Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Opens Door to Possibility of Stepping Down?

kingdaddy

All speculation. Go to his site. No need to try to get in someones mind. He tells you how he feels every week.

At the end of the message he said , hope to see you again once a month in the " off season"

That does that sound like someone who wants to quit? The interviews he was doing were at a ( NASCAR event)

That is work. I do not like nascar but they are working.

I might step down. You might step down. But according to his messgas he will not step down.

i really wonder where all your faith in joe gibbs comes from. if youre really 24, close to my age, theres no way you remember any of the glory days and its unlikely you have any knowledgable attatchment to those times, so where does all the gibbs love come from? you were 10 when we won our last superbowl, 11 when he quit. (thats if youre really 24)

i really wonder where all your faith in joe gibbs comes from. if youre really 24, close to my age, theres no way you remember any of the glory days and its unlikely you have any knowledgable attatchment to those times, so where does all the gibbs love come from? you were 10 when we won our last superbowl, 11 when he quit. (thats if youre really 24)

I started watching football at 5. I was at the super bowl at the metro dome.

When did you start watching football? I was a huge fan even as a kid.

I wish he would step down as coach today. Not because of anything that has to do with football, but because the man is miserable.

I can't imagine he is enjoying what he is doing right now. He is away from his family 10-11 months out of the year and the Redskins are struggling which I know is killing him.

I feel sorry for him because to me it seems like he feels responsible for the duty of turning the Redskins around. I'm sure he imagined it going alot differently than it has in the past 3 years.

If I could talk to him face to face i'd say to him, Joe, as a life long Redskin fan just go and be happy.

You don't owe us the fans anything, you've given us everything and more. You are the Redskins and if you want to leave you should do so and know that it would not tarnish any of the tramendous things you've done in the past.

you must have been the smartest 5 year old ever cause i barely remember anything from when i was a kid, at least sports related.

i only seriously started watching football a few years ago, i was never really into sports other than baseball.

you must have been the smartest 5 year old ever cause i barely remember anything from when i was a kid, at least sports related.

i only seriously started watching football a few years ago, i was never really into sports other than baseball.

haha yeah i loved it. I feel you. I would be like get this clown out of here too if did not see Gibbs in that super bowl.

haha yeah i loved it. I feel you. I would be like get this clown out of here too if did not see Gibbs in that super bowl.

i only remember a few games from when i was a kid

the dallas/bills superbowl where dallas won 52-17

the oilers/bills game where one of them came back from down like 40 points (bills i think)

a redskins came in the mid 90s where the jets won 3-0. haha

i also remember i played pee wee football, and our coach was such a dumbass, when we played norv turners sons team (he played for the vienna team), all he wanted us to do was lay his son out, and not worry about other parts of the game. haha, i hit him once, but it wasnt a layout.

We started about the same time brother. I was in kindergarden when the Redskins beat the Broncos 42-10 in the Super Bowl.

I remember the Broncos being up 10-0 and and then I remember we just kept scoring like crazy. The NFL network showed the game a week ago or so and I only remembered 2 or 3 plays from it.

The Super Bowl against the Bills I do remember very well. I was old enough to understand and watch every game that season.

Those fans are are around 18-20 or younger really don't have any knowledge of Gibbs so I can definately see how they'd wonder why everyone loves him so much, espeically as bad as things have gone in Gibbs 2.0.

We started about the same time brother. I was in kindergarden when the Redskins beat the Broncos 42-10 in the Super Bowl.

I remember the Broncos being up 10-0 and and then I remember we just kept scoring like crazy. The NFL network showed the game a week ago or so and I only remembered 2 or 3 plays from it.

The Super Bowl against the Bills I do remember very well. I was old enough to understand and watch every game that season.

Those fans are are around 18-20 or younger really don't have any knowledge of Gibbs so I can definately see how they'd wonder why everyone loves him so much, espeically as bad as things have gone in Gibbs 2.0.

im 23 and i dont remember any of that stuff, granted i didnt have any family members into football so i had no one to introduce me or watch with me. i was only into baseball at the time, so i vividly remember some orioles stuff from when i was a kid. my oldest redskins memories are listening to adults talk about how stupid norv turner was haha.

