Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Sapp claims food was tampered with

bubba9497

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/11/23/bc.fbn.raiders.sapp.ap/index.html

click link for full article

Sapp claims food was tampered with

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Warren Sapp is a very picky eater.

The Oakland Raiders' defensive tackle refuses to eat out on road trips for fear of getting sick, and he's not talking about the rare case of food poisoning.

Sapp insisted Wednesday his food was tampered with during his nine-year tenure in Tampa Bay from 1995-03.

"You get your food poisoned," Sapp said at Raiders headquarters. "They don't want you out there on Sunday. You don't think about it. It just got crazy."

He pointed specifically to three incidents: Before the NFC championship game in Philadelphia at the end of the 2002 season, which the Bucs won on the way to the Super Bowl title; before a divisional playoff game at Green Bay in January 1998; and at New Orleans, where the Bucs played a road game during the 1998 season.

"I know it's real, especially in Philly, come on," said Sapp, long an unpopular figure in the NFL for his play and his mouth.

Sapp's comments caught Raiders coach Art Shell by surprise.

"That's the first I ever heard of it," said Shell, who spent five years working for the NFL before the Raiders hired him again in February. "Even being in the league office, I never heard that. That's scary."

Although San Diego Chargers receiver Keenan McCardell said he didn't know of any specific incidents of food poisoning involving Sapp, he understands Sapp's concerns.

I heard him on Howard Eskin talking about this yesterday. He talked about it for 20 minutes but never really said anything other than "I know it happens." He mentioned that his friends always order what he wants and they switch plates when it arrives because they all know that people are trying to poison him. Howard asked when they had successfully poisoned him that he began reacting this way and Sapp just laughed and said "think about it, you know they gonna do it if they can."

Very funny interview, entertaining radio indeed.

Sapp is a classy figure in the NFL, but this is just crazy. I would expect an organization like the Giants doing this kind of illegal activities to gain competitive advantage.

honestly why do you have to bring up the giants on every post do you wrote.. your posts are not funny any more..

Archived