Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling....

laxpck

Weak agains the run in STL, allowed to leave in FA. Weak against the run in Buf, left to leave in FA. I see a pattern here..... We are weak against the run so lets sign him to a huge contracts and ask him to do something he is not very good at ALA AA.......

That about sums it up. I have been saying we dont need this guy. You should EMAIL this to gibbs and snyder and put in big letters.............DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

But for some reason I feel he will end up here. we will sign him to a deal and he wil be the Highest paid MLB in the history of the NFL, Our defense will be ranked 32nd and we will be 4-12 and will be on this board at the same time next year and I will be saying the same thing about the next old ass FA that the skins fans want to sign:doh:

I guess the party dont stop.:rolleyes:

The easiest decision is to go with London. We need more size and better tackling inside and he'll bring that to us.

I second the notion to fire up the Redskins 1 and make him our first pick up.

I doubt you read the above post. We need a run stuffer and London Fletcher would not be that.

so

Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs

Hood or Harper for CB

Terdell Sands or some other fatty ass DT

Draft Jamaal Anderson (Improve both are run defense and our pass defense)

Adalius "Do it All" Thomas is a lot better for us then Briggs I think. He gives us so many options and with Gregg Williams designing a gameplan, we could do some creative stuff.

We should get a MLB and DT and Corner depth in FA, then get Jamaal Anderson in the Draft.

Yeah Archuleta's versatility was supposed to give Greg Williams the option of doing a lot of crazy things. Turns out this mad scientist invented playing cover 2 on obvious running downs and playing pathetic linebackers over a player you traded 2 2nds to get even though your defense was the worst in the NFL. God only knows what he could do with Thomas.

I dont think London Fletcher is a bad idea. He is a true middle linebacker and could provide some valuable experience in the middle. Without a space-eater in front of him to occupy blockers though, he would be much less effective.

Signing Fletcher has to be coupled with signing a massive DT that can protect him. Heck, even if Lemar stays on in the middle, he needs a massive DT in front of him...every MLB in the NFL does.

I think this is a major reason why the Ravens Defense is back on top. I remember watching a segment on last years draft and the ANALysts mentioned Lewis having some say so in who was drafted and that's why they went with the big assed DT Ngata. They said he complained to the Coaches that he needed a big guy in front of him. Since drafting him it appears Ray Lewis has returned to pro bowl form. :2cents:

I think this is a major reason why the Ravens Defense is back on top. I remember watching a segment on last years draft and the ANALysts mentioned Lewis having some say so in who was drafted and that's why they went with the big assed DT Ngata. They said he complained to the Coaches that he needed a big guy in front of him. Since drafting him it appears Ray Lewis has returned to pro bowl form. :2cents:

What a suprise! owning the trenches makes your whole defense better. Please explain this to all the morons that believe Calvin Johnson will make our team score 14 extra points every game and that he will do more for us then Jamaal Anderson.

What a suprise! owning the trenches makes your whole defense better. Please explain this to all the morons that believe Calvin Johnson will make our team score 14 extra points every game and that he will do more for us then Jamaal Anderson.

Offence is flashy, gets highlights, gets all the publicity. How many times do you see SC highlights of a pass defended or a 3rd down stop? It's why guys like Ted Washington and Dave Butz are pretty much unknown outside of football circles. playing good solid defence doesnt get highlights. It will win you games, but doesnt sell alot of tickets.

That's why. :(

If that is true about Fletcher being bad against the run, then I suppose we shouldn't go after him. But my question is...where in the world did he get so many tackles if he is horrible against the run??

The complaint in Buf and STL has been that those tackles are all 7 or more yards down field......

I doubt you read the above post. We need a run stuffer and London Fletcher would not be that.

so

Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs

Hood or Harper for CB

Terdell Sands or some other fatty ass DT

Draft Jamaal Anderson (Improve both are run defense and our pass defense)

Sounds like the best idea to me.

Archived