Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com "Taylor Hit Crossed The Line"

riggz2005

This is what I said in another thread:

and what the heck does everyone expect ST to do in that situation yesterday? You have a trick play called involving a punter trying to run for the 1st down....ST did what he was supposed to do, which was stop the play and if possible create an opportunity for the momentum to swing and or cause a turnover....who cares if it was a punter...he is a player on the field as well...last time I checked, football was a contact sport. That type of hit would have been unneccessary only in a practice type of situation. This was an actual game with bonuses on the line. I would much rather have guys out there playing like they cared, than have some lame product on the field for the majority of the game. Shoot, if more guys played with the intensity and desire of ST, then I am sure the pro bowl would garner more interest...there is a reason why this game is so poorly attended and watched...and believe me, the players attitudes have something to do with that...also, on a side note Roy Williams did the exact same thing 2 years ago in jacking up an opposing WR in the PB.....ST made a statement, and I don't think he will be snubbed anymore for playing in this game in the near future....

This is what I said in another thread:

and what the heck does everyone expect ST to do in that situation yesterday? You have a trick play called involving a punter trying to run for the 1st down....ST did what he was supposed to do, which was stop the play and if possible create an opportunity for the momentum to swing and or cause a turnover....who cares if it was a punter...he is a player on the field as well...last time I checked, football was a contact sport. That type of hit would have been unneccessary only in a practice type of situation. This was an actual game with bonuses on the line. I would much rather have guys out there playing like they cared, than have some lame product on the field for the majority of the game. Shoot, if more guys played with the intensity and desire of ST, then I am sure the pro bowl would garner more interest...there is a reason why this game is so poorly attended and watched...and believe me, the players attitudes have something to do with that...also, on a side note Roy Williams did the exact same thing 2 years ago in jacking up an opposing WR in the PB.....ST made a statement, and I don't think he will be snubbed anymore for playing in this game in the near future....

If he could have pulled up he should have especially knowing who was carrying the ball and what kind of game it was...If Ed Taylor would've blowed up Frost like that in an exhibition game we would be on here screaming bloody murder.

If Ed Taylor would've blowed up Frost like that in an exhibition game we would be on here screaming bloody murder.

Why? Moorman got up didn't he? They are FOOTBALL players in PADS. Why would I get upset if someone laid a perfectly legal hit on Frost?

I think the person least bothered by that hit is Moorman. So why in the world is everyone so pissy?

The ONLY reason this is a big deal is because it was Sean Taylor who did it and the team that he plays for is the Redskins. How about Terrell Suggs TWO cheap shots in the first 5 minutes of the game? One of which was a factor in Drew Brees getting injured for 2 months. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE.

I must say, even as a Cowboys fan, this little tidbit from PFT is ridiculous. This is football, if you don't like it, stay on the sideline. If you are scared, slide and get on the ground. I don't cheer for any Redskins during the regular season, but I very much enjoyed that play and especially the HIT !!! Great play by Shawn Taylor. I don't ever want to say that again. :D

If he could have pulled up he should have especially knowing who was carrying the ball and what kind of game it was...If Ed Taylor would've blowed up Frost like that in an exhibition game we would be on here screaming bloody murder.

ST is just playing the game the way its supposed to be played. I mean damn what do you expect him to do. I hope they dont ruin football like they did hockey.

Why? Moorman got up didn't he? They are FOOTBALL players in PADS. Why would I get upset if someone laid a perfectly legal hit on Frost?

I think the person least bothered by that hit is Moorman. So why in the world is everyone so pissy?

Thank God Moorman was not hurt but ST flew in there with intent and before he knew if the guy was hurt or not he jumped up and started celebrating. I love his intensity but this game was meaningless and he could've brought Moorman down with a regular tackle. I think that he saw who it was and put some extra "umph" behind it knowing that he could send the guy flying, watch the shoulder/arm follow through after the, initial, contact.

Hell and he still didn't wrap up which is where his real problem is at.

ST is just playing the game the way its supposed to be played. I mean damn what do you expect him to do. I hope they dont ruin football like they did hockey.

Why did he not play the game like it's supposed to be played when big azz Steven Jackson was running down field to win a regular season game. I am a fan of ST's but he tried to take that guy out last night.

I am a fan of ST's but he tried to take that guy out last night.

It wasnt a dirty hit, it was 100% legal. If he had hit Lorenzo Neal like that everyone would be happy. Trying to take someone out is like Terrell Suggs going for Brees' knees. That is dirty. When you go for the knees on a QB you are basically trying to injure them and take them out. When you make a perfectly legal hit on a player you are trying to tackle them and hopefully force a fumble or something. The punter tried to run for the first down. That makes him a running back in the eyes of a defender. So its the pro bowl? I guess they should start playing flag football or not playing at all because what is the point of playing if you cannot go full speed.

Good grief... ST is like a controversy lightning rod, isn't he? I'm not real into the "everyone is so unfair to us" mentality, but ST does seem to be beyond redemption in the eyes of the league.

He is one of the few players in the NFL that would take this much crap for a good, clean hit. Maybe he should have laid off a little given the circumstances but TOO BAD. If you want players to obey rules, don't leave them "unwritten". For all means, make it a touch-football game and loose the entire remaining audience. Until the NFL does, this hit was just extremely entertaining, slightly questionable and, most importantly, completely and perfectly within the parameters of the game.

So they need to just get over it.[/rant]

Football isn't for pu$$ies if you want to play flag football your in the wrong league.I'm sick an tired of the little creeps always complaining of how to play the game.Pro bowl or not it was a CLEAN hit.If these idiots say it's like a exhibition game was were they faking the punt?YOUR OPEN GAME LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

last time I checked the pro bowl was a football game.If people wanna say the hit crossed the line they might as well make the pro bowl a flag football game and even though it was a punter hes just as much a football player as any other position.If they don't like geting hit then don't play football and Moorman congratulated Taylor after the hit so its really not a big deal

Exactly...they were even talking before the game about how it's STILL A FOOTBALL GAME, and NOBODY WILL GO 50%!

As stated before, using his rep. to make something out of nothing.

I hope that the hit was because that ST can not switch gears on the field and he does everything in overdrive like Pete Rose, who had a similar situation in an all star game when he bowled over Ray Fosse and actually changed Fosse career with that shot. Everyone knew that, that was the way "Charlie Hustle" played the game and all was well. If ST is that kind of player then it is understood but if he holds up on some hits on players that he can not just blow up it was a cheap shot.

I've noticed in other posts and threads that you really seem bothered by this play and also tie it to your perception that ST shied away from making contact with Rams RB out of fear. You even had a cowboy fan apllaud your post http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3502292&postcount=774 and give it a "wow", which I'm sure you didn't solicit :laugh: .

Do you think ST is a dirty player at times, or even a bit cowardly? Did anyone else get the sense ST "backed off" of tackling Steve Jackson because of his size? Not busting on ya RR, just curious as I find it hard to reconcile with my observing ST.

Archived