Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Note to Fans...Los is not a bum

kcofdc

this argument is so old. los is not a bum

everyone wants him to jam the reciever, but if you jam the reciever and there is no pressure on the qb (we never pressure the qb) the wr will now have a step on you. los never has safety help on his side, thus if he jams, and there is no safety over the top, he will get burned. he's in a lose lose cus if he doesnt jam they throw the slant. they cant throw the slant to springs side because he is playing zone. thats why he got his int this past sunday.

springs gives cushion, but is always in a zone with safety help on his side. why would a qb throw to a side with zone coverage when he can throw to the side with one on one coverage with no safety help (carlos side).

the middle of the field is usually open too because the lb's are blitzing with no results, so if the wr runs in the middle of the field he is usually wide open because los nor springs has any help from the lb's. therefore you must hope the safeties make the tackle, which for some reason doesnt happen this year.

Carlos Rogers is not a bum. This defense is made to have success if all of the parts fall into play. If the dline gets no pressure, the secondary will continue to get abused because we rely on blitzing to pick up the slack which leaves huge holes in the secondary. Stop criticizing individuals when its the entire defensive unit that is underachieving.

Vent OFF.

Banks if you read the last paragraph you would have seen his actual point. "Stop criticizing individuals when its the entire defensive unit thats underachieving."

He's right. Carlos is playing poorly, yes, but so is the entire D. He's just the new scapegoat since we took Archuleta out of the equation.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Rogers in zone coverage and if we have anyone in 1 on 1 then it should be Springs, our #1cb???

i think it would make sense seeing as though teams exploit that side running as well. if he played zone he could support the run as well.

i agree.... I think the main problem is the fact that everyone has figured out Greg Williams "genious" defense so its the scheme thats really whats hurting the most, but it makes the players look bad. I think that if we had jim johnson coaching our D we would be much better, I bet you AA would be worth what we paid him. although I think we need to upgrade some areas on Defense I don't think greg williams is a great coach. we all saw what happened in buffalo...

Banks if you read the last paragraph you would have seen his actual point. "Stop criticizing individuals when its the entire defensive unit thats underachieving."

He's right. Carlos is playing poorly, yes, but so is the entire D. He's just the new scapegoat since we took Archuleta out of the equation.

exactly im not voting los to the probowl or anything, but it is unfair to single him out when the qb has all day to wait for the wr to get open.

you can only cover a wr for so long before he gets open.

No I agree with the sentiment that almost everyone on the defense is playing poorly. In that sense it's the team that's playing bad. But a team is made up of members and it doesn't hurt to single out individual team members who are performing especially bad. You can't blame Los for the piss poor D line, linebacker, and safety play this season. You can however say a cornerback that's not doing his job is a bum.

And like I say get an interception, or even stop a wideout and he's not a bum. I want performance not excuses.

*Stopping meshawn this weekend would be a great place to start. Delhomme loves to throw a pick or two if given the chance

Carlos is a bust at this point. He doesn't "jam" the receivers, he "pats" them. You can see when its his responsibility to JAM the receiver, and he typically whiffs or pats at the guy. Don't make excuses for the guy. If his job is to redirect or jam the receiver, he should do so. He's lost confidence in himself, his abilities, and the people around him. Its clear to me, and its clear to many others be us fans or his d-coach. Carlos has been burnt more this year than Walt Harris ever was last year. Harris is a better player for San Fran this year than Carlos is for us. Just the facts Jack.

HTTR

Ha

yes

continue blaming everyone but los for his poor peformance

How bout he gets an interception or one......or better stops a wide reciever from making a deep play before we start blaming others for los's poor performance

Yeah he drops to many footballs..... He needs to put some crazy glue on his gloves cuz many of the dropped passes CAN be and SHOULD be intercepted! The coaches need to let his butt use that receiver machine which spits out the footballs.

Yeah he drops to many footballs..... He needs to put some crazy glue on his gloves cuz many of the dropped passes CAN be and SHOULD be intercepted! The coaches need to let his butt use that receiver machine which spits out the footballs.

Thats why he's is an cornerback

What? He's an effing ninth overall pick in the NFL. The NFL, man. You and I can catch footballs, right? I'm assuming that we're both in school, have jobs, etc. His JOB is to catch the ball when it gets near him. There are three picks that hit him literally between the numbers and he STILL didn't bring them in. It's absolutely unacceptable. I'll never, ever forget the Seattle playoff game last year. He had that one for six if he didn't drop the damned thing. It's his JOB that he gets paid MILLIONS of dollars for.

Of course I know he is a cornerback but they have other assignments other then covering the opposing receiver, like catching the ball the opposing team's quarterback throws right to the defender which is called an INTERCEPTION my little friend...... ;)

Of course I know he is a cornerback but they have other assignments other then covering the opposing receiver, like catching the ball the opposing team's quarterback throws right to the defender which is called an INTERCEPTION my little friend...... ;)

exactly. Corners are supposed to intercept balls, not let them bounce off of his hands as he is making a serious attempt to catch that ball. He has underperformed to his first round billing thus far. There is a reason that two other Corners were taken before him, and we are baring witness to the reason this season. Rogers has been toasted all season, and has tackling problems. He doesnt wrap up. He must think his battering ram shoulder is enough o knock them down. Then when he attempts it, people spin of of his feeble tackle and run until Sean Taylor tracks em down and makes the tackle. rogers needs to be our nickle back next season with a FA starting and SS playing opposite that person.

...or better stops a wide reciever from making a deep play before we start blaming others for los's poor performance

yeah, I see the boards calling for STs head after week 3 also...but im sure the other 23948239048 threads on ST worrying too much about other peoples mistakes to cover his own assignments doenst count :silly:

this argument is so old. los is not a bum

everyone wants him to jam the reciever, but if you jam the reciever and there is no pressure on the qb (we never pressure the qb) the wr will now have a step on you. los never has safety help on his side, thus if he jams, and there is no safety over the top, he will get burned. he's in a lose lose cus if he doesnt jam they throw the slant. they cant throw the slant to springs side because he is playing zone. thats why he got his int this past sunday.

springs gives cushion, but is always in a zone with safety help on his side. why would a qb throw to a side with zone coverage when he can throw to the side with one on one coverage with no safety help (carlos side).

the middle of the field is usually open too because the lb's are blitzing with no results, so if the wr runs in the middle of the field he is usually wide open because los nor springs has any help from the lb's. therefore you must hope the safeties make the tackle, which for some reason doesnt happen this year.

Carlos Rogers is not a bum. This defense is made to have success if all of the parts fall into play. If the dline gets no pressure, the secondary will continue to get abused because we rely on blitzing to pick up the slack which leaves huge holes in the secondary. Stop criticizing individuals when its the entire defensive unit that is underachieving.

Vent OFF.

:rolleyes: i told you so

way to go los

way to go d line

:rolleyes: i told you so

way to go los

way to go d line

I want you to be right, I really do, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but one game is one game. I think that as Redskins fans we need to be wary of extrapolating any type of success past today unless we want our therapy bills to skyrocket.

I want you to be right, I really do, and I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but one game is one game. I think that as Redskins fans we need to be wary of extrapolating any type of success past today unless we want our therapy bills to skyrocket.

i know its only one game, but as you can see when we get pressure on the qb our secondary looks a lot better. :2cents:

i know its only one game, but as you can see when we get pressure on the qb our secondary looks a lot better. :2cents:

Totally agreed. Our defense overall was outstanding today, and Carlos shined.

We've just been burned too many times in the past decade and a half, ESPECIALLY this season, to get our hopes too high.

Archived