Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget Cowher, I want Russ Grimm as our future HC....

CapitalDefense

Yeah, you can't just "hire someone right now." Its unrealistic to think you should just fire someone and bring someone else in. We're loaded with guys who have been coordinators before, last thing we need is someone else to poke their big head in.

Hey, at least you weren't calling for Urban Meyer to become our offensive coordinator.

Its not that he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh per say. Is that

#1. You can't steal somebody under contract for the same gig they have with another team

#2. Why leave the consistency of the Burgh?

personally, I think if the following things happened.

#1. Joe stayed as team Prez, making sure Russ gets time to get it right.

#2. We did hire a GM that isn't Joe or Vinny

#3. You gave Russ 100% control over his staff

then it could work.

anything less and I'd be worried.

He's one of two leading candidates to take the STEELERS HC job. Im agree with everybody else whos stated that we need to sit tight with what we've got in place right now. However, if we cant get it together in the next two seasons then it will be the obvious time to rebuild from top to bottom. We may not have a choice!

Russ is not sexy enough for Danny he wants Cowher :) at 6-7 mill a year

No doubt.

Wouldnt it be nice to hire some young hungry guys in the FO and at HC instead of retreads and college coaches?

Personally, I would like our next head coach to have no head coaching experience at all. This means that we would actually have to do some real research and scouting though, so I doubt it'll happen.

Russ Grim is perfect for the job here after Joe Gibbs leaves.The steelers might make him there next head coach if Cowher retires.I would love to see him come to the skins!!!Maybe Synders money can pry him away!!!

The "if" has occured (Cowher is gone.) :silly: I think he may get the nod there and I wish him well but right now I am one who wants to work with what we have. CONSISTENCY!

Russ Grimm would go 4-12 here. People still think coaching is the problem when we have a hall of fame coach, Greg Williams and Al Saunders.

NOW WE NEED A YOUNG COACH. BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. Norv Turner 7 years.

Does not make up for a lack of GM.

SHOOT. Our D Backs coach Jerry Gray had one of the top defenses in 05.

COACHING IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Losing causes depression. losing = wanting to change.

That's understood but we also have to understand that the prior season we were 10-6 and in the playoffs with the same coaching staff. We are not looking at the fact the injury bug killed us this year. Portis was hurt from the start of the season, not to take anything away from Betts because he played great but I would have rather had both backs healthy. Our D-lineman stayed hurt to at the bigging of the season we had to start Golston AND Montgomery, starting 2 late round rookies was not a good thing. Everytime someone looked at Springs hard he was hurt, but I still like Springs and hopefully the same things will not happen to him next season, can't nobody be that unlucky. Brunell was not hurt but he was 37 that is almost the same as being hurt because after all those years of playing football his body is just worn down. Hopefully, Campbell will be the answer to that problem.

So I am optimistic about next season BECAUSE of the coaches that we have NOT inspite of them.

That's understood but we also have to understand that the prior season we were 10-6 and in the playoffs with the same coaching staff. We are not looking at the fact the injury bug killed us this year. Portis was hurt from the start of the season, not to take anything away from Betts because he played great but I would have rather had both backs healthy. Our D-lineman stayed hurt to at the bigging of the season we had to start Gholston AND Montgomery, starting 2 late round rookies was not a good thing. Everytime someone looked at Springs hard he was hurt, but I still like Springs and hopefully the same things will not happen to him next season, can't nobody be that unlucky. Brunell was not hurt but he was 37 that is almost the same as being hurt because after all those years of playing football his body is just worn down. Hopefully, Campbell will be the answer to that problem.

So I am optimistic about next season BECAUSE of the coaches that we have NOT inspite of them.

Do fans have logic? If a team is losing they just want to do THE OPPPOSITE.

We have old coaches. GET YOUNG ONES

We get free agents. ONLY BUILD THRU DRAFT

We lose people in free agency . BRING THE WHOLE TEAM BACK REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY PLAY.

I just laugh now.

The Redskins had an interest in Grimm but the only way he could leave or get out of that contract is if he had a head coaching offer. Skins were only interested in him as a coordinator. It would have had to of been an upward move, not parallel.

He's going to make an outstanding head coach, more than likely for the Steelers.

Archived