Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush Courts Muslims with Ramadan Dinner, Messages

The Evil Genius

This will piss off those here who refer to Muslims as towelheads (you know who you are). :doh:

Bush Courts Muslims with Ramadan Dinner, Messages

Thu Nov 7, 1:19 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Thirteen months after the U.S.-led military campaign began in Afghanistan (news - web sites) and on the eve of a U.N. vote on a tough resolution to disarm Iraq, President Bush (news - web sites) is planning to mark the Muslim holy month of Ramadan with Islamic leaders at the White House.

Diplomats and community leaders have been invited to the State Dining Room on Thursday evening to share the traditional Iftaar meal, which ends each day of fasting.

The event is just one of several ways in which the Bush administration will mark Ramadan in an effort to reach out to Muslims in America and throughout the world.

A senior administration official said Bush planned to send individual messages to leaders of predominantly Islamic countries and Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) would hold his own Iftaar dinner at the State Department later this month. More than 30 U.S. diplomatic and consular posts worldwide were holding Ramadan activities.

In addition, the Treasury Department (news - web sites) and Islamic charities in the United States were developing "a voluntary set of best-practice guidelines" to prevent the use of funds for criminal and terrorist activities, the official said.

Bush has already sent his best wishes for "a blessed time" to one billion Muslims around the world preparing to celebrate Ramadan, calling their religion "a peace-loving faith."

The president, who frequently stresses that the war on terrorism launched after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States is not aimed at Muslims in general but only those who have "hijacked a great religion," thanked Muslim nations for their support.

Last year, Ramadan fell in the midst of the U.S. effort to destroy Saudi-born dissident Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) and his al Qaeda organization who were blamed for the attacks, and to oust the Taliban, the Islamic extremists who hosted them in Afghanistan.

This year, it comes as Bush is trying to win the support of allies for disarming Iraq, by force if necessary.

The United States on Wednesday circulated a new proposed resolution in the United Nations (news - web sites) Security Council that would give Iraq a "final opportunity" to meet demands to give up its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs. Washington hopes to bring the issue to a vote on Friday.

Ramadan is the month of fasting when devout Muslims refrain from all food, drink or sex during daylight hours and focus on devotion and good works.

The start and end of the month for most Islamic countries depends on the sighting of the new moon by the naked eye. It is the ninth and holiest month of the Islamic lunar calendar.

I'm not sure who you think you're tweaking here, but this is the right thing to do. We're not fighting a "Crusade" against Islam, we're fighting murderers who happen to be Islamic radicals. It's important to do this to reaffirm that distinction.

I am tweaking those here who lump all Muslims into the catagory of terrorist.

Redman please give me some credit here - go back and look at the myriad of posts that have said that Islam is bad. The posts that says we should lump all the "towelheads" together.

Thats who I am tweaking.

Editied - missed the quote marks around "towelhead" - sorry :doh:

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

I am tweaking those here who lump all Muslims into the catagory of terrorist.

Redman please give me some credit here - go back and look at the myriad of posts that have said that Islam is bad. The posts that says we should lump all the "towelheads" together.

Thats who I am tweaking.

Editied - missed the quote marks around "towelhead" - sorry :doh:

Hey I'm Muslim and don't wear a towel. :laugh: If I was really devot, I'd be fasting right now. Only do that on my off days.

Trust me, you don't want this to be viewed as the U.S. vs the Muslim world. Every muslim fanatic would be trying to get into the U.S. and wage a war on U.S. soil. What you see in Israel would become the norm here.

Look if those damn Muslims have a problem and try to start **** we should just send them back. They're the problem in today's world, the VAST majority of terrorists are Muslims. Their religion promotes violence,killing of innocent people and is generally very barbaric. Although I'm against attacking Iraq since Saddam isn't suicidal enough to do anything to us knowing that his little ****hole for a country will be a nuclear wasteland within minutes if he pulls any stunts.

i hate myself for even replying, but this was too much even for me.

Their religion promotes violence,killing of innocent people and is generally very barbaric.

it does no such thing. the koran doesn't have any more violence in it than the bible does. does that make all christians violent people? they are the ones who bomb abortion centers, shoot doctors, and blow up buildings (mcveigh).

you are a moron.

Food for thought. There are currently over 130 conflicts (wars if you will) taking place across the globe of which only four do not directly involve those of the Muslim religion. I am by no means trying to say that ALL muslims should be lumped into one single category. What I am trying to say is there are those within that religion that do not believe in tolerance. I believe it is the responsibility of ALL rational thinking muslims to do whatever is necessary in trying to curtail the violence happening around the globe. How are the rest of the worlds religions suppose to continually TOLERATE such acts of religous hatred?

