Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is NOT Supersmart

TimmySmith

I’m just sooooooooo happy not to have to ***** about Brunnell anymore. I didn’t even have a drinking problem till he became a Redskin. Now I think I’m canceling my subscription again to AA tomorrow.....Though I did that about this time of year in 04 and had to renew it.

i didnt see any of his guts on the field so theres no way he possibly fought them out.

Best sarcastic post I've read! :laugh:

Guys just remember not to give up on our team. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but I only see things getting uglier on the defensive side of the ball. Archuletas' agent is already making public statements about his AA's playing time and I dont know what the deal is with Rogers pass coverage and Taylors all-around game.

If it wasn't for the performance by Campbell, I could say that this supposed "leak in the organization" about Portis playing too soon in Week 1 could spell trouble not only for the offensive side of the ball, but within the coaching staff as well.

I'm trusting that Gibbs will fix all these chemistry issues with the remaining games and look forward to a healthy and injury-free 2007!

Best sarcastic post I've read! :laugh:

Guys just remember not to give up on our team. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but I only see things getting uglier on the defensive side of the ball. Archuletas' agent is already making public statements about his AA's playing time and I dont know what the deal is with Rogers pass coverage and Taylors all-around game.

If it wasn't for the performance by Campbell, I could say that this supposed "leak in the organization" about Portis playing too soon in Week 1 could spell trouble not only for the offensive side of the ball, but within the coaching staff as well.

I'm trusting that Gibbs will fix all these chemistry issues with the remaining games and look forward to a healthy and injury-free 2007!

all of my posts in this thread were just me being a douche. im more than excited about the future of this offense with campbell. if he continues to play with the confidence and presense we saw yesterday, we finally have a franchise QB.

i love his guts, but he threw in traffic sometimes...it could bite us sometime in the future...but overall I'd rather see a guy take a chance then launch it to the nearest cheerleader on the sideline.

Every QB throws in traffic. It's just the Top QBs who make it 100% accurate the others turn in INTs

While i love sarcasm, and boy is it thick in this thread, I think the person who mentioned future teams looking at game film on Campbell is somewhat noteworthy. Also, with a young QB, teams will tend to blitz more and leave receivers in man-to-man, whereas with Brunell, teams took away deep passes with zones and linebackers hung behind the line waiting for screens while pass coverage (something our team's defense is still working on, to be nice) allowed opponents' D-lines to pressure Brunell and force short passes and throw aways...

Hopefully, Campbell's scrambling will force D's to take some of their coverages down and force more man-to-man matchups, where we can use Moss's speed, Randle El's moves, and Lloyd's athleticism to get some receivers open... also, while we did not have great running from our RBs, we had decent pass protection for JC, and that's not a bad thing... I think throwing downfield is good, but we can't avoid running, it's just something the Skins do...

I posted about this yesterday, but I hope we see some Rocky McIntosh sightings in weeks to come...

Archived