Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Visting D.C. for the first time

Redfaced21

lol, you could spend several days just on The Mall. Definitely hit up the Air and Space museum.

If you want to go in the Washington Monument, you'll probably have to reserve a spot. There's a booth somewhere around there.

But since you're already there, you may as take a walk towards the Reflecting Pool. On the way you can see the WWII Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial Wall. The Lincoln Memorial is actually at the Reflecting Pool and walk a little farther down and you'll hit the Jefferson Memorial and the Tidal Basin.

As for museums, the Air and Space is pretty much everyone's favorite. There's like six different art museums around there. The Museum of Natural History is cool, if for nothing else, than for The Hope Diamond and a giant woolly mammoth in the lobby.

Don't know if the Caps are in town, but if they are, hockey games pretty much rule.

You could go cultural and see what is playing at the Kennedy Center or Wolf Trap. The National Zoo is also pretty cool, especially now that its not freezing cold. Its right by the Uptown theater, the place for movie premieres in DC. If you get a chance, go see what's playing.

There's a spy museum (can't remember where). You could also go on tours of The Treasury and FBI Headquarters.

The ESPN Zone and Hard Rock Cafe are both in DC. Both are good, but I think I prefer ESPN simply for the games and the sports on TVs (even above the urinals :D )

And of course, there are lots of clubs and bars to go to. Georgetown is full of bars and there are various clubs throughout DC within walking distance of a metro stop.

Just, for heaven's sake, stay out of Baltimore (except for the Aquarium)

Go to the Brickskellar restaraunt if you're a beer fan. They've got a beer menu that's like a dictionary. :) They own another restaraunt near the MCI center that I always forget the name of, although its initials. BFD, DFL, some crap like that. :laugh: Your hotel should be able to tell you.

Also, The Spy Museum is fun, and the Holocaust Museum is a must see, although rather depressing.

Go to the Brickskellar restaraunt if you're a beer fan. They've got a beer menu that's like a dictionary. :) They own another restaraunt near the MCI center that I always forget the name of, although its initials. BFD, DFL, some crap like that. :laugh: Your hotel should be able to tell you.

Also, The Spy Museum is fun, and the Holocaust Museum is a must see, although rather depressing.

RFD....Regional Food and Drink.

The Spy Museum is awesome. So is the American History Museum, but i think its closed right now.

Yeah, unfortunately, the American History Museum is closed. That's a great one.

I find the National Archives to be really interesting.

Georgetown is a really trendy area to walk around and shop, grab some dinner and drinks, if that's your thing. Also, if you are in Georgetown, you have to stop and see the Exorcist steps.

I would also suggest going by the US Capitol for a tour and additionally, taking a walk up East Capitol Street on a clear night. It really is breathtaking, IMO.

Enjoy your time here! How long will you be here on vaction?

Archived