Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will you approach next year?

CPortJGibbs89

I think most of us can admit we thought this was the big year we would get to the super bowl. I will be the first to admit I thought we were no worse than an 11-5 team and a 14-2 team at best. I loved all the free agent signings and thought we made all the right moves. I thought Brunell would hang in another year and ride off in the sunset. I thought the defense would be top 5 and dominate even more than last year. I thought Saunders and Portis were a match made in heaven. Man does this suck.

So I think to myself how will I approach next year and this coming offseason. I dont know if I will ever make the mistake of predicting this stuff again. I will hope that we trade down for more draft picks. Try and unload some of these big contracts if it is possible. I want us to stay consistent and let Gibbs fix this. I want Williams to stay and go through adversity with these players. I want this offense loaded with young talent to grow around Campbell and build on Saunders system. I want Portis to stay and become the back we all know he is capable of.

I just want to know how this season has affected your outlook on next years expectations. Since I did not have the pleasure of remembering the gloy days of Gibbs first go around I wonder if this is the biggest let down in recent years. I just want to know if you will step back and still support your team but until we build a foundation, not go out on the limb again and declare us super bowl champions because of our off season signings. So I ask how will you approach next year.

I think most of us can admit we thought this was the big year we would get to the super bowl. I will be the first to admit I thought we were no worse than an 11-5 team and a 14-2 team at best. I loved all the free agent signings and thought we made all the right moves. I thought Brunell would hang in another year and ride off in the sunset. I thought the defense would be top 5 and dominate even more than last year. I thought Saunders and Portis were a match made in heaven. Man does this suck.

So I think to myself how will I approach next year and this coming offseason. I dont know if I will ever make the mistake of predicting this stuff again. I will hope that we trade down for more draft picks. Try and unload some of these big contracts if it is possible. I want us to stay consistent and let Gibbs fix this. I want Williams to stay and go through adversity with these players. I want this offense loaded with young talent to grow around Campbell and build on Saunders system. I want Portis to stay and become the back we all know he is capable of.

I just want to know how this season has affected your outlook on next years expectations. Since I did not have the pleasure of remembering the gloy days of Gibbs first go around I wonder if this is the biggest let down in recent years. I just want to know if you will step back and still support your team but until we build a foundation, not go out on the limb again and declare us super bowl champions because of our off season signings. So I ask how will you approach next year.

You guys are really in big trouble. You definately should trade the first pick for more picks, however would you give up a bona fide blu chipper for several maybes? I personally think the best thing you could do is unload portis and/or taylor and get exra picks to go with your first rounder. Remember Dallas unloaded walker and made a dynasty.

As far as cutting some of th big contracts, so many of them are back loaded that your cap has to take a hit if you get rid of some of those contracts early. AA, Carter, ARE and LLoyd were just bad deals that you cannot get out of of. No one would trade you anything for the huge cap hits and medicore talent. Releasing them counts heavily on your cap.

Synder needs to trade some of your good guys for multiple high picks. Start building a good young team. Eventually, all the wasted cap money will be freed up and you can add vets as needed with out breaking the bank. That's how dallas has done it.

excited because I know Gibbs will still be here and he always has a plan

indeed i truly do believe next will be a good year. prob not a super bowl year but i think we will be strong. Im looking forward to the offseason and hopefully we make some good trades. And hopefully we get rid of all that garbage we have in our secondary. But next year should be good. Hail to the Redskins!!!:dallasuck

I personally think the best thing you could do is unload portis and/or taylor and get exra picks to go with your first rounder.

Synder needs to trade some of your good guys for multiple high picks.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

Why would you even bother registering for this site? Now I know why the 'drunken idiot kicker' went to Dallas. :doh:

I personally think the best thing you could do is unload portis and/or taylor and get exra picks to go with your first rounder.

Why because you're looking for a real NFL RB and real NFL Safety? :laugh:

As for the original question. This year was the first time in my adult life that I drank the :koolaid: and swallowed hard. That will not happen again. I will always love this team and you will occassionally here me make the call for a Superbowl strictly because I am a fan and a homer. But I will not go parading around saying Superbowl in every other sentence like I have this year that's for certain. Then again, it all depends on how the rest of the season plays out too. Does this team start to gel under a new QB, or continue to fall apart? :whoknows:

Why because you're looking for a real NFL RB and real NFL Safety? :laugh:

As for the original question. This year was the first time in my adult life that I drank the :koolaid: and swallowed hard. That will not happen again. I will always love this team and you will occassionally here me make the call for a Superbowl strictly because I am a fan and a homer. But I will not go parading around saying Superbowl in every other sentence like I have this year that's for certain. Then again, it all depends on how the rest of the season plays out too. Does this team start to gel under a new QB, or continue to fall apart? :whoknows:

Thats exactly what happened to me and it got crushed. Last year I thought we would be ok but as the year went on I thought we were a great team, then this year I thought skys the limit. Oh well thers always next year..... or is there?

