Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another reason to hate Marty ?

bedlamVR

well, my main point was not that the team let any one player or coach go but failed so miserably in replacing them with comparable talent.

what Cerrato did in pushing the envelope to sign Jeff George and to trade for Trung Canidate were moves that showed this front office had no substance.

Snyder and Cerrato are guilty of listening at bit TOO much to their coaches when it came to aquiring talent. I even think they listen a bit too much to Gibbs and Williams. I'm hoping Snyder starts to see the light and gets serious about aquiring a GM...not because a GM is a cure-all, but because SOMEBODY not already in the organization needs to step in and say "No" to this player, "Yes" to this one, and "Make it work" once it's all over. Close the damn checkbook up, stop assuming that if a coach has all the players HE wants then it will lead to success...and get a GM to help in that regard.

Skins fans imagine how a second or perhaps more years with Marty under the helm would have been as a result of the disastrous timeframe known as the Steve Spurrier era. Argue as much as you like, but the bottomline is that another year or two with Marty in hindsight, probably would have been better than the dreaded Spurrier years. We essentially gave up the services of a guy who is coaching his talent-laden team in the playoffs as we speak for a college coach who failed miserably.

Skins fans imagine how a second or perhaps more years with Marty under the helm would have been as a result of the disastrous timeframe known as the Steve Spurrier era. Argue as much as you like, but the bottomline is that another year or two with Marty in hindsight, probably would have been better than the dreaded Spurrier years. We essentially gave up the services of a guy who is coaching his talent-laden team in the playoffs as we speak for a college coach who failed miserably.

You know what's scary? Marty and Spurrier had the exact same record during Spurrier's two years as the Skins' coach.

Marty inherited a San Diego team that finished 1-15 and 5-11 during the two previous years before he arrived. Spurrier inherited a redskins team that was 8-8 during the two seasons over that same timeframe.

That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Spurrier's coaching abilities.

BS, Grimm wanted to leave to go back to Pittsburgh where he is from. I got news for you, Marty got our giant payrool from 100 Million to 55 million in less than a year. Snyder hated him and Marty got a raw deal. Look who is laughing now. Snyder is the problem here as we all know.

I have to say I agree. I'm ever-thankful that we have Joe Gibbs but we didn't fire Marty for Joe. We fired Marty for Steve Spurrier. I didn't like the move at the time and I hope Snyder is watching Marty roll through the playoffs.

Granted- Marty has Ladainian Tomlinson to help him succeed, but I never thought Schotty was a bad coach. He turned this team around and got shafted by The Danny.

Archived