Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We WILL make a run...this season!

FunBunch7

Look, I hope you are right, but history suggests otherwise. Brady had success as a young QB, but there are no others that come close. More than likely they win one out of the next four and maybe pull an upset at the end of the schedule (hopefully against the Giants) if they get some breaks. With Jason, a 5 - 11 record should be all we could hope for now.

Still, I don't disagree with the decision. It would have taken a miracle to make the playoffs from a 3 - 6 record, so now is the time for this change. But to those that thought it should have come before now: You are all CRAZY. If they had won yesterday, they would have been right back in the hunt. But, now at 1 -3 in the division, it is too late.

Gibbs is a great coach. He didn't panic and pull the trigger until it was the perfect time.

It's a lot more fun to be optimistic about the team, than it is to sit around depressed.

I think I'll build my hopes up one more time this season, only to have them dashed, again. I hope My heart can take it.

Just remember how long the offseason is, and be glad we've got more football to watch!

(I think watching highlights of the Super Bowl versus Miami brought me out of my funk today. The NFL Films version is on Comcast On-Demand now until Dec.11)

I don't think we should win the tampa game, but I think we have a chance, especially with Campbell. Tampa still has a good D, and I'm certain their offense will find a way to beat our secondary a number of times.

What really will affect JC's performance on Sunday is the running game. If Duckett and Betts have a good day, then we can most definetely win this game. If not, it will be tough.

:doh:

To get Campbell experience with winning, and being a member of a playoff team....

big whoop.. who cares.. best thing i hope for this year.. campbell shows hes good and the future qb and we continue to lose.. i want the best of both worlds.. campbell looks great and we get a solid draft pick

Tampa will smoke us 27-0. Campbell will have 73 yards passing and will have 40 yards rushing. Tampa is NOT the place to start a new quarterback who has looked worthless in preseason. Those Campbell lovers are gonna get their wish. He will not impress anyone. The only run we are going to make this season is to the free agent market where we can pick up come more winners like Archuleta.

Tampa will smoke us 27-0. Campbell will have 73 yards passing and will have 40 yards rushing. Tampa is NOT the place to start a new quarterback who has looked worthless in preseason. Those Campbell lovers are gonna get their wish. He will not impress anyone. The only run we are going to make this season is to the free agent market where we can pick up come more winners like Archuleta.

It's not too hard to tell the real fans from the ass-clowns these days.

Edit: Quite possibly the most pessimistic, self-absorbed set of posts on this forum here.

Lighten up, Bro.

Nice vote of confidence. I'm anxious to see what Campbell can do and I'm sure he will do better than that. He will make mistakes and the running game depleted doesn't help. But if he can get the ball downfield to Moss, Randle El or Lloyd, something can happen.

We'll be lucky to win 1 of the next four games even with Campbell in there, it's ral funny how everyone has been calling for Campbell and Mark's not the reason we're losing ball games. We have to stop someone first before we can win in today's NFL, our defense is horrible we can't stop the run of the pass we sux all around. Campbell is not going to fix this but it will be nice to see what the future brings and I sure hope it's better then what Vince Young brings to the table.

Hey I am with the original poster. JC gets his first start against a weak Tampa team and hopefully finds some sort of groove. TJ gets some action and pounds a few balls up the middle and helps us to control some clock. we win at Tampa and come home with a tiny bit of swagger and who knows where that might lead.

Then again I understand the homefield advantage has been anything but recently but you can't stop hoping until hope is gone.

It's not too hard to tell the real fans from the ass-clowns these days.

Edit: Quite possibly the most pessimistic, self-absorbed set of posts on this forum here.

Lighten up, Bro.

Sorry man. It's really hard to be optimistic when for the last 14 years, there has been nothing but sorryness. I was spoiled groing up. I KNEW that when we stepped out on the field, we were going to play like classy champions. We have lost our identity as a franchise and it's frustrating to me. I want to be positive, but it's hard.

Yeah at 3-6 things on the surface seem pretty gloom. But we have a game in Tampa that we SHOULD win bringing us to 4-6...AND THEN...

a 3 game home stretch which includes Carolina, Atlanta and Philly.

If we can come out of this at 7-6 or even 6-7 we will still be mathematically alive and have something to root for as far as playoffs go.

In any event, it is still important for us to get to 8-8 if possible. It goes without saying that the development of Jason Campbell is importnat for the future as well.

This season is not over by a long shot brothers and sisters!

Oh stop, stop please as much as I would love for this to happen its not going to, lets just focus on Jason getting acclimated with this system and getting comfortable playing with the first team:gaintsuck

Yeah at 3-6 things on the surface seem pretty gloom. But we have a game in Tampa that we SHOULD win bringing us to 4-6...AND THEN...

a 3 game home stretch which includes Carolina, Atlanta and Philly.

If we can come out of this at 7-6 or even 6-7 we will still be mathematically alive and have something to root for as far as playoffs go.

In any event, it is still important for us to get to 8-8 if possible. It goes without saying that the development of Jason Campbell is importnat for the future as well.

This season is not over by a long shot brothers and sisters!

I agree, FunBunch!

CarrollsMine99.

I'm just looking at the rest of the season as a 7 game season now that Campbell is in. The Redskins are 0-0. What will there record be like at the end once all is said and done? So everyone who thinks we're automatically going to go the playoffs just cause Jason is starting should really take a step back. One game at a time people.

*Edit: I do admire your optimism though. :cheers:

Archived