Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RF365 - RF365's first All-Pro team has plenty of surprises

HapHaszard

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/01/nfl-allpro-team050107.html

Having to name an All-Pro team at the close of each NFL regular season is an arduous, well-researched task. Fans will often complain that their teams don't have enough representatives on the roster, even though so many NFLers had tremendous seasons across the league.

The perfect example of the abovementioned fact is the Chicago Bears . Despite having among the most dominant defenses in the league, the Bears don't have any players on the first-team defense for our All-Pro list. They are, however, represented on the honorable mention side of the coin, which is equivalent to second-team honors.

Offense: The unstoppable first-team unit consists of two surefire Hall of Famers, a great young group of blockers and some wonderful pass catchers.

QB - Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts . You can pretty much pencil in a great campaign from the 30-year-old every season. He completed 65 percent of his passes for 31 touchdowns, nine interceptions and an astoundingly good efficiency rating of 101.0. Manning will lead the Colts into first-round playoff action this weekend. Honorable mention: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints .

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers . No doubt, LT is the best back in football; he might even be one of the greatest the game has ever seen. En route to rushing for 1,815 yards on 5.2 per carry, the sixth-year man broke the NFL's all-time single-season touchdown record, finishing with 31. A member of the league's top team, Tomlinson and the Chargers are the favorites to win Super Bowl XLI. Honorable mention: Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs .

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

This team is a joke. Jamaal Jackson at center? Give me a break. MLB Demeco Ryans? Give me a break. CB Asomugha? Give me a break.

And not including any Bears defenders is stupid, and having only one Ravens player is also stupid. Kerry Rhodes has had one good season...but he's an all-pro? Come ON.

This list sucks.

This team is a joke. Jamaal Jackson at center?

Who in the NFC do you start ahead of him. JJ is a monster and has been on more than one All-Pro list...

Give me a break. MLB Demeco Ryans? Give me a break. CB Asomugha? Give me a break.

Who do you replace them with. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can come up with names, but you act like these guys put no thought into it and just started picking out names. The Raiders CB is the second best in the AFC and has made several media All-Pro teams this year.

Kerry Rhodes has had one good season...but he's an all-pro? Come ON.

This list sucks.

Hmmm, I didn't know all-pro teams were lifetime achievements vice the best player at a particular position for the given year. Again, Rhodes has made several media all-pro teams.

Brian Moorman? Doh

please explain the doh. hes one of if not the best punters in the game. Trust me I get to see Bills games far too often.

I stopped reading when they put Warren Sapp on the starting line.

Man it feels like I'm defending every single one, but I could see Sapp on the starting line. He's had a good year. Which LDT would you replace him with?

I'll say one thing. Signing LeCharles Bentley would have been a HUGE mistake. Not saying Jackson is the better player, but for what we'd have spent on Bentley, it would have been foolish.

I think even when they intended to sign Bnetly they still had plans for Jackson. Either Bentley at guard and Jackson at Center or vice-versa. The odd man out would have been Herremans, though keeping him as a full time reserve tackle would have removed the neccesity to draft Winston Justice.

So, in conclusion, through my own convuluted brain, the result of not signing Bentley was drafting Justice. If we didn't need to trade up for Justice who would we be looking at? Lendale white, or Maurice Jones-Drew? Lots of speculation.

Why isnt Asante Samuel on that list?

He led the league in ints with 10 and in passes defensed with 24!

Asomugha could be 3rd and maybe 4th b/c I personally think Newman should be #2 or 3, but Asomugha at 2nd? No way.

Champ=1

Samuel=2

Newman=3

Asomugha=4

I agree with this. Samuel should be the other CB. Newman might have made it if not for the Cowgirl's defensive collapse at the end of the season.

Archived