including me) would think your argument would have more validity if you identify some of the people you think are or may be available as MLB.

:helmet: The Rook

Like others have said. You got another solution, we'd love to hear it. I don't know of any 25 year old pro bowl MLB's out in FA. And we have only 1 pick on day one of the draft. Soooooo.....um yeah.

As a former insider, I couldn't agree more. The only thing that was nice was how they compiled all the articles from around the country on the Skins, but this page does it for free:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/redskins/rumors.html

(Don't know if it's common knowledge, but I just found it)

You have to be careful also. My wife got me ESPN the Magazine, I logged in as a free insider. I had a 2 year subscription and after one year they charged out credit card $29.99 for the insider. I cancelled the subscription.

Like others have said. You got another solution, we'd love to hear it. I don't know of any 25 year old pro bowl MLB's out in FA. And we have only 1 pick on day one of the draft. Soooooo.....um yeah.

Um yeah. Lets just hope if we land him then we can afford other more pressing needs.

What if? He hasn't gained 20lbs to my knowledge. Nor have I read anywhere that he has improved his ability to shed blockers. :)

Are you talking about Marshall or Fletcher?

Just pick one:

{ } I want to stick with Marshall as our MLB

{ } We should sign XXXXX as our MLB rather than Fletcher

Who is out there that is a better option?

That's all I'm asking.

I think Greg Williams can do something with Napoleon Harris in this scheme. He is a natural MLB with size and a motor on him.

Considering Harris has done nothing in two stops so far in his career, what makes you think coming here will be any different?

Jason

Considering Harris has done nothing in two stops so far in his career, what makes you think coming here will be any different?

Jason

I asked the same question when we kept Antonio Peirce around. I also question this ORG when we moved Lemar Marshall to the middle and he did well before the defense as a whole faltered the past season.

As far as Napoleon is concerned he seems to be a consistent MLB, doesn't miss games to being injured and is still relatively young with size.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302200

Oh and more importantly will not be as expensive as the sought after guy.

I am thinking that if we don't go expensive, we can surely be more expansive ;)

Archived