Exactly. You memory is like mine. I remember Broncos being up 10-0 and we kept scoring.

The Bills super bowl i remember everything . The playoffs were so fun. We killed every team. Killed the Falcons and Lions.

That was a real super bowl champion.

I wish he would step down as coach today. Not because of anything that has to do with football, but because the man is miserable.

I can't imagine he is enjoying what he is doing right now. He is away from his family 10-11 months out of the year and the Redskins are struggling which I know is killing him.

I feel sorry for him because to me it seems like he feels responsible for the duty of turning the Redskins around. I'm sure he imagined it going alot differently than it has in the past 3 years.

If I could talk to him face to face i'd say to him, Joe, as a life long Redskin fan just go and be happy.

You don't owe us the fans anything, you've given us everything and more. You are the Redskins and if you want to leave you should do so and know that it would not tarnish any of the tramendous things you've done in the past.

The only way he leaves is if hid family needs him. Its just not in his nature to quit. I do agree though that regardless as to how this plays out he is and always will be the face of the Redskins. I really hope that he can finnish out his contract.

It is not his personalty to give up. Go to his site and educate yourself.

If his grandson died yeah. Or if he had health problems himself.

He is not going to give up because he is upset. He has too much faith in God that everything will all right.

That is why his son JD and him are still working nascar events.

He has a site. No need to speculate.

WOW! Thats a pretty smug remark... you must be a really nice person

If I were him I would walk away to be with the family. Even catching it early, it is a very serious and traumatic event. Life is too short and precious, he's already accomplished so much. I don't want to see him leave a before he rights things, and I believe he will if he stays, but he's too old to let the game get in the way of what is truly important.

With him quitting fb to see his son play in college, one would naturally assume he will do so if a grandson of his is going thru a major illness. I would not be shocked if he does step down. Anyway, I keep him and his family in my prayers no matter what happens.

Thats what you hope. He was at the nascar event when he was doing the interviews.

His grandsons illness was caught early. It is not like the adult version.

People just talk without doing research.

You should know a little more about the disease before giving the impression that just because it isnt the typical adult disease, it isnt serious. You didnt do anything wrong but that is a common misconception with leukemia. It's not like a solid tumor cancer where you can really say it was caught early with a definet point of origin.It's more so a moving target with it effecting the white blood cells. To explain a little more about the disease there are 4 main types.

Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)

Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)

Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)

The chronic Leukemias are fairly rare and those are the ones that adults are more succeptable to (ages 50-70). However, both forms of the acute disease strike in both adults and children alike. ALL has the best survival rate while AML isnt quite as successful. That being said ALL (which is the most likely Taylor has) has an approximate 80% survival rate. That is very enouraging but also extremely scary for a newly diagnosed family. For those on the outside looking in, 80% can look very encouraging. However the family is flipped upside down worrying if their child will be the one out of 5 where the treatment is unsuccessful. Now that is just talking about the cancer its self. Thats not including the possible side effects from a long chemo protocol. A supressed immune system can bring on several other complications such as infections and the rejection of medications. So I assure you JGthickandthin, there is alot more to this then meets the eye. It is gutwrenching to see a child go through this. It would be completely understandable if Gibbs walked away and it is definetly possible. However, if he does come back it is truely a testament to his strength. There is going to be alot on Joe Gibb's mind and unfortunately the media will still be the media and probably continue to pile it on him. He needs time with his family and support. I support him either way and I know from experience how bad a situation like this hurts the grandparents. My grandmother cried herself to sleep up until my doctor told me we beat it.

The basis of what you heard have been taken out of context. It was more of a speculatively posed question, asking if this kind of issue would ever make him leave football, or take time off. He gave the answer that anyone would give. Who would take time away from the job for family emergencies. He did also restate that God and family are more important than football.

Archived