Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Horn Cut (Merged)

Rufus T Firefly

Posting this in this thread not sure if anyone has posted an article in here.

Bitter Divorce Between Horn, Saints

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_SAINTS_HORN?SITE=VARIT&SECTION=SPORTS

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Saints released four-time Pro Bowl receiver Joe Horn on Thursday, saying Horn asked to be let go after the Saints asked him to take a pay cut.

"Joe really wanted to see where his value is around the league for his services," general manager Mickey Loomis said. "With as much as Joe has meant to the Saints and to New Orleans, we don't want to impede his desire to do so, and we have kept the door open for him to return to our team."

Horn, who was the most frequent spokesman for the players during their Katrina-enforced exile during the 2005 season, caught 523 passes for 7,622 yards and scored a team-record 50 touchdowns since coming to New Orleans as a free agent in 2000. He ranks second in club history in catches and yardage, and is the team's career leader in 100-yard receiving games with 27.

Paging The Spaniard...

React to It!

It is what it is. Joe Horn is the heart and soul of the Saints team, but he is no longer a #1 WR, and was still paid like one. I am dissappointed that he did not take less money and accept a #2 WR role (which is basically what he was last year when healthy anyway), but there is a chance he will still come back if he doesn't get the money he wants from another team. I hope he does. But if not, he will definitely get picked up by another team and be a big contributer for them. I wish him well.

As to arguement about Skins/Cowboys receivers, it's not even close. I hate TO as much as the next guy, but he, Glenn and Crayton had very good years.

Top 3 WR for each team:

Moss 55 catches/ 790 yds / 6 TDs

Lloyd 23 catches/ 365 yds / 0 TDs

ARE 32 catches/ 351 yds / 3 TDs

Total 110 / 1506 / 9

Boys:

TO 85 / 1180 / 13

Glenn 70 / 1047 / 6

Cray 36 / 516 / 4

Total 191 / 2743 / 23

That's not even close. Yes Brunell didn't like to throw it downfield, but the Cowboys had to endure the Statue of Liberty taking sacks, so I think it's a wash for those excuses.

In a year or two it might not be true (due to age), but at this point the Cowboys receivers are better, clearly.

Thats why I hope we get a "Decent" Oline for once. This offense could be sick!

Thats why I hope we get a "Decent" Oline for once. This offense could be sick!

Yo Newman, its already (Decent) If we bring back 4 of the 5 Lineman and add another G to take Rivera's spot....then we are in buznass...Deilman from SD would be a great fit.

This Off. is going to be flying high, I just hope more then anything we run the ball better and keep the other teams off. off the field long enough to give the D some rest, but then again i truly beleive the D will be improved with the new coaches coming in....and i have spoken to Shawne Merriman myself, and he beleives that Ware is going to have a nasty season getting to the QB....15-16 sacks fro War. Sweeet.

Ok, lets bring on training camp already

WOW he was like the heart and soul for that team last year...

more like the last 7 years.

As for no one wanting Horn, 8 teams are reportedly interested.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

The Green Bay Packers are the only team from the NFC North that has expressed interest in veteran receiver Joe Horn, who was let go by the Saints. It’s unknown if the Vikings plan to pursue Horn. Right now, there are about eight teams in the running for Horn and it looks as if he might be making a visit to Atlanta.

WOW Horn failed his physical before he was cut!

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/adamschein/2007/03/02/Horn_needs_to_pipe_down

League sources have confirmed to us that Horn failed his latest physical with the Saints. Thus, cutting him was a no brainer. In fact, the Saints did want to keep him at a lower number for this year, but Horn refused. And that's strange on 2 fronts; Horn knows he failed his physical and he told Sirius NFL Radio when he signed his extension a few years ago that he knew he would never see the back end of the deal.

Archived