Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter

Golgo-13

The first few games it seemed like everyone was b#tching about Trotter not playing up to his potential, etc. However, I think that he has really come into his own lately. With him, Big Daddy and Gardener, we have some run stuffing like we haven't seen in a long time in Washington. Seems like we haven't seen too many of the Eagle flamers coming over and trashing us for picking him up either. So in retrospect, what do y'all think? Was he a good pickup for us, or did we overpay?

After going back and watching alot of the old Turner games in the 90's and then seeing Trotter play this year, I will always stand on the fact that I think the thing Turner did not do that would of made his life easier would of been to attack a MLB with alot of money.

Trotter was a massive pick up.

In fact, your seeing all three players in the middle having huge effects in each play. One of those three is always causing havoc somewhere on the field.

Hey Utah, didn't you ever listen to Turner "what we do works"

I liked the Trotter deal, I like our linebackers. For the first time in a long time our defense does not get the ball jameed down its throat, we are not last in the league against the run. Our defense is not as god as I expected it to be but, it is a helluva improvement then what we have had for the past few years

Trotter is an upgrade over Mitchell, there is no doubt of that. However, Mitchell was a solid player, so the question is more whether we could have used the money somewhere else MORE such as at wide receiver or on the offensive line :)

the other factor is in a 4-3 the middle linebacker is hostage to what he has in front of him. When you have a porous set of DT's even good middle linebackers can look average.

This year the Skins have probably the best set of DTs since the Gibbs era.

Gardener is playing at a pro bowl level and Wilkinson has been very steady.

So, that frees Trotter up to make plays.

I wonder how much better Mitchell would have looked with Gardener in front of him rather than Kenard Lang? :)

EVERYBODY sucked at the beginning of the year. Trotter wasn't exempt just because he signed a phat deal.

He'll be a very solid player for a number of years. Mitchell was servicable, but old.

The Norval/Derek "Who Dat" Smith era is something I've been trying to forget. Thanks, Utah. :)

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

EVERYBODY sucked at the beginning of the year. Trotter wasn't exempt just because he signed a phat deal.

He'll be a very solid player for a number of years. Mitchell was servicable, but old.

The Norval/Derek "Who Dat" Smith era is something I've been trying to forget. Thanks, Utah. :)

I agree. Trotter wasn't the only one that struggled early, the whole D struggled. Trotter has picked up his play and is playing like the big-time MLB we thought we were getting. I agree about Mitchell too, he's a pretty decent player, but Trotter is younger and more talented, bottomline.

It should be fun watching Arrington and Trotter for the next few years.

Trotter was certainly not a gaffe the way that Deion was. We probably overpaid him somewhat, but not too outrageously. The drawback to signing him as I see it is that for Marv's D to work properly, you need strong coverage skills from your safeties. At least this year, I think we would have been more successful if we'd spent our free agent dollars picking up a good safety to replace Terrell. It would make the Zone D a lot less painful for all of us.

I have this horrible sinking feeling that our FO isn't going to try hard enough to re-sign Gardener. We'll get all hung up on the value thing, and then he will feel slighted and go elsewhere. If Gardener, Jansen and Davis slip away, next year will be a nightmare!:doh:

I think Trotter was a good pickup, and in light of the Ray Lewis contract, I don't think we overpaid, although I think its fair to ask if the money could have been better spent at another position, but there were no other players with Trotter's combination of youth and accomplishments available with the possible exception of Olin Kreutz, and I think I'd rather have Trotter.

Originally posted by RTerps2002

I think it is funny how from week to week things change ....One int and he is the best thing since sliced bread

Newsflah Everyone has a different opinion, and most people do not change their opinion from week to week, so don't be a jackass.

And whats so great about sliced bread anyway?

kommisbrot.jpg

Very true Yomar.

I was the biggest Trotter supporter on this board. I was calling for the team to sign him long before the Eagles released him and at about this time last year even. No one liked the idea of signing Trotter more than I did.

But, like others, I recognized that his level of play wasn't up to his normal standards early. He's only now starting to show that former level of play. And, I'm still the president of his fan club :).

Never had issues with Trotter and I really hope that we extend Jansen then Gardener and then go ahead and then break out the 9 million dollar signing bonus for Champ.

Heck Shade may have a carer ending injury and we were saying bye bye any way so that frees up some money.

As an eagles fan I can tell you Trotter's best games came against the cowboys in Dallas.

He is a native Texan and would always come up huge. Don't be surprised to see him run one back (I think all his TD's came against dallas....at least seemed that way ..........

good luck

happy thanksgiving

Archived