Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

when will the coaching staff swallow their egos and give Betts goal line carries?

Fifty Gut

Exactly. Firstly, whose idea is it to have Duckett run those retarded stretch and toss plays EVERYTIME? He isn't exactly Barry Sanders when it comes to changing direction and getting upfield.

Second, he just flat out does not run hard 99% of the time. It looks like he sees somebody comign and just falls down or runs into his own offensive lineman. Giving it to him on the goal line would seem like the right call, but after awhile, can't the coaches see that he isn't running downhill?

We run those plays because that's what Duckett is best at. He's not really a power runner, and he's not really a finesse runner. His strength is, when he gets into the secondary, he usually has a full head of steam going and is pretty much unstoppable by the DBs. He's not the kind of guy that you send straight forward up to the line and hope that he can bust through. He's more a guy that you send out wide to look for a cutback lane, and then he cuts up the field and gets rolling.

He's not really a power runner, he just looks like one. And no he doesn't suck, you just have to use him frequently and in the right situations. He was perfect for Atlanta's zone blocking.

it's the timing of Duckett's reps that really upset me.

for 12 weeks we waited for Duckett to get carries in a short yardage role and it never happened.

now, with Betts on fire with 155 and 171, Gibbs suddenly decides that Duckett is the team's short yardage back? :)

when Joe said that he used Duckett down in close because that is his role on the team I had to chuckle.

he had never fulfilled that role effectively up to the Eagles game. why make a change now?

The real reason: This coaching staff is too ****ing stupid.

How many times have I seen teams run FAKE WR Screens and get huge gains....yet we would run the same ****ing screen over and over.

Whenever we have run QB rollouts with an option to run or pass, they have been successful.

We refuse to do little things that would be huge.

The coaching staff is ****ing stupid. PERIOD.

you know what i'm sick of hearing people complain about how we dont use DUckett in short yardage/goal line situations, and then we get mad when we do use him

:applause: :applause: :applause: Thank you for letting me know that there is someone else here is seeing all of the freaking hypocrisy.

Archived