Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carr for Portis

tonyriggins

" It's rumored that our GM is looking into that. I would give up Carr and a 2nd round pick for Portis in a second. I think that gives this team a great running game and time to develop maybe a young QB we can get in the late rounds. Maybe a steal? Kinda like the Pat's stole Tom Brady in the 6th round. There's that kid from UH or something. Koby something, I donno but someone could be a diamon in the rough. If this deal is serious, we need to make it. I just can't watch the Texans anymore under David Carr. I don't hate him as a person or player but I hate what he repersents. Everytime I see Carr, I see a team that has been losing from day one and the head must go first.

Thoughts on this trade? "

banned1976 Post #2: Feb 16, 12:46 pm Quote | Report Violation

Total Posts: 132

"I'd go for Carr and a 3rd rounder. "

there really must be something in the water over there. this explains why they picked mario williams over reggie bush

Those are just a bunch of morons that don't know jack about football...

I hate to say it but they are even dumber than dallas fans.

Can someone please post this thread link in that thread on ESPN so they can realize how dumb they are and that we are LMFAO at them?

THE BEST QUOTES FROM THAT THREAD

"I hate what he repersents" - What does David Carr represent? a team without an OL?

"I trust that site more than most sites because it comes directly from the writers" WTF?

"CP for DC? CP couldn't hold David's jock.. " WTF again?

"We need a playmaker running back along with Chris Taylor and Wali Lundy" - Yeah okay CP and these two shouldnt be in the same sentence let alone uniform

I heard from some dude at 31 flavors that the Texans are willing to give up Andre Johnson, Demeco Ryans, and their #8 overall pick for Clinton Portis.

I seriously doubt this would ever happen they way you have it laid out. If so though, I think Id go for that trade.

Let me get this stright...

Texans get...Portis stright up

Redskins get...WR Andre Johnson, MLB Demeco Ryans and the Texans' #8 overall pick--plus the Skins hang onto their #6 overall pick?!

I seriously doubt this would ever happen they way you have it laid out. If so though, I think Id go for that trade.

Let me get this stright...

Texans get...Portis stright up

Redskins get...WR Andre Johnson, MLB Demeco Ryans and the Texans' #8 overall pick--plus the Skins hang onto their #6 overall pick?!

If that trade was actually possible I would pack CP's bags for him - drive him to the airport and unpack his bags in the Houston Hotel and then walk back to DC. LOL

hahahahaha wow, a decent at best QB for a top 5 running back in the league. haha wow, no one in their right mind would ever do that.

First off, the "Portis is a top 5 back" statement is meaningless. There are only 2 "top" backs: LJ and LT. After that, there are a lot of good backs. At this point, Portis is just one of ten or so second tier running backs.

Second, the trade--as I understand it--is Carr and their 2nd round pick for Portis. That is a good deal in my mind. S. Alexander and E. James were on the block in the last few years, and a 2nd round pick was about the market value. So you are getting a 2nd for Portis AND a former #1 draft pick QB with good experience to come in and compete with J. Campbell. A trip out of Houston might be just what he needs. He could very well beat out J. Campbell in a qb competition. Regardless, he would be a very good backup.

The second round pick could be Brandon Merriweather at S, which would make Taylor better. Or it could be Anthony Spencer who is going to be an AWESOME linebacker in the pros. Or Buster Davis at the ILB spot. Or it could be a legit CB like Chris Houston. Or a legit #2 WR like Sidney Rice or Anthony Gonzalez. Or it could be much needed line depth/replacement for Dockery.

I'll take any of those guys and David Carr for Portis. That's a deal.

The benefits to that trade:

1. Get a good, young, cheap starter at a key spot with the 2nd round pick.

2. You get a better, young QB with experience to come in and push for the starting job.

3. Can cut Brunell and clear his cap number off the books.

4. You get out from under Portis' very large contract.

The downside to the trade:

1. You have Betts instead of Portis at RB. Which is a step down, but not as much as most people think here. You can be a contender with Betts.

Archived