Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"why did we stop?"

Fifty Gut

Cartwright was heard yelling that in the locker room after the game (980AM)

so why did we stop? we were made to believe Gibbs took back his team

:doh: lies

I actually thought for once the coaches would let the offense run the ball, dominate the LOS, for all four quarters

Gibbs believes in run first, Saunders believes in balanced run/pass, we're gonna continue to have this problem into the offseason

The playcalling was OK... it was aggressive! Normally we wouild complain if they stuck with the run b/c its 'playing not to lose'. I think at home w. a 14 pt lead is the BEST TIME to open things up and try to crush the opponent. it just didn't work this time, but the overall concept is good and I liked it

Rock was wrong. We did run the ball for 4 quarters. It was the passing game that failed us.

Jason

I have to agree with you Jason. I thought we ran the ball very well yesterday. The passing game was bad. If they biltz Campbell the play was pretty much over.

I have to agree with you Jason. I thought we ran the ball very well yesterday. The passing game was bad. If they biltz Campbell the play was pretty much over.

That will come with experience and getting a feel for the D and maybe calling an audible or alternate blocking scheme. But you gotta admit, the kid stood in there and didn't back down, get rattled or ball up in the fetal position.

Ever Since Gibbs has come back we have struggle to score over 21+ points ..Last year 5 game stretch was the only time . Regardless of running or passing offense has been the problem since I hate to say it -- the Norv Turner Years !!! maybe even before that can you say Posse !!!

Defense wins Championships and our defense stinks ...I have a thought maybe instead of the cornerback and safeties not going to the meeting together maybe the whole defense should not let Gregg Williams inside the meeting room til he checks his ego at the Door !!!!! I saw on the Norwood touchdown gregg called another Run Stunts ...stop calling run stunt and lets just rush the passer .

That will come with experience and getting a feel for the D and maybe calling an audible or alternate blocking scheme. But you gotta admit, the kid stood in there and didn't back down, get rattled or ball up in the fetal position.

I actually would have preferred he go into the fetal position on that first interception he threw while being sacked lol :laugh: ...

I really believed that Saunders would be a great addition to our team.

I highly respect him and his reputation but I feel that his style just isn't Redskins football.

I starting to feel Saunders is our problem.

How Gibbs and Saunders cannot get on the same page is beyond me. In his post game pressers Gibbs always says we were running it good but we got away from it and we have to stick with it. Then on Sportsnite every Monday Saunders tells Kelly Johnson we were running it well but yards don't win games, points do and we have to get big plays from the passing game. This offense has no philosophy whatsoever. It has to be driving the players crazy. I know its driving me crazy.

He'll learn to stop throwing stupid passed. The passing gane failed us yesterday. But thats why we started the kid. Hopefully he'll get his rookie mistakes out of the way during a season thats not going anywhere.

I saw a couple of GW press talks and he is always talking about how bad the offense is playing and not being able to stay on the field so the defense can rest , but he never take the blame for he defense allowing the other team to score. Face it defense wins games even if your offense is only able to put 3 points on the board it's the other team defense thats winning the battle....He has the defense playing just the way he want enough to make himself look good and the other coaches look even worst,,,sorry sack another I want all or you want get nothing..........get a heart and leave the check let the boys go to work and show you coaches where it's at GO SKINS I may be wrong because I'm pissed there was no way on paper this team was suppose to miss

Bottom line...

We ran well.

The Falcons began stacking the box and blitzing on every third down.

We still ran well but couldnt pick up the blitz to save our lives.

Jason could not find the "hot" man on those blitzes.

Rock was frustrated more than anything else.

Rock was wrong. We did run the ball for 4 quarters. It was the passing game that failed us.

Jason

Don't think Rock said anything about the running game, I think he was talking about the team as a whole when he said "why did we stop?"

In which case, I completely agree with him. The momentum died somewhere during the game and everything went wrong from there

Archived