Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocket Ismael

slinky

So special on comcast sports said last year the redskins invited him to come in for a visit and he did and he ran a 4.3 40 and impressed the coaches and they told him to be ready if anyone went down. And they just said he is running a 4.1 40.

not that i care about this or whatnot... i just never heard about this before. anyone hear about this before?

Thus earning the nickname "rocket"

I'm no genius but i think his real name "Raghib", sounding like Rocket, is the reason he got the nickname. Not because he was fast but couldn't catch. I think if he could catch awesome and had a bit above average speed he'd still be Rocket. Raghib the Rocket. Just makes sense.

I'm pretty sure this was from several years ago (not the special but just the Redskins interest in him).

As for him being "just a sprinter". That may be true, but I still have that image burned in my head from my vantange point at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium when Rocket flew by everyone in our secondary and was running about as wide open as you'll ever see a wide receiver in an NFL game and I mutter something to myself like "Oh $@@@" and close my eyes and let the crowd reaction tell me that Aikman just hit him in stride for the overtime win in the 99 season opener.

Worst moment ever at The Big Jack.

Archived