Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Or Smith

sean"Hitman"taylor

While I love Santana I agree with most of the posters that Smith is the better reciever. Smith is just ALWAYS open and always makes big plays when the team needs them. Santana makes his share of plays but he isn't quite the threat that Steve Smith is. I don't think anyone here should be upset about that though, because there only is one Steve Smith and we have the next best thing.

smith. santana is faster and better after the catch, but smith is bigger and doesnt go down as easy.

Actually, Steve Smith is shorter than Santana. In general, though, I totally disagree with what you said. Smith and Santana are about on par after the catch and both have that punt-returner mentality. They are both also extremely difficult to bring down... not necessarily because of their respective physicality but because they are small targets with boatloads of moves.

For now, Smith is the better WR. However, you have to take into account that we have NOT thrown the deep ball at all this year and our quarterbacking has been suspect at best in games where Santana has started. The Panthers, on the other hand, have a significanly better aerial assault with Jake Delhomme. :2cents:

Randy Moss I dont think so he has been invisible this year. I think we will see alot more out of Santana with Campbell at QB he will actually stand in the pocket and look downfield and can scramble to avoid the rush

I think they are pretty close I give Moss the advantage when it comes to making a clutch play

Actually, Steve Smith is shorter than Santana. In general, though, I totally disagree with what you said. Smith and Santana are about on par after the catch and both have that punt-returner mentality. They are both also extremely difficult to bring down... not necessarily because of their respective physicality but because they are small targets with boatloads of moves.

For now, Smith is the better WR. However, you have to take into account that we have NOT thrown the deep ball at all this year and our quarterbacking has been suspect at best in games where Santana has started. The Panthers, on the other hand, have a significanly better aerial assault with Jake Delhomme. :2cents:

smith is SHORTER, but hes thicker. santana is a tiny dude, smith packs a bunch for his size. im not taking anything away from moss, hes silly good. moss would probably have numbers right up there with smith if it werent for brunell. also, smith gets extra hype cause carolina has NO ground game.

Your receivers are only as good as the QB. Do you think Harrison would be as good without Peyton? How about Chad Johnson without Palmer? Look at how crappy Randy Moss has looked without Culpepper. The debate is the same here. Delhomme >>>>>>>>> Brunell, so of course Smith will look better.

Archived