Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for Andy to move on?

pointyfootball

There are a lot of things I like about Andy Reid: His even-keeled approach to coaching football, his willingness to try and get the most important players (besides QB) - OL/DL, and his run from 2000-2004, where he brought playoff football back to Philadelphia.

That being said, I think his approach, coaching style, personnel and system have all worn out their welcome. Not saying he might not win in the future, or that he isn't a very good coach. I just think that barring MAJOR changes in coaching, personnel and/or systems, after several years the coach loses the team's focus. To me it just seems like this team has tuned AR out. Maybe it's because the leaders on this team can't motivate the way they used to. Maybe it's because the offense, so successful a few years ago, hadn't adapted to ebb/flow of defenses in the league. Same goes for the defense, which was originally built to fight St. Louis, and stopping the pass seems to be the only thing J.Johnson worries about.

This team is undisciplined, unmotivated, poorly coached, out-hustled and out-coached on game day consistently. As much as I love AR as a person, I think the kind of shake up that is required is significantly more than getting rid of a player or two and signing a Matt Schobel-type player. McNabb can now officially be classified as injury-prone, missing the end of 3 out of the last 5 regular seasons. He MUST have help, as in a good running game. Making him throw 30+ times EVERY game makes his chances of getting injured increase! How can every fan see/know that but not the coaching staff?

Who would I love for the Eagles to get? The guy who beat them yesterday - Jeff Fisher. He was defensive coordinator here and is a very good football coach, who understands that you win by running the football and stopping the run.

Bitter,

PF

Reid needs to do some soul searching. The offensive philosophy he has adopted isn't getting his team anywhere, and in a league that's getting increasingly more physical the style he coaches seems painfully out of touch.

The fat man also has some serious deficiencies when it comes to managing the game. His disdain for concepts like ball controll for example has indirectly led to attrition on the defensive side of the ball in each of the last two seasons. Losing Kearse for the season in overtime in the ridiculous Giants game is a perfect example.

If I'm an Eagles fan I'm not very hopeful though. Reid's demeanor borders on arrogance and I'm having a hard time thinking that he will ever come to his senses and change his ways.

With the NFC East being as competitive as ever I think Reid wasted a golden opportunity in seasons past to finally win the big game. It won't ever get as easy for Reid to make it to the dance again and I have feeling that his legacy will forever be the three straight lost NFC Championship games.

Actually, I still believe Andy is one of the best coaches in the league (except for time management.)

Hey, he's delivered every year you haven't had McNabb injured. Every year.

You guys need to show some respect.

I DO respect AR. I said so in my post. He's a very good head coach. He hasn't realized that he needs to give McNabb help yet and I've said for years that they won't win it until he does.

Point of my post was there are obvious internal problems with this team, as well as philosophies, and that changing these might require more than swapping a player or two. It might take a coaching change.

I DO respect AR. I said so in my post. He's a very good head coach. He hasn't realized that he needs to give McNabb help yet and I've said for years that they won't win it until he does.

Point of my post was there are obvious internal problems with this team, as well as philosophies, and that changing these might require more than swapping a player or two. It might take a coaching change.

Did Andy call the game yesterday?

Reid will get a pass here, I guarantee it.

The season will be blamed on injuries to Kearse or McNabb or Stallworth... But mostly McNabb.

And Lurie/fans will overlook the facts you brought up.

The lack of discipline. The poor defensive effort. The poor game day coaching. The ridiculous run/pass ratio that only works with McNabb at the helm.

The team was going to miss the playoffs with McNabb, but somehow, the loss of the season will be blamed on McNabb going down and Reid will get the HUGE pass. Reid is going nowhere.

To be honest.....I think we need a more "aggressive" DC. I like JJ, but the league has him figured out. It's really simple to beat the Eagles.

1 - Pass on first down (abuse Trotter in pass coverage)

2 - Run at Darwin Walker

3 - When you see Dawkins in the box, throw to the side of the field that Dhani Jones is on

4 - When in the shotgun, run the ball on a misdirection play because they always, ALWAYS blitz to the weak side of the formation.

If anything, a blast from the past (Rex Ryan or Reid Ryan Buddy's boys?) could really help. Anyone from the Ryan family would be welcomed here....hell, even the Man himself! As long as he donkey punched Big Red like he did to Gillbride!

Reid isn't at fault for having his star quarterback go down two years in a row. Sorry, but you can't fault a guy for injuries. That team revolves around McNabb, and that is the way Andy Reid has built it. I think it was a smart move to build around a top-three quarterback, and luck just didn't fall on Andy's side this time.

Reid isn't at fault for having his star quarterback go down two years in a row. Sorry, but you can't fault a guy for injuries. That team revolves around McNabb, and that is the way Andy Reid has built it. I think it was a smart move to build around a top-three quarterback, and luck just didn't fall on Andy's side this time.

Maybe the Eagle fans have a problem with a team built solely around one player...who knows?

Does Reid make McNabb look good or is it the other way around?

His playcalling is horrendous. And he will never win without a QB who is as good as McNabb. Which means he won't win period.

Remember when people were saying that the Steelers should cut ties with Cowher?

Yeah, I bet the fans are glad that never happened.

Winning the SB is hard and you shouldnt fire a coach because he hasnt won one in 8 or so years.

Reid is a very good head coach and the Eagles would be foolish to let him go.

Does Reid make McNabb look good or is it the other way around?

His playcalling is horrendous. And he will never win without a QB who is as good as McNabb. Which means he won't win period.

If you have to ask.... Do you think the Eagles would have gone anywhere without McNabb?

Archived