Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What lifestyle is easier and more fun? Jesus's way, or your way?And why?

SUNSTONE

Then why not put the whole quote in there? If your quote is not out of context, the whole quote won't change the implication.

Since you believe living like Jesus taught would make this world better, the why don't you live the way Jesus taught?

Why do you bash us Christians who try to live like Jesus taught?

Why are you so hateful to the people who are only trying to help make this world a better place?

Sunstone, it's obvious what you're doing. He asked that you use the entire sentence if you're going to quote him. That's not unreasonable, and, apparently it's adviseable too, in case you missed it. You're misrepresenting Rincewind, he's got a right to ask that you not do that. :2cents:

Suntone, mod here.

Please honor a fellow member's requests when quoting that member in your sig.

Thanks.

Since you believe living like Jesus taught would make this world better, the why don't you live the way Jesus taught?

Why do you bash us Christians who try to live like Jesus taught?

Why are you so hateful to the people who are only trying to help make this world a better place?

First - why won't you answer the question I posed about the quote?

Second - what the hell are you talking about? I'm about the least hateful person you're going to meet. Sure I don't really care for the way most Christians present themselves and don't understand why you'd admitedly allow yourself to be a sheep - but there isn't an ounce of hate in my soul. Sorry to disappoint you.

As for not living 'the Jesus way' - I think he was a great teacher, doesn't mine I want to be him. Gandhi was a great guy too, but I like hamburgers.

This is my last post in this thread.

Look at the verse again.

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28 29[/Quote]

:secret: I have, many times. Its about relieveing the burden of sin from men's SOULS, not the flesh.

The part where man tends towards selfishness, is in his flesh.

Paul talks about this when he says "why do I do the things I don't want to do, and the things I want to do..that I do not do."

But the flesh can be trained.

Then that verse doesn't apply. :doh:
39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

Luke 6

I suggest you reread that carefully. Don't lead the blind toward a cliff Sunstone. That's where this health & wealth gospel is leading them.

15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." Acts 9

Saul aka Paul, is the specific person that verse is talking about.

It also has application for all Christians. Christ suffered, Peter suffered, Paul suffered, Christians suffered. Do you see the pattern? The mark of authentic Christianity has always been suffering. Mother Teresa got it, John Wycliffe got it, John Bunyan understood it, Jim Elliot and Nate Saint understood it. I can go on.
Those who live life by their own wisdom and not God's, is like a person driving a car only in 1st gear, and in many cases in reverse.

They don't have a clue that the vehicle has 5 gears, and wings to fly, and a propeller for the water.

And Paul said: "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

This is my last post in this thread.

:secret: I have, many times. Its about relieveing the burden of sin from men's SOULS, not the flesh.

Then that verse doesn't apply. :doh:

I suggest you reread that carefully. Don't lead the blind toward a cliff Sunstone. That's where this health & wealth gospel is leading them.

It also has application for all Christians. Christ suffered, Peter suffered, Paul suffered, Christians suffered. Do you see the pattern? The mark of authentic Christianity has always been suffering. Mother Teresa got it, John Wycliffe got it, John Bunyan understood it, Jim Elliot and Nate Saint understood it. I can go on.

And Paul said: "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

So what are you saying, that we are sinners and will continue to sin and not change?

Is that what that verse is talking about?

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;

fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body

and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,

with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,

and your vats will brim over with new wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline

and do not resent his rebuke,

12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,

as a father [b] the son he delights in.

13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,

the man who gains understanding,

14 for she is more profitable than silver

and yields better returns than gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies;

nothing you desire can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand;

in her left hand are riches and honor. 17 Her ways are pleasant ways,

and all her paths are peace.

11persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

SUNSTONE's sig

Now you are purposely misrepresenting me and I am publicly asking you to take my post out of your sig. Just know - I really didn't want to ask and that you have forced to me to look like an ass for not allowing you to use my words. Thanks, you really follow in the footsteps of the Messiah dude you always talk about.

Archived