I'm optimistic I think we have a lot of talen onthe offensive side of the ball that just needs some time to gel, and I am hoping that rodgers will develop somewhat, we need some talent there for sure but I dont want a lot of new players or personel change. I also think the team needs to have training camp in a not so comfortable environment, redskins park is nice and all but they dont become a TEAM there they just get bombarded by media and fans. go far enough that die hard fans will come watch but not so close that its a family picnic

I'm optimistic I think we have a lot of talen onthe offensive side of the ball that just needs some time to gel, and I am hoping that rodgers will develop somewhat, we need some talent there for sure but I dont want a lot of new players or personel change. I also think the team needs to have training camp in a not so comfortable environment, redskins park is nice and all but they dont become a TEAM there they just get bombarded by media and fans. go far enough that die hard fans will come watch but not so close that its a family picnic

You know, I'll approach next year thinking that things may actually be looking up for this team.

While it's true that we all thought this year was going to be great it really did hang on a few key things that never really worked out:

1) The team taking to Saunders new offense

2) Mark Brunell having a solid, but not great year

3) The team staying healthy (Portis, Moss, etc)

4) The new parts of the team working out a jelling with the rest of the team.

Those 4 things really didn't pan out this year for whatever reason. I think the Skins made a mistake in the off season my signing Archaluta & letting Ryan Clark go. I think letting Clark go has had a huge impact on Sean Taylor as he really looked up to him. The other off season moves I think made sense, & given time will work out. I even think that it was true that it takes longer than a season to really get an understanding of Saunders' offense.

I believe things are looking up for several reasons:

1) Jason Campbell is now the QB & leader of this team and we get to see him develop into a soild NFL QB that could set our furure up for years to come.

2) I think Portis will get healthy and put together a great off season & come back next year with a vengence.

3) and this is the most important: I believe this team expected to win this year and, in truth, they were knocked on their butts and have not shown one bit of fire & hunger. I think this team goes into the off season with a huge sense having something to prove next year. Off season workouts & training camp are going to be hard as hell & when this team kicks it off for 2007 it's going to more of team because they all have some to prove together. I believe this team will go into 2007 with a fire we haven't really seen in Redskin teams in recent years.

I'm looking forward to 2007 with a young, strong armed QB, a healthy Clinton Portis, an Offense that clearly understands the playbook, a defense looking for redemption, and an entire team hungry to prove themselves to everyone.

You know, I'll approach next year thinking that things may actually be looking up for this team.

While it's true that we all thought this year was going to be great it really did hang on a few key things that never really worked out:

1) The team taking to Saunders new offense

2) Mark Brunell having a solid, but not great year

3) The team staying healthy (Portis, Moss, etc)

4) The new parts of the team working out a jelling with the rest of the team.

Those 4 things really didn't pan out this year for whatever reason. I think the Skins made a mistake in the off season my signing Archaluta & letting Ryan Clark go. I think letting Clark go has had a huge impact on Sean Taylor as he really looked up to him. The other off season moves I think made sense, & given time will work out. I even think that it was true that it takes longer than a season to really get an understanding of Saunders' offense.

I believe things are looking up for several reasons:

1) Jason Campbell is now the QB & leader of this team and we get to see him develop into a soild NFL QB that could set our furure up for years to come.

2) I think Portis will get healthy and put together a great off season & come back next year with a vengence.

3) and this is the most important: I believe this team expected to win this year and, in truth, they were knocked on their butts and have not shown one bit of fire & hunger. I think this team goes into the off season with a huge sense having something to prove next year. Off season workouts & training camp are going to be hard as hell & when this team kicks it off for 2007 it's going to more of team because they all have some to prove together. I believe this team will go into 2007 with a fire we haven't really seen in Redskin teams in recent years.

I'm looking forward to 2007 with a young, strong armed QB, a healthy Clinton Portis, an Offense that clearly understands the playbook, a defense looking for redemption, and an entire team hungry to prove themselves to everyone.

Great post and I agree and hope thats how it turns out. Good post man. :cheers:

indeed i truly do believe next will be a good year. prob not a super bowl year but i think we will be strong. Im looking forward to the offseason and hopefully we make some good trades. And hopefully we get rid of all that garbage we have in our secondary. But next year should be good. Hail to the Redskins!!!:dallasuck

If for any other reason, it should at least be better with the NFC West schedule we have. Lions,Cards,Vikings. Although, who knows, just with our luck they will all come out premier teams next year.

That's how dallas has done it.

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

I think New England is the only team in the league that can lay claim to having actually figured out the cap and win Championships. Your team has done about as much as ours in the last 10 years. I will say you guys have a leg up on us right now, but don't go tooting your horn until you actually have Lombardi in your hands.

Archived