Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft dream (with expected FA signings)

mikalax2

First off I think we will get a MLB (Fletcher) and CB (Clements, Smoot, Bly, or Hood) in FA/Trade.

So that being said here are my two dream scenarios for the draft

Both require trading down, but not far, anywhere between 7-20 and picking up a 2nd.

First dream - DT, Okoye in the first and DE, Spencer in the second. Both could end up being the best DL in the draft. I've read somewhere on ES that Spencer could be the sleeper pick of the draft.

Dream # 2 - DE, Carriker in first and DT, either Harrell or Pit**** in the second. I dont think they have nearly as much potential as Dream # 1 but would still be a huge upgrade over our old sorry DL.

So what do you guys think???

Cant a man dream?

I think that I would love to have LaRon Landry, but thinking in realistic skins front office terms, your scenarios are certianly acceptable, and after reading that article about how badly Gaines Adams wants to play here in D.C. I wouldn't mind staying where we are and taking him either.

My draft dream is Quinn or Russel dropping to us, allowing a trade down with Houston or Minnesota (to prevent Houston or Miami, etc. from grabbing our spot) and picking up a second. We draft Branch and use the second and next years second, to trade back in to the first and draft Carriker.

Add Fletcher, and Clements (or Smoot AND Bly) and I'll be happy with the defense.

*And sign some FA o-line depth, maybe a blocking TE or a QB in the late rounds

I think that I would love to have LaRon Landry, but thinking in realistic skins front office terms, your scenarios are certianly acceptable, and after reading that article about how badly Gaines Adams wants to play here in D.C. I wouldn't mind staying where we are and taking him either.

I think Landry will be a good if not great pro, but I feel we have toooo many other needs than a saftey. As for Adams, I have thought all along that he would be great if he had a run stuffing DE on the other side, but we have Carter, who is probably a poor mans Adams. So as much as I think Adams will also be a good pro, I think he is a bad fit here and Anderson would be the better DE choice if we stayed at #6.

My draft dream is Quinn or Russel dropping to us, allowing a trade down with Houston or Minnesota (to prevent Houston or Miami, etc. from grabbing our spot) and picking up a second. We draft Adams and use the second and next years second, to trade back in to the first and draft Carriker.

Add Fletcher, and Clements (or Smoot AND Bly) and I'll be happy with the defense.

*And sign some FA o-line depth, maybe a blocking TE or a QB in the late rounds

That would be nice, but I think I may still rather have Anderson over Adams. Also we would still have small DTs. I think we could use a young big run stuffing DT. But thats my opinion. I know i wouldnt be upset if your scenario ended up being a reality.

That would be nice, but I think I may still rather have Anderson over Adams. Also we would still have small DTs. I think we could use a young big run stuffing DT. But thats my opinion. I know i wouldnt be upset if your scenario ended up being a reality.

My bad, I meant Branch. I changed it now. It's late, brain almost on sleep mode.

I want us to draft Branch to clog up the middle, and have a strong, yet agile, Carriker on the outside. This will free up Carter often, and should seal up run blocking on the outside.

My other scenario would be if we get Bly, we could say no to Smoot, sign Kerney, and draft CB Houston instead of Carriker. We'd still get Branch (God I hope we really do draft him!). He's fast and strong, I believe a 4.32 40 and 27 reps. Could be good learning in the nickle and replacing Bly in a year.

Personally I'd rather pick up Anderson or Branch at 6. Okoye will be good in the NFL I think but if we go DT we don't need another smaller penetrating guy; Griff does that for us. What we need beside Griff is a big 2 gap space eater to eat up blockers. If we go the DE route I definitely would rather have Anderson than Carriker. That is no knock on Carriker; he is a very good DE and I think will be ok in the NFL, but I don't think he has that much upside from where he is now and he isn't as athletic as Anderson. Anderson is a freak athlete and has so much natural talent that with some NFL level technique coaching could end up being a stud in the pros. He had better stats than Carriker in a tougher division and with much less experience at the position. He came in as a WR, put on 70 + pounds and after a year in the position went on to be the SEC leader in sacks and 2nd in tackles for loss. That is impressive. I'd take Anderson first, Branch second.

I think that I would love to have LaRon Landry

OK i know the dude had a monster combine (he was the only one I saw live). But we domt need a saftey we need a pass rush. And the ONLY person in the Draft in the first round that is not on the D-line is Johnson, (talent like that you cant pass)

BTW, I like Dream 1.

My ideal combo would involve any combination of Carriker, Okoye, Spencer, and Demarcus Tyler from NC State. He dominated the bench press workout at the combine, although he ran a pretty slow 40. Either way, putting someone with that kind of size on the interior would make me really happy. Also, I have a feeling Carriker is going to be a monster. FA can't start soon enough...

OK i know the dude had a monster combine (he was the only one I saw live). But we domt need a saftey we need a pass rush. And the ONLY person in the Draft in the first round that is not on the D-line is Johnson, (talent like that you cant pass)

BTW, I like Dream 1.

Thats why 1 line past that I said "thinking in realistic front office scenarios..." and went on to say I would find both of his scenarios acceptable and I also like Adams...

Dream # 2 - DE, Carriker in first and DT, either Harrell or Pit**** in the second. I dont think they have nearly as much potential as Dream # 1 but would still be a huge upgrade over our old sorry DL.So what do you guys think???

I would prefer Tank Tyler in the second personally. He's a beast with a mean streak ala Daryl Gardender. I think Carriker and Tank with Griffin and Carter is a formidable D line.

your ideas are actually pretty reasonable, so I give you credit for that. It would be nice if it worked out the way you have planned. Even better if we only have to trade down a few spots, still get a 2nd rounder, and still have a shot at top end or tackle.

Archived