Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

question regarding redskins game tapes

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

i was wondering (and god knows why) how these teams get game footage (like actual good game footage so you can see everything) and if there was anyway to obtain copies of the 16 skins games this season. is there some hacker website that sells bootlegs of the games, or is there somewhere i can get this stuff? any ideas are welcome, thanks guys.

you mean coaches film?

a DVD on every team, with every angle we don't get to see, is delivered to every team, every week

now can fans get their hands on this? I've heard no, they are available only to the teams, and I've also heard they are way too expensive even if one of us did want to buy em

Give them time.

When someone figures out that they can actually sell game review tapes and make enough money...

I would LOVE to be able to see that stuff, but many coaches and many players would HATE it. Imagine the press conference;

"Coach, it looks like Brandon and Randl El and Cool and Clinton and Ladell and Rock and Patten and James were all open by a step or more on that one play in the third quarter. Any reason why Mark threw it to the popcorn guy? He was definitely not even looking."

Give them time.

When someone figures out that they can actually sell game review tapes and make enough money...

I would LOVE to be able to see that stuff, but many coaches and many players would HATE it. Imagine the press conference;

"Coach, it looks like Brandon and Randl El and Cool and Clinton and Ladell and Rock and Patten and James were all open by a step or more on that one play in the third quarter. Any reason why Mark threw it to the popcorn guy? He was definitely not even looking."

thats what im talking about. id love to reveiw game tapes just to see what our problems/strengths are. obviously im not a coach, but that kinda stuff interests me. this is why baseball is so much easier to dissect, you can see everything.

that sucks. i wonder why its so expensive just to get like aerial views of plays from a camera? pretty lame.

how much is "a boatload of cash". like 20 bucks per tape? or 200 bucks per tape?

Around that range $200-500 per tape (if I recall correctly).

I called NFL Films about 2 years ago asking for it. I was surprised when I heard the cost... but you have to take into consideration that that NFL owns the right to the films... and they aren't in the business of selling them directly to fans. They're not in that market.. and they don't particularly want to be.

That's why you don't see individual games (back from 1930) for sale - at least by NFL licensed outlets :)

They'd really rather not sell... so if they have to... they're going to charge you for it.

Around that range $200-500 per tape (if I recall correctly).

I called NFL Films about 2 years ago asking for it. I was surprised when I heard the cost... but you have to take into consideration that that NFL owns the right to the films... and they aren't in the business of selling them directly to fans. They're not in that market.. and they don't particularly want to be.

That's why you don't see individual games (back from 1930) for sale - at least by NFL licensed outlets :)

They'd really rather not sell... so if they have to... they're going to charge you for it.

yeah i wouldnt pay upwards of $8,000.00 to watch the redskins get drilled 16 times from different angles. itd probably make me cringe even more. although still, id love to get my hands on some of that stuff.

Give them time.

You honestly don't think someone in the NFL has thought about that? Trust me. It's been brought up already :) I was told by Redskins employees that Dan Snyder has already inquired.... and he was rebuffed. And he can't do anything about it... because the league owns the rights.

All we can do is shrug our shoulders... and wonder why the heck they'd rather sit on the gold mine.

You honestly don't think someone in the NFL has thought about that? Trust me. It's been brought up already :) I was told by Redskins employees that Dan Snyder has already inquired.... and he was rebuffed. And he can't do anything about it... because the league owns the rights.

All we can do is shrug our shoulders... and wonder why the heck they'd rather sit on the gold mine.

because they dont want to see threads like this:

"if you thought kenny wright was bad on Fox broadcasts, take a look at this!!!"

You got me there! I guess I meant to say "Make enough money to overcome everyones objections..."

:cheers:

thats what im talking about. id love to reveiw game tapes just to see what our problems/strengths are. obviously im not a coach, but that kinda stuff interests me. this is why baseball is so much easier to dissect, you can see everything.

Man, I remember seeing the Browns and Kosar at RFK last century and I was up high enough and at a good angle to see really well the separation receivers get from defenders and I learned that an offense really cooking with a solid qb and receivers is unstoppable if the qb has passing lanes to get rid of the ball.

Thing is, we'd need to know the calls and the scheme to know what a given player was supposed to do on a given play and the learn the adjustment reads and then...!!!!

It would be cool though just to be able to zero in on guys.

because they dont want to see threads like this:

"if you thought kenny wright was bad on Fox broadcasts, take a look at this!!!"

Think about this; with the information age being what it is, the Redskins could have 50,000 extra coaches and scouts breaking down film on free agents! The key would be some sort of collating and sorting matrix so that input was usable and reference-able.

Before long it could be common knowledge what players go hard on every play, what players make alot of mistakes, what players react well or poorly. Hell, the TO's of the world would be forced to shut the hell up unless they were truly playing as hard as they could all the time!

Coaches would never have to be the bad guys again!

yeah i wouldnt pay upwards of $8,000.00 to watch the redskins get drilled 16 times from different angles. itd probably make me cringe even more. although still, id love to get my hands on some of that stuff.

:laugh: Rotflmao! I agree. Don't think I'd want to spend that money seeing us lose 10 games.

http://www.nflfilms.com/specialorders/

NFL Films - SPECIAL ORDER CATALOG

A special order is a program that is no longer available on the home video market (i.e., you cannot buy it at a store or through regular mail order). Or, it is a program that was produced by NFL Films but was never available on the home video market. A copy of the program is duplicated on VHS videotape or DVD for you and packaged with a typewritten label. The cost of a special order is $50 per tape/DVD (unless otherwise indicated) plus shipping charges.

NOTE: Sales tax applies on orders shipped to NJ and to NY. For NY, the sales tax is due on the shipping charge, as well as on the cost of the tapes/DVDs. </B>

RETURN POLICY: The amount that is charged for each tape/dvd ($50) is primarily for the service that you are receiving. As described above, we are duplicating one copy of the program for you. The fee you are paying is covering the expense for the manpower and machine time that is required to complete this task. Our videotapes are 100% guaranteed against all manufacturing and mechanical defects. This is the ONLY type of return that will be accepted. A replacement tape will be sent to you. NO refunds will be issued. ALL RETURNS MUST HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL. Please leave a message at 856-638-6843 and someone will get back to you.

The following pages list all of the programs that are available as special orders. Please look over the list carefully. No other programs can be special ordered.

IF YOU WERE INTERESTED IN OBTAINING A FULL GAME: Unfortunately full game prints, as you see them on TV, are not available from NFL Films or from any other source.

If you would like to place an order, please fill out the enclosed form and return it to NFL Films. If you are charging your order to either MasterCard or Visa, you may fax the order to 856/638-0139. Otherwise, please mail your order form and a check or money order to Dept. SP at NFL Films. If you need more order forms, please call us at 856/638-6843 and leave a message.

Shipping time:

UP TO FOUR WEEKS AFTER RECEIPT OF ORDER.

Thank you for your interest in our product.

PLEASE NOTE: This “special order” service is provided to private individuals for their PERSONAL HOME VIEWING purposes only. If you are contemplating using these programs for any type of business use or to show to any group (including schools, boy/girl scouts, church groups, rotary clubs, etc.), this information DOES NOT APPLY. To find out more information about business/group use, please contact Lisa Kassekert at 856-222-2853.

Archived