This is a world governed by the ability and use of force. This is the way nations and societies have earned their footholds from the beginning of time. Why should we continually make efforts of peace when our adversaries only wish for our extinction? These Islamic radicals are guilty of the *******ization of a very old and proud religion for the means of gaining power. They must be stopped (preferably killed). Look, there will never be a worldwide utopia nor will there evere be everlasting peace. It is not the responsibility of the United States to conduct our daily lives in occordance to every relgion of the world. Yes we are a melting pot. No we are not perfect nor is capitalism; however, this great nation has afforded many the opportunity of better life from the country they fled. If our tolerance and understandig is tested we will respond with great force. Three thousand of our fellow countrymen are nolonger able to enjoy these freedoms because the acts of madman doing their work in the name of Islam.

Islam is not the focus of our aggression, however the terrorists are of this religion. The attack is not on Islam and its Muslim followers, only those who choose to interpret this scripture in a violent and perverse manner consequentally causing the suffering of millions. This must stop!

EG,

I believe the term used more often

is "raghead",not "towelhead" :rolleyes:

And of course not all ragheads are radical muslim fundementalist phucks. A great example was what just happened in Yemen. The good ragheads there let us in to track down the a$$hole ragheads and kill them. I have very little problems with what President Bush is doing, but since it is islam that has been "hijacked" or is at least the faith of these a$$holes in general, I just wish I would see more of the good ones on TV or on the news disavowing the actions of the bad ones. I haven't seen too much of that, and I think that makes the public a little wary.

Originally posted by Air Sarge

I have very little problems with what President Bush is doing, but since it is islam that has been "hijacked" or is at least the faith of these a$$holes in general, I just wish I would see more of the good ones on TV or on the news disavowing the actions of the bad ones. I haven't seen too much of that, and I think that makes the public a little wary.

Well said, I agree.

You would probably see more of the "good ones" if they would come forward, as a group, an denounce the actions of these radical groups. You must be strong when times like these are happening. The problem we are seeing is the Arab nations are remaining impartial to these actions. Is this out of fear or is this what the Middle East really wants? The adolescentsof these Arab nations are being taught to hate the "westerners",why? Who started this? Thats actually easily answered. Religous power hungry hatemongers. Islam is not alone here. Ask yourself how the dome of ST. Peter was built. Wonder where the idea of confession came from? Lets see, we need money to build the dome. How are we going to get it? Okay, so we tell our followers to come to confession make a donation and their sins will be forgived. So in Islam you tell the young to seek out all infadels and kill them wherever you find them. become a martyr and there will be a plethora(not sure of the number) of vigins waiting for you in the kingdom of Allah. Religion has always been used as a tool for controlling and manipualting masses. This should not happen but unfortunataly it takes place around the globe.

It is a custom throughout history to pay homage and respect to those whom you need and acknowledge as trusted. Politics is exactly what it used, but also respect.

In Hannibal's battle with the Romans and need to cross territories, he would consult with the highest of the leadership of the land, with offerings of his spoils, invitations to Africa and more. He was granted safe passage, and yes, if some tried to trick him, it was a huge mistake.

Native Americans offered peace offerings and tribal connections for trade, committee meetings, assistance in emergencies and of course ceremonial participations. Then when they would come under attack, communications was sent out to band together.

This hopefully will be a good result from honor to respect the Muslims, no matter where or who and make very, very clear, that this is just another isolated incident with a troubled nation, that is on the brink of causing trouble. Bush has taken a very good key step.

Haven't decided yet, but one of 2 things. Either FSF is genetically predisposed to being this ignorant, or he went to school and majored in it. Has to be number 2. Nobody can be born that ignorant.

Indy.......egads............. well said. Agreed.

The problem we are seeing is the Arab nations are remaining impartial to these actions. Is this out of fear or is this what the Middle East really wants?

Oh, fear is a great deal of it. Remember: these "Arab nations" are basically oligarchies or de facto monarchies, wherein a bunch of rich people stay in power by constantly grinding the masses under their heels. As the poor stay poor, they are taught to hate the West by their local leaders because then they won't want to be like the West (by overthrowing their government and getting richer) and so that they have another target for their frustration and hatred.

The leadership of the Arab nations has screwed itself over: fall in with the West, and they become associated with the bad guys and thus a target; ally themselves with Evil, and the USA will go in and take them out. Wouldn't care to be them right about now.

Archived