Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is NOT Supersmart

TimmySmith

im seriously doubting campbell. i mean, not only did he finish with a 90+ qb rating and actually take shots down the field, he lead us on a drive and converted 2 4th down plays. what kind of redskins QB does something like this? i hope gibbs lets him hear it. i say we trade campbell to the broncos for jake plummer, plus we give them 56 of our next draft picks (who needs those??). plummer is a guy who can get it done. arent you guys sick of seeing touchdowns and completions past the backfield? i sure am.

Im encouraged by JCambell. He seems really poised. Shows very little emotion either way (good or bad). He definitly feels the pressure and can move when needed.

I like what I saw post-game from him. He kept mentioning his teammates being supportive and said that nothing really surprised him in terms of the speed of the game or TB's gameplan against him. He seemed very calm and collected and said all the right things. I think he was very happy or relieved that this FIRST START was out of the way and was pleased that he did solid (not great).

I think u can tell that the TEAM was ready for the change. His constant references back at how his teammates are very supportive probably indicates they are as excited as we are. It was GREAT to see M.Washington come up to Campbell after the 2nd td pass and give him some good feedback and told him how he liked to see Campbell fight. You could just tell that positive reinforcment was aplenty.

Looking forward to seeing what this guy could do with a HEALTHY Portis and Santana in the lineup. I feel like he had to deal with the JV team yesterday.

" i say we trade campbell to the broncos for jake plummer, plus we give them 56 of our next draft picks (who needs those??). "

hahahahaha. 56 is about right! Let's make them conditional picks though, because of course we will finish with a better record then them when we win the superbowl for four years in a row. So, let's swap all of our picks for the next four years with them! Plus, of course we'll throw in the next three years free, because like you said, who needs them anyways!

It was so frustrating watching Campbell work to avoid the pass rush. A "Supersmart" QB would have beelined to the sideline.

seriously. i mean, what kind of quarterback actually stands in that pocket thing? good quarterbacks know how to get free, you know, 15 yards behind the other redskins. that way when i throw the ball 20 yards, it actually only netted 5 yards! super smart playing goes along with super smart math. and those deep balls, they keep getting in front of the receivers so they could catch them. doesnt he know hes supposed to throw it at least 4 yards behind them so they can adjust? guys, the future is bleak. we need kurt warner!

LOL,

Obviously smart enough to look great for a first start.

Obviously smart enough to change the topic from a "quaterback issue" to a flawed defense (run by a smart guy) for every other Fan and sports broadcaster in this town.

An entire orginization of smart people and we have 3 wins this year. Go figure.

I wish our entire orginization was a dumb as the New England Patriots.

LOL,

Obviously smart enough to look great for a first start.

Obviously smart enough to change the topic from a "quaterback issue" to a flawed defense (run by a smart guy) for every other Fan and sports broadcaster in this town.

An entire orginization of smart people and we have 3 wins this year. Go figure.

I wish our entire orginization was a dumb as the New England Patriots.

I agree we need some super dumb players in Washingtion

When Campbell threw it 50 yards in the air with a flick of his wrist, I thought, "Gibbs is gonna chew him out on the sideline after that display. What a show-off."

Mark Brunell will show him how it's done, "Look, Jason, you've got to lean WAAY back and HEAVE the ball with your whole body. That way it'll only go about 15 yards."

He'll learn.

I still don't know if this post was a joke or not. No INT's, great check downs. Didn't force anything on the last drive, just took what they had given him, and then NEEDED to force a pass for a TD to see if we could recover an onsides kick.

I think he played great for his first start. The coaches could have done a better job at managing the clock at the end of the game, but that's not Campbells fault.

How should the first TD to Cooley have been picked off?

oh yeah watch the highlights on that other throw, JC threw it where the defense was not at, and his player made a great play.

I like him, in my mind, it's smarter to give your playmakers a chance to make a catch on a ball than to just panic and throw it to the waterboy.

this disappointment in campbell is not a laughing matter. we have a pro bowl quarterback sitting on the bench and for what? so we can have some young, agile, mobile, good visioned stud come in and lead our offense down the field? how is ladel betts gonna reach 100 receptions now? and how do you expect us to ever run an effective screen play ever again? practice makes perfect, thats why you have to run that screen at least 25 times a game. sometimes i wonder about you "fans". mark brunell will have his time to shine. he might even put up 6 points, and then what will you say??

I don't think Campbell completed a single pass to Brunell's favorite target.....the team trainers.....

I thought Brunell liked throwing the ball to the fans... he was such a classy guy he just felt as if he should give away game balls all day long, especially while the game was going.

Archived