Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerney or Strahan

26fan4life

Neither...we have Carter and draft someone and we will be set. Daniels/Evans and maybe Wynn are depth guys.

Carter was invisible the first half of the year but started to make an impact later on in the season.

I like the way Golston played once he got regular PT....along with Griffin I think we will be better off than what we were in '06 on our D-line if we draft a DE.......Carter, Golston, Griffin & a draftee would be fine.

I would solve our DE problem in this years draft take Anderson, let montey and golston have another crack at DT and if neither one of them can step up and contribute address DT in the 08 draft

Considering how much Kiper, Michael Smith and the other talking heads said DE was an extremely hard position to fill last year during the Williams/Bush debacle it would be best for us to try and grab a star at that position this year.

I doubt we will have a top ten pick next year so the odds at us having another crack at a DE of Adams/Anderson's caliber are slim. It's easier to find good DTs then DEs in the latter portion of the draft so if necessary let's look for DT's next year.

My ideal defense:

DE: Carter

DT: Golston/Salavea/Montgomery

DT: Griffin

DE: Anderson

OLB: Washington

MLB: Fletcher

OLB: McIntosh/Marshall

CB: Springs

CB: Rogers

Nickel: Smoot

FS: Taylor

SS: Prileou/Archuleta

I know this is a DL thread but I added Fletcher and Smoot.....thoughts

I'm guessing you want to draft DE then and have a repeat of our last game of 2006. yay! that was so much fun watching tiki destroy our interior line. If you have another DE in mind that is available in FA, let me know. drafting a DT isn't the flashiest thing in the world but it's what we need to survive in 2007.

Or how about our record for least sacks in the NFL? yeah, I'd go after a DE first, one that plays both the run and can rush the passer. I go neither as well, as I dont really like either choice. And I dont think we can fix the defense in one year, the guys that actually could help us have been either franchised/re-signed or are RFA's.

Kerney and Strahan are better then any of those players, period.

Putting a rookie DE on the line is not always a good thing, look at the #1 pick last year.

Good or not Strahan on the skins would be a Circus, the games would be about Strahan vs. Eli blah blah blah.

And yes putting a rookie on the DL is a crap shoot sometimes you win sometimes you lose, it's a risk you take but the risk for Anderson outweighs the risk for Strahan or Kerney, if you get two good years out of either of them you still have to address your DE issue at some point, why not now.

My thing is we have the 6th overall and there are two amazing DEs that could possibly be available, our other option is taking Alan Branch who's stock has been dropping. We won't have another shot at a top 10 DE anytime soon hopefully so you take your chance when you can.

Or how about our record for least sacks in the NFL? yeah, I'd go after a DE first, one that plays both the run and can rush the passer. I go neither as well, as I dont really like either choice. And I dont think we can fix the defense in one year, the guys that actually could help us have been either franchised/re-signed or are RFA's.

our pathetic amount of sacks was due to our pathetic group of DT's only requiring 2 lineman so 3 olineman were left to block our 2 DEs. Same thing will happen if we draft anderson.

Archived