Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Restaurant Week Select Extensions

CandaceM23

Hey everyone ....

Just incase you're interested, a few select restaurants have decided to extend their DC Restaurant Week promotion. The restaurants that have extended are:

Whole Month of January:

21P

Colvin Run Tavern

Dino

Oya

PS 7's

Urbana (though March 31st!)

Extra Week:

ButterField 9

Farrah Olivia

Mie n Yu

Willow (until the Jan 20th)

Restaurant week = Dinner: restaurants that will offer a 3-course fixed-price

dinner special for $30.07

Yes, an appetizer, entree and dessert at some of DC's best restaurants for only $30.07.

Last night I took my mother and brother to Oya, on 9th. Very good food. Very nice atmosphere. I'd definitely go back.

Well, our meal at Oya was awesome, but it seems like the food runners were lacking reading skills last night. I know it sounds harsh, but we ordered our meals and they came out fine ... when we got our entree's, I was still waiting for a side order of sushi. When the server came over to ask how everything was, I asked her if she could check on our sushi. She came back out with the sushi immediately.

Then when it was time for dessert, I ordered a latte with my chocolate, chocolate and chocolate. When the server came back by our table, she immediately noticed that our latte's were not brought out to us. She sent one of the guys back to get them for us.

Overall the food was good. Small portions, but I expect that when I go to a shi shi foo foo lounge type place. I'd say that it was a $30.07 well spent. Everyone was very impressed with their meal.

Uhh ... if they read everything on the list that was supposed to be brought out, then I don't think that we would have had this problem.

Well, in my experience**, drinks come from a different area than food, appetizers come from different areas than the entrees, and presumably sushi comes from a different place than your cooked entrees. There isn't some master list that has where all the food goes...the runners probably just didn't look everywhere to find your food....more of a laziness problem.

**broiler at a steakhouse.

Well thats wonderful and all, but it still boils down to people not reading or doing their job properly.

:doh: I don't disagree they weren't doing their job properly...argue, much?

man, jrock just loves to be contrary in every situation, doesn't he? :laugh:

Naw, not really...I don't enjoy fruitless arguments over bullcrap. I made a comment, and Candace has apparently taken it personally. :whoknows: I don't really care about the food runners at Oya restaraunt, or whether or not they can read.

Man, Major just loves to take shots at me in every situation, doesn't he? :laugh:

Naw, not really...I don't enjoy fruitless arguments over bullcrap.

not to be contrary ;), but you've been off vacation for like 2 weeks, and i think i've seen you in like 5 internet battles. :laugh:

I made a comment, and Candace has apparently taken it personally. :whoknows:

you made a contrary argument, which didn't add much to the conversation. and fyi, in my experience as a waiter at pargo's, there was a master list. ;)

Man, Major just loves to take shots at me in every situation, doesn't he? :laugh:

i just like to give back to those that dish out. and it's fun, the mental image of mountain dew, newports and your face turning red as you pretend to not care. :laugh:

:doh: I don't disagree they weren't doing their job properly...argue, much?

Naw, not really...I don't enjoy fruitless arguments over bullcrap. I made a comment, and Candace has apparently taken it personally. :whoknows: I don't really care about the food runners at Oya restaraunt, or whether or not they can read.

I don't think that it's Major taking shots at you ... honestly, I think that you bring them on yourself. I was away from a computer last week ... I come back and start reading the board and I see all kinds of JRock comments littered throughout threads. To put it mildly, I believe that you like to instigate and that you believe you know it all. You're quick to insult others (the ES Importance thread) and then you get defensive when people insult you in return. You love instigating, and thats all you were doing in this thread ...

A friendly conversation about food, and jrock calls in the marines... :silly:

Oh, and I wanted to say that the reason service is spotty during restaurant week is because all the restaurants need to have more staff than usual, so they will hire banquet waiters and line cooks other temp staff that don't necessarily know the menu as well as the regular staff.

